Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Islaam interpret the "incorruptibility" of the bodies of non-Muslims?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Islaam interpret the "incorruptibility" of the bodies of non-Muslims?

Assalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

Apparently there has been quite a number of cases where bodies of the non-Muslims didn't undergo corruption or rotting even after their death, without any sort of mummification. This phenomenon was especially common with Catholic saints, so much so that postmortem bodily incorruptibility used to be stipulated as one of the conditions for sainthood. These bodies are spread all over the word, the catholics preserve the bodies of these saints in glass cases.

I don't think is a proof for Christianity or Catholicism or anything, because there have been non-Christian instances of "incorruptibility" as well. Foremost among them being the example of Muslim martyrs.

As for plausible scientific explanations of this, there can be some factors like mummification, quality of soil in which the body is buried and so on, but for the most part this fails to answer many of the question. I think this issue is almost evidently supernatural. I am not going to post any links to respect the policies of this forum.

So how do we as Muslims understand these phenomena? The obvious explanation is probably jinn, but can some further explanations be provided?

JazakAllahu khayran Katheeran
    Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know." [Baqarah, 2:30]

السلام عليكم

There are two polar opposites that determine the state of this phenomenon

1. The earth does not consume the body of the prophets. This is a m'ujiza (Miracle) featured for the prophets only and more importantly, it is exclusive to the prophets only.
    There are no non-prophets whom Allah commands the earth to hault the decay of its body.

Therefore, if a non prophet has their body not decayed, then it is for the second reason which is

2. All people whose bodies are not consumed by the earth are the greatest devils that the earth does not even want their decay on its surface.

so in the first case, this phenomenon is a miracle, whereas in this case, this is a curse upon the enemy of Allah.

So any priest whose body wasn't consumed, it is because they must have been the greatest enemies to Allah and the greatest obstruction to the path of Allah.
    Wallahul-alim

السلام عليكم
    ابو نعيمة علي البريكي

"I have debated with the Ash'aris
    and it has become clear to me that they believe that Allah does not exist"

May Allah hasten the Muslims back to the path
    that granted victory to them before.

http://islamthought.wordpress.com/

http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/

Comment

Is there a precedence for point no.2 in scripture? I think I saw a Hadith on this regarding a Christian apostate being spit out of the earth.
      www.call-to-monotheism.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bassam Zawadi View Post
        Is there a precedence for point no.2 in scripture? I think I saw a Hadith on this regarding a Christian apostate being spit out of the earth.
        That was my precedent my brotha from anotha motha.
        ابو نعيمة علي البريكي

Comment

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Ain't there suppose to be Dinosaur bones that are still in tact after "100's millions of years"?
          A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Interesting answer brothers, JazakAllahu khayran katheeran.
            Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know." [Baqarah, 2:30]

Comment

Ibn Hajar [May Allah shower him with Mercy] said in Fath al-Baari when speaking about the tradition narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim that: "While a man was walking, dragging his dress with pride, he was caused to be swallowed by the earth and will go on sinking in it till the Day of Resurrection."

He said: " ... and what this tradition entails is that the earth will not eat the body of that man, and it could be asked in the form of a riddle and one can [ask], 'a Kaffir whose body does not decompose after Death'".

في حديث بن عمر فهو يتجلجل في الأرض إلى يوم القيامة وفي رواية الربيع بن مسلم عند مسلم فهو يتجلجل في الأرض حتى تقوم الساعة ومثله في رواية أبي رافع ووقع في رواية همام عن أبي هريرة عند أحمد حتى يوم القيامة والتجلجل بجيمين التحرك وقيل الجلجلة الحركة مع صوت وقال بن دريد كل شيء خلطت بعضه ببعض فقد جلجلته وقال بن فارس التجلجل أن يسوخ في الأرض مع أضطراب شديد ويندفع من شق إلى شق فالمعنى يتجلجل في الأرض أي ينزل فيها مضطربا متدافعا وحكى عياض أنه روى يتجلل بجيم واحدة ولام ثقيلة وهو بمعنى يتغطى أي تغطية الأرض وحكى عن بعض الروايات أيضا يتخلخل بخاءين معجمتين واستبعدها إلا أن يكون من قولهم خلخلت العظم إذا أخذت ما عليه من اللحم وجاء في غير الصحيحين يتحلحل بحاءين مهملتين قلت والكل تصحيف إلا الأول ومقتضى هذا الحديث أن الأرض لا تأكل جسد هذا الرجل فيمكن أن يلغز به فيقال كافر لا يبلى جسده بعد الموت

Comment

Ya shaykh Mahmoud
                السلام عليكم

Are you trying to say that my wajh matched Ibn Hajr's?

Why I'm flattered
                Smile
                ابو نعيمة علي البريكي

Comment

Working...
                X