PDA

View Full Version : Mustafa Hosny: خدعوك فقالوا

Oum Ahmad Mohamed
04-28-2010, 08:17 AM
As-salamu `alaikum warahmatuAllahi wabarakatuh,

I recently received a message that warned me about Mustafa Hosny. I love Mustafa Hosny (May Allah reward him) and I don't see anything wrong with the programme, if anyone believes otherwise, please do post with evidence.

Baraka Allah feekoum.

Mohammad Abdul Wahhaab
04-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Wa alaykumus-salaam wa ra'hmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

First we need to know who is Mustafa Hosny and what is his show[s] about! and also if he is qualified to speak about these topics

Actually, it is enough for me to look at him and know that his show starts with music and that he has women in his shows and he has no problems with that, and that his "Sheikh" who "prepares" his "shows" is the student of Ali Jumu'ah the Mufti of Egypt! and also it is enough for me that Sheikh/Al-Huweiny and Sheikh/ Mazen As-Sirsawy answered him [I'll put the links in my next post]

Also enough for me to know that he is Ash'ary!!!!!!!! in 'Aqeedah

It is also enough for me that he forbids any discussion about what he says in his forums, he stopped the membership of many brothers and he kicked them out of the forums when they asked for discussion

It is also enough for me that some Shuyukh phoned him and some brothers I know personally did the same

It is also enough that he is not qualified to speak about religion and that he is not the one who prepares his shows, it is someone else, so he is just a reader of other people's writings.

The list is very long, I'll let the brothers check his show first and I'll post links of the Shuyukh who answered him [you can find them in the Arabic thread though].

Simply you need to click the link in sister Ruwayda's signature to see for yourself then we can discuss what he says about Bid'ah and [recently] about Music!!!!!

But I would refer to some posts in the Arabic Multaqa first:
http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vb/showthread.php?t=173266

Waiting for other opinions then I'll start translating some of what he says, although this is a waste of time and health for me [for I can't really listen to this person without getting nervous].

Also I would like to mention that, it is not allowed for sisters to say this:
I love Mustafa Hosny (May Allah reward him)

Just thought I must advise about this ... [but I do not wanna change the topic please, so lets not argue about that]
May Allah guide us all to what he likes

Mohammad Abdul Wahhaab
04-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Let me add something here as well
Mustafa Hosny insulted all the scholars of Islam starting with Abu Bakr As-Siddiq!!!
His show's title is "They fooled you!! and said: this is Bid'ah"!
One of his lies is that they fooled us and said that Mawlid is Bid'ah!!! I demand you to find out who called it a Bid'ah.
Another lie is that they fooled us and said that rubbing the face with hands after Du'a is Bid'ah!!! same for that one, go and find out who called it a Bid'ah!!!
The list goes on .... just watch the stuff that he said in his show.

Also notice that he said, this scholar permitted such and such then it is not Bid'ah, and that scholar permitted such and such then it is not Bid'ah
If you put the second scholar in the place of the first one, the sentence won't be correct!

For example: Ahmad said sentence 1 and Muhammad said sentence 2
If you put Muhammad instead of Ahmad it won't work.

You know what I'm saying? The guy is following the mistakes of scholars! and he did the same for Music.....

Waiting for brothers and sisters to watch and judge by themselves .....

And here are the links to the answers on him:
1- Sheikh/ Abu Ishaq Al-Huweiny [Part 1] (http://www.islamway.com/?iw_s=Lesson&iw_a=view&lesson_id=90566)
2- Sheikh/ Abu Ishaq Al-Huweiny [Part 2] (http://www.islamway.com/?iw_s=Lesson&iw_a=view&lesson_id=90570)
3- Sheikh/ Mazen As-Sirsawy [Part 1] (http://www.islamway.com/?iw_s=Lesson&iw_a=view&lesson_id=90565)
4- Sheikh/ Mazen As-Sirsawy [Part 2] (http://www.forsanelhaq.com/showthread.php?t=116981)
5- Sheikh/ Mazen As-Sirsawy [Part 3] (http://www.archive.org/download/muslim2006_1406/fathbary18-06-09_vbr.mp3)

May Allah guide us all

Bint Nail
04-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Assalamu alaykum

Since you've brought it up, I must ask, why is it not allowed to say that you love a person of the opposite gender if it implies that the love is for the sake of Allah and free of haram?!? In other words, what is the difference between loving a scholar, let's say shaykh Ibn Baz, for the sake of Allah, and saying it, so long it is not said to the person directly? I want to know this brother.

Mohammad Abdul Wahhaab
04-28-2010, 10:26 AM
One more thing, this guy Mustafa put some books for reading if one wants to seek knowledge, and of these books [in the first level!!!] he mentioned:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!الخريدة البهية وشرحها للشيخ احمد دردير

المستخلص في تزكية النفس لسعيد حوى

تاج العروس الجاوي لتهذيب النفوس لابن عطاء الله السكندرى

تيسير متن أبى شجاع للدكتور على جمعة

In the second level he puts:

صفوة التفاسير للصابوني

بداية الهداية للامام للغزالى

In the third level he puts this joke:
صيد الخاطر لابن القيم!!!
lol

He also puts some books of our Shuyukh but those are just like "OK! I'll put some of your books to shut you up!"

Link to make sure I'm not lying [??!] (http://mustafahosny.com/books.php?type=books&cat_id=6)

Allah ul-Musta'an

Mohammad Abdul Wahhaab
04-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Assalamu alaykum

Since you've brought it up, I must ask, why is it not allowed to say that you love a person of the opposite gender if it implies that the love is for the sake of Allah and free of haram?!? In other words, what is the difference between loving a scholar, let's say shaykh Ibn Baz, for the sake of Allah, and saying it, so long it is not said to the person directly? I want to know this brother.

Wa alaykumus-Salaam

May Allah reward you
ok although this is not the topic but lets see ....
http://mustafahosny.com/index.php
Please look at his picture and tell me, is it the same like saying I love Ibn Baz [for the sake of Allah]?

As for Ibn Baz the case is totally different
Plus, this one is Mubtade', he's not a normal Mubtade' though, he seeks proofs for his Bid'ah too, and he calls to it!

Well, all this is based on the main topic though, so lets see opinions about it
May Allah guide us all

Bint Nail
04-28-2010, 10:38 AM
May Allah reward you, I thought you meant it is prohibited in general, regardless of who the person is, because you said "for sisters". I haven't checked the links nor do I know who this person is, but if everything you say is true, then the gender of the one who says that he loves him would be irrelevant.

Mohammad Abdul Wahhaab
04-28-2010, 10:41 AM
http://mustafahosny.com/multimedia.php?cat_id=108

This link as well shows his Manhaj!!!!!!!!!!! Look what he advises people to watch!!!!!!

May Allah reward you, I thought you meant it is prohibited in general, regardless of who the person is.
Ameen wa eyyakum
Sorry, I didn't mention the details of this matter in my previous post but Alhamdulillah! you understand me now

Ayman bin khaled
04-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Assalamu alaykum

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

why is it not allowed to say that you love a person of the opposite gender if it implies that the love is for the sake of Allah and free of haram?!? In other words, what is the difference between loving a scholar, let's say shaykh Ibn Baz, for the sake of Allah, and saying it, so long it is not said to the person directly? I want to know this brother.

It is detested not Haram if it is said from one to an old scholar and surely prevented when it is said to a young man regardless how pious he is. No scholar will allow this even if it is said in such context while noting how people are today.

Anyhow, knowledge only taken from its sources and that is enough.

Bint Nail
04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

It is detested not Haram if it is said from one to an old scholar and surely prevented when it is said to a young man regardless how pious he is. No scholar will allow this even if it is said in such context while noting how people are today.

Anyhow, knowledge only taken from its sources and that is enough.

Assalamu alaykum

Jazakom Allahu khayran, I was aware of this point -hence I said "so long it is not said to the person directly" - and do not object to it, but I wasn't aware of not being allowed to say - as I understood the brother's words- that one loves such and such, because it was not said to the actual person of the opposite gender directly and the type of love has no haram connotations.

Oum Ahmad Mohamed
04-28-2010, 01:03 PM
May Allah reward you for responding Bro, I appreciate it. I hope this thread can be beneficial for those who listen to Mustafa Hosny, and speakers like himself on IQRA Channel.
Actually, it is enough for me to look at him and know that his show starts with music and that he has women in his shows and he has no problems with that, and that his "Sheikh" who "prepares" his "shows" is the student of Ali Jumu'ah the Mufti of Egypt! and also it is enough for me that Sheikh/Al-Huweiny and Sheikh/ Mazen As-Sirsawy answered him
A presenter in a Programme does not run everything, therefore perhaps you are mistaken in putting the blame on himself for how it is 'situated'. As for having women on his show, what is wrong with that? There were both men and women, and they were all covered. Plus this was in his past shows, I haven't seen an audience in the current programme.

It is also enough for me that he forbids any discussion about what he says in his forums, he stopped the membership of many brothers and he kicked them out of the forums when they asked for discussion

It is also enough for me that some Shuyukh phoned him and some brothers I know personally did the same
I don't know about this, but I don't see why this would constitute as an argument against him.

It is also enough that he is not qualified to speak about religion and that he is not the one who prepares his shows, it is someone else, so he is just a reader of other people's writings.

Simply you need to click the link in sister Ruwayda's signature to see for yourself then we can discuss what he says about Bid'ah and [recently] about Music!!!!!

But I would refer to some posts in the Arabic Multaqa first:
http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vb/showthread.php?t=173266 (http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/../vb/showthread.php?t=173266)

Waiting for other opinions then I'll start translating some of what he says, although this is a waste of time and health for me [for I can't really listen to this person without getting nervous]. Then he is a great reader of what others have written, whether he writes himself or someone else prepares for him matters little, and I don't know anything about this. Someone can study under great scholars but if they are not eloquent in speech, or if they can't speak in a way that is inspiring and full of enthusiasm, then they will not be able to reach the masses. May Allah give you better health, you don't need to post any more if it is bad for your health, I'll read the links posted inshAllah, but it is very long.
Also I would like to mention that, it is not allowed for sisters to say this:

Where I come from, it's normal to say you love so and so for the job they do, and as far as I'm aware this is not haram. There is nothing wrong with expressing our love towards other Muslims for something which is perceived as good and beneficial... Generic-Fatwas are not necessary.

Also, I watched his show on Music and I thought it was great. He didn't make anything up, so what's the problem? I will read the links posted [I]InshAllah soon.

Ayman bin khaled
04-28-2010, 04:40 PM
I must admit that the trial of Muslims in this era is the new so called Dua'at!! What makes it worse is that people start to look up to them when they are not the right example to look up to. In any case, why one drink from the tab when the fountain is next to him?

The brother has plenty of mistakes, he is not a a student of knowledge and he has been criticised by people of knowledge and if Shaykh al-Huwayni criticised him then one must not even listen to him. This is because we know the Shaykh religion, piety, and knowledge and we do not know anything about Musatafa husny knowledge or piety. and this knowledge is deen so one must6 be careful from whom he takes his religion.

There is no need to be argumative about everything. Khalas take your deen from scholars and throw the new modern Tv shows Duaat behind your back even if they are good and that is as easy as it is.

Wallahu al-Muwaffiq

Oum Ahmad Mohamed
04-28-2010, 04:53 PM
As a layperson in Islamic sciences, I find it hard to listen to scholars because they tend to use the same tone throughout their speech. I'm not saying they should make knowledge entertaining, but at least put some emotion in it.

Secondly, these callers to the truth (May Allah reward them) tend to be easily accessible. Thirdly, everyone is criticised, and lastly, which scholar should lay people listen to, or try and read from since not only there are so many, but where do we start?

Bassam Zawadi
04-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Of course brother Ayman and the others are not saying that you throw out the baby with the bathwater just because someone has flaws, since no one is perfect. Indeed, it is good to follow the principle of taking the good and leaving the bad. But if what is said about this fellow is true, then it appears that his bad overcomes his good, since if he is an Ashari you run the risk of taking from his aqeedah and getting affected of things that he says which are based upon Ashari foundations. Keep aside the problem of him having women on the show, that is the least of his problems and keep aside the fact that he says music is okay. Also, if you would like..... forget about his view on Mawlid. The fundamental problem is his Aqeedah. There are scholars who have said that you may learn sciences not affected by deviant aqeedah. For instance, many Salafis study under Asharis the science of hadeeth. This is because some Asharis have amazing knowledge to share on this topic (for example, Shu'ayb Al Arnaut) and such knowledge is rare, but the question is: what does Mostafa Hosny have to share that is so valuable that one could not find elsewhere?

Oum Ahmad Mohamed
04-28-2010, 05:02 PM
what does Mostafa Hosny have to share that is so valuable that one could not find elsewhere?

Style, Eloquence and emotion.

There are several speakers on IQRA Channel that I like because of the way they convey the message. There is a Shaykh on Islam channel, he always smiles and every time I listen to him, I end up smiling and wanting to be better! That's what's so valuable. Yes I can pick up a book and read from it but if it doesn't go to my heart, then it will just be information stored and I don't want that.

Bassam Zawadi
04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
One of the best speakers to the youth is Shaykh Nabeel Al Awadi. He is Kuwaiti and runs the show ساعة صراحة. He discusses some of the most heart warming subjects and you will freeze when you listen to him recite Qur'an during his talks.

Shaykh العريفي is also very famous and many people like his style and talks.

In English, you have Sheikh Yasir Qadhi who talks very fluently and eloquently.

Mohammad Abdul Wahhaab
04-28-2010, 11:47 PM
forget about his view on Mawlid
Brother Bassam, it is not only the Mawlid unfortunately
It is everything that the Salafis ever said is Bid'ah, he brought every Bid'ah and brought a saying of some scholar allowing it then said "Oh! that scholar said it is not Bid'ah then it is not Bid'ah" [that means that the other scholars fooled us as he said]! That does not work if you put another name instead of the name he brought, you get my idea?

Plus, he told people that we - Salafis - fooled them!! and claimed that these things are Bid'ah while NONE of them is Bid'ah

So people are insulting us and insulting the Shuyukh starting with Sheikh/ Al-Huwayni because of this kid! [and he talked about the Sheikh impolitely many times and accused people who answered him of not understanding]

Not only that, let me refer to this problem again
If you say that people who said Mawlid is Bid'ah fooled us = who?
If you say that people who said Sib7ah is Bid'ah fooled us = who?
If you say that people who said Rubbing the face after Du'a is Bid'ah fooled us = who?
If you say that people who said Reciting Qur'an for the dead is Bid'ah fooled us = who?
These are only examples, listen to him for more lies! however, can you find me ONE scholar who said that all of these four are not Bid'ah?????????? I can find you one who said they are all Bid'ah, can you find the opposite???? OK! then all the scholars of Islam are fooling us. Wait! including the Prophet (Salla Allahu 'Alayhe wa sallam) as he said "Every innovation is Bid'ah and every Bid'ah is a delusion".

Lets summarize everything - because the thread will be long with no benefit except arguments - : HE is the student of the student of Ali Jumu'ah and he is the one who writes the show [he admitted that]! [no need to comment on that one] and he - his sheikh - has a book called: "إحياء المقبور بأدلة استحباب اتخاذ المساجد على القبور"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said about this so-called Sheikh that he "لم تر عيناه مثله"!!!!!!!!!!!! [He never seen a person like him]! wow!

If you want to make sure of his Manhaj, check this link:
http://www.alsoufya.com/khada3okdibid3a.html

There are several speakers on IQRA Channel that I like because of the way they convey the message
Which message? The message of innovations and a new made-up religion collected from here and there? The most important thing is what they say not how they say it. May Allah guide us!

If you listen to 'Ali Jumu'ah he is a good talker too! lets follow him then?
Allah ul-Musta'an
May Allah guide us and save us from these liars who try to fool the Ummah!

Mohammad Abdul Wahhaab
04-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I must admit that the trial of Muslims in this era is the new so called Dua'at!! What makes it worse is that people start to look up to them when they are not the right example to look up to. In any case, why one drink from the tab when the fountain is next to him?

The brother has plenty of mistakes, he is not a a student of knowledge and he has been criticised by people of knowledge and if Shaykh al-Huwayni criticised him then one must not even listen to him. This is because we know the Shaykh religion, piety, and knowledge and we do not know anything about Musatafa husny knowledge or piety. and this knowledge is deen so one must6 be careful from whom he takes his religion.

There is no need to be argumative about everything. Khalas take your deen from scholars and throw the new modern Tv shows Duaat behind your back even if they are good and that is as easy as it is.

Wallahu al-Muwaffiq

Jazakomollaahu Khairan
May Allah guide all who listen to this kid and believe his lies

I advise you, sister Ruwayda, sincerely, to listen to the lecture of Sheikh/ Al-Huwayni, really, it is important

Mohammad Abdul Wahhaab
04-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Then he is a great reader of what others have written
The other who writes for him is the student of 'Ali Jumu'ah! It does not matter if he reads it correctly or not, I would rather read the Songs of Solomon than reading what this guy writes : )

Mohammad Abdul Wahhaab
04-29-2010, 12:02 AM
One more thing that can be helpful here
1- His Sheikh, look at this picture
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2805/r4r4r4r4r.png
That sheikh of his insults Sheikh/Al-Albany, Sheikh/ Al-Huwayni and others, he insults them literally.

2- His models:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1893/34344w.png

Mohammad Abdul Wahhaab
05-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Update:
They fooled Mustafa Hosny lately and told him that Music is Halal but this time he does not have a lot of books like last time.

And here, Sheikh/ Mazen As-Sirsawi answers him with proofs:
http://www.forsanelhaq.com/showthread.php?t=160810