No announcement yet.

Refuting Arguments Made by Shias Against Muawiya

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any rebuttals on these narrations specifically ?

On insulting Ali Ibn Abi Talib and cursing him during the Umayah period
    starting in Muawiyah's reign, it is reported that:

"Ali Ibn Abi Talib was cursed on the pulpits (manabir) of the
    east and west...", during the time of Muawiyah.

Sunni reference: Mu'jam al-Buldan, al-Hamawi, v5, p38

In her letter, Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet (PBUH) wrote to
    Muawiyah: "...You are cursing Allah and His messenger on your minbar,
    and that is because you are cursing Ali Ibn Abi Talib and whomever
    loves him, and I am a witness that Allah and His messengerloved him."
    But no one paid any attention to what she said.

Sunni reference: al-Aqd al-Fareed, v2, p300

"That it was in the days of Bani Umayyah, more than seventy thousand
    minbar (in mosques) upon which they cursed Ali Ibn Abi-Talib, in some
    of what Muawiyah made a Sunnah for them."

Sunni references:
    - Rabeea' al-Abrar, al-Zamakhshari
    - al-Hafidh Jalaluddin al-Suyuti
    ...you counted it a little thing, while with Allâh (SWT) it was very great. [24:15]

Comment

On insulting Ali Ibn Abi Talib and cursing him during the Umayah period
      starting in Muawiyah's reign, it is reported that:

"Ali Ibn Abi Talib was cursed on the pulpits (manabir) of the
      east and west...", during the time of Muawiyah.

Sunni reference: Mu'jam al-Buldan, al-Hamawi, v5, p38
      it would gave been helpful if you would have provided the sanad. Moreover in the same thread there are some refutations regarding the claim that Hz muwavia used to curse hz ali on the pulpit.

In her letter, Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet (PBUH) wrote to
      Muawiyah: "...You are cursing Allah and His messenger on your minbar,
      and that is because you are cursing Ali Ibn Abi Talib and whomever
      loves him, and I am a witness that Allah and His messengerloved him."
      But no one paid any attention to what she said.

Sunni reference: al-Aqd al-Fareed, v2, p300
      Iqd al-Fareed

Once again, the Shia attempt to pass off an insignificant and useless source as being an “authentic Sunni text.” Iqd al-Fareed is not a history book at all, but rather it is a literary novel that contains elements of fiction in it. Perhaps tomorrow the Shia will quote from a few Nancy Drew novels or maybe Sidney Sheldon’s thrillers and claim that these are authentic history books. Furthermore, and this point cannot be stressed enough, the author of Iqd al-Fareed was Ibn Abd Rabuh who was well known for his pro-Shia inclinations.

Ibn Abu Rabuh’s book, Iqd al-Fareed, is a chain-less literary piece in which his inclusion criteria is only that the text be eloquent Arabic; the text in his book was chosen not for its historical accuracy or authenticity, but rather his book was a compilation of any text that was eloquent in nature. As such, the author of Iqd al-Fareed included texts from Shia sources so long as they were eloquently written. The Shia are well-known for their dedication to poetry so it is not at all strange that Ibn Abd Rabuh would include their texts. To give an example, Nahjul Balagha means “the Peak of Eloquence”; to the Sunni historian, the book is a piece of garbage due to its flagrant inaccuracies and Shia exaggerations. However, to the literary lover (be he Sunni or otherwise), the Nahjul Balagha is actually very eloquent in its original Arabic, and it can be appreciated for that aspect. One can, for example, appreciate the eloquence of the Bible or even the Bhagavad Gita; the Bible might contain an eloquent quote from Jesus but this does not at all mean that it is accurate, no matter how beautifully worded!

The Shia spent excessive amounts of time writing poetry about Kerbala and in fact there are beautiful poems written by the Shia on this incident; however, they lack in historical accuracy and are rather things of legends and myths. Likewise, the Shia spent much time crafting poetry in the name of Ali and forging supposed counter-responses by his so-called opponents such as Muawiyyah and Aisha. The author of Iqd al-Fareed included these texts due to their literary value, but the truth is that no matter how beautifully worded these texts are, they cannot at all be considered authentic.

Furthermore, the author of Iqd al-Fareed was known for his Shia inclinations; he was a big fan of the eloquent nature of Shia texts. Today, there are many so-called liberal and progressive “Sunnis” who preach unity with Shia and even with homosexuals. Irshad Menji the lesbian could be considered a Sunni; if she wrote a literary novel, could this be used as an authentic Sunni text? Could we take her views on homosexuality as indicative of the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama’ah? Not every word written by a “Sunni” can be construed as being “authoritative” or indicative of the Sunni position on matters.

That it was in the days of Bani Umayyah, more than seventy thousand
      minbar (in mosques) upon which they cursed Ali Ibn Abi-Talib, in some
      of what Muawiyah made a Sunnah for them."

Sunni references:
      - Rabeea' al-Abrar, al-Zamakhshari
      - al-Hafidh Jalaluddin al-Suyuti
      again there is no chain for this, moreover they didnt even provide an exact reference, they just named a complete book

Comment

Baladhuri records with an authentic chain

وحدثني إسحاق وبكر بن الهيثم قالا حدثنا عبد الرزاق بن همام انبأنا معمر عن ابن طاوس عن أبيه عن عبد الله بن عمرو بن العاص قال: كنت عند النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال: يطلع عليكم من هذا الفج رجل يموت على غير ملتي، قال: وكنت تركت أبي قد وضع له وضوء، فكنت كحابس البول مخافة أن يجيء، قال: فطلع معاوية فقال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم : هو هذا

Ishaq and Bakr bin Haytham from Abdurazaq bin Hamam from Mu'amar from Ibn Taous from Taous bin Kisan from Abdullah Ibn Amr ibn Al-'as who stated: 'I was sitting with the Prophet of Allah [s] when He [s] said: 'A man will come out of this mountain pass, who will die and he will be outside my nation (Islam)'. I had left behind my father there for wudhu, and I feared, as if holding back my urine, that he would be the one to come, but Mu'awiyah came out. The Prophet [s] said: 'He is the one'.
        Ansab al-Ashraf, Volume 2 page 120
        http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9529

Comment

A very useful book about Hazrat Muawiyah (may Allah be pleased with him) in Urdu, in which many of the allegations against him are refuted by Muhammad Taqi Uthmani.

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

This book about Ameer Muawiyah (may Allah be pleased with him) in English will also be a good read about his virtues inshaAllah. Click Here
          Devil's Deception of the Shia Cult
          http://shiacult.wordpress.com

Graveyard for Shia Cult
          http://islamic-forum.net

Defending Sunnah
          http://dsunnah.com

Comment

The Allegations that Muawiya (may Allah be pleased with him) used to curse Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) from his pulpit and their refutation. In urdu, from the book of Mufti Taqi Uthmani, Ameer Muawiya aur tarikhi haqaiq.

Click here to download, 3mb

Graveyard for Shia Cult

Defending Sunnah

Comment

The Shias said:

Quote:
              Mu'awiya 'the Hadi' made decisions that contradicted the Shar'ia on inheritance

Ibn Kathir in his esteemed work Al-Bidayah (Urdu), vol 8 page 989-990 (Nafees Academy Karachi) while recording the 'merits' of Muawiya bin Hinda, records:

The Sunnah is that that neither could a kaafir inherit from a Muslim, nor a Muslim inherit from a kaafir. The first person to allow a Muslim to inherit from Kafir, whilst Kafir could not inherit from a Muslim was Muawiya, and Bani Umaya did the same after him till Umar bin Abdulaziz came and revived the Sunnah, but then Hisham returned back to what Mu'awiya and Bani Umatya used to do.

Al Bidayah (Arabic), Volume 8 page 141
              Al Bidayah (Arabic), Volume 8 page 149

Imam of Ahle Sunnah Ibn Qudamah records in his esteemed work 'Al-Mughni':

"The scholars are unanimous that the non Muslim does not inherit the Muslim, the majority of companions and jurists said: 'The muslim do not inherit the non Muslim'. That is what narrated from Abu bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Usama bin Zaid, Jaber bin Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with them), and so was said by Amro bin Uthman, Arwa, al-Zuheri, Atta, Tawous, al-Hasan, Amro bin Abdulaziz, Amro bin Dinar, al-Thawri, Abu Hanifa and his companions, Malik, Shafeei and the rest of the jurists, and that is what we follow. It is narrated about Amr, Mu'ath and Mu'awiya (may Allah be pleased with them) that they allowed Muslim to inherit the non Muslim, but they didn't allow Non-Muslim to inherit a Muslim"

Al-Mughni, Volume 7 page 166- Kitab al-Faraiz

Mu'awiya's introduction of this practice was an open violation to the teachings of Islam and we read in Sahih al Bukhari Volume 8 hadith number 756 that Rasulullah (s) said, "A Muslim cannot be the heir of a disbeliever, nor can a disbeliever be the heir of a Muslim".
              http://shiacult.wordpress.com/2011/0...-in-shia-cult/

Graveyard for Shia Cult

Defending Sunnah

Comment

Shia quotd this hadeeth
                It has been narrated on the authority of 'Abd al-Rahman b. Abd Rabb al-Ka'ba who said: I entered the mosque when 'Abdullah b. 'Amr b. al-'Aas was sitting in the shade of the Ka'ba and the people had gathered around him. I betook myself to them and sat near him. (Now) Abdullah said: I accompanied the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) on a journey. We halted at a place. Some of us began to set right their tents, others began to compete with one another in shooting, and others began to graze their beasts, when an announcer of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) announced that the people should gather together for prayer, so we gathered around the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He said: It was the duty of every Prophet that has gone before me to guide his followers to what he knew was good for them and warn them against what he knew was bad for them; but this Umma of yours has its days of peace and (security) in the beginning of its career, and in the last phase of its existence it will be afflicted with trials and with things disagreeable to you. (In this phase of the Umma), there will be tremendous trials one after the other, each making the previous one dwindle into insignificance. When they would be afflicted with a trial, the believer would say: This is going to bring about my destruction. When at (the trial) is over, they would be afflicted with another trial, and the believer would say: This surely is going to be my end. Whoever wishes to be delivered from the fire and enter the garden should die with faith in Allah and the Last Day and should treat the people as he wishes to be treated by them. He who swears allegiance to a Caliph should give him the piedge of his hand and the sincerity of his heart (i. e. submit to him both outwardly as well as inwardly). He should obey him to the best of his capacity. If another man comes forward (as a claimant to Caliphate), disputing his authority, they (the Muslims) should behead the latter. The narrator says: I came close to him ('Abdullah b. 'Amr b. al-'As) and said to him: Can you say on oath that you heard it from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)!? He pointed with his hands to his ears and his heart and said: My ears heard it and my mind retained it. I said to him: This cousin of yours, Mu'awiya, orders us to unjustly consume our wealth among ourselves and to kill one another, while Allah says:" O ye who believe, do not consume your wealth among yourselves unjustly, unless it be trade based on mutual agreement, and do not kill yourselves. Verily, God is Merciful to you" (iv. 29). The narrator says that (hearing this) Abdullah b. 'Amr b. al-As kept quiet for a while and then said: Obey him in so far as he is obedient to God; and disobey him in matters involving disobedience to God. (Sahih Muslim - Book #020, Hadith #4546)
                This Hadith firstly refutes the Shia theory of divine appointment and Imamah, it is talking about the average Caliphate, al-Nawawi (rah) said in "Sharh al-Nawawi `ala Muslim" 12/476:

المقصود بهذا الكلام أن القائل لما سمع كلام عبد الله بن عمرو، وذكر الحديث في تحريم منازعة الخليفة الأول، وأن الثاني يقتل، فاعتقد هذا القائل هذا الوصف في معاوية لمنازعته علياً رضي الله عنه، وكانت قد سبقت بيعة علي فرأى هذا أن نفقة معاوية على أجناده وأتباعه في حرب علي ومنازعته ومقاتلته إياه من أكل المال بالباطل، ومن قتل النفس، لأنه قتال بغير حق، فلا يستحق أحد مالا في مقاتلته.
                [What is meant here is that when the listener heard the words of `Abdullah ibn `Amro ibn al-`Aas (ra) about the prohibition of fighting for the Caliphate of the current Caliph and that the one who fights the Caliph and claims it for himself is to be killed, he thought that this would apply to Mu`awiyah (ra) in his conflict with `Ali (ra) because the latter received his Bay`ah first, so he saw that the money that Mu`awiyah (ra) spent on his troops and followers during the war is like unjustly consuming the wealth and their fighting is like killing one another because they were not upon truth, so none of them deserve money for fighting.]

Comment

Salam is it possible that somebody could provide the translation of the arabic. It might be a little tedious.

Comment

Working...
                  X