Sharh As-Sunnah of Al-Barbahari

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To chitownmuslim:

Ibn Abee Ya'laa not only 'mentioned' in Tabaqaatul Hanaabilah that Imaam al-Barbahaaree authored a book which he called "Sharh As-Sunnah", but also mentioned a big part of the text.

As you are a great verifier, as understood from your post, why don't you check and verify the text given by Ibn Abee Ya'laa in his Tabaqaat ?

Comment

Further, there are atleast two tahqeeqs:
      one by Saeed ibn Ali ibn Wahf al-Qahtaanee,
      another by Khaalid ibn Qaasim ar-Radaadee.

Why are you rushing into conclusions/accusations, before finding about and going through other tahqeeqs?

Comment

To chitownmuslim:

Are you Ash'aree in aqeedah?

If yes,
        then, are you in
        earlier Ash'aree (i.e. kullaabee) aqeedah,
        or, are you in
        later Ash'aree (i.e., hanbalee/ahlus sunnah wal jamaa'ah/atharee) aqeedah?

Comment

Originally posted by jalalsalafi View Post
          To chitownmuslim:

Are you Ash'aree in aqeedah?

If yes,
          then, are you in
          earlier Ash'aree (i.e. kullaabee) aqeedah,
          or, are you in
          Im a Ash'ari who follows the tariqa of Ahlul Hadith (Bayhaqi, Nawawi, Ibn Hajar, Suyuti, etc)

Comment

There is only one tareeqah of ahlul hadeeth. The tareeqah of Maalik, Shaafi'i, Ahmad ibn Hanbal and other imaams like them. In this, they were preceded by taabieen and sahaabah.

Comment

Originally posted by jalalsalafi View Post
              There is only one tareeqah of ahlul hadeeth. The tareeqah of Maalik, Shaafi'i, Ahmad ibn Hanbal and other imaams like them. In this, they were preceded by taabieen and sahaabah.
              yes they are no doubt the highest of our Imams and we refer to their words and positions.. I mentioned the later imams like Nawawi, Bayhaqi, Ibn Asakir, etc because they expanded in detail and explained the positions of the Earlier Imams (radiya Allahu Anhum)

Comment

And succeeded by the imaams al-Bukhaaree, Muslim, AbiDaawood, at-Tirmidhee, an-Nasaa'ee, Ibn Maajah and their likes. Whoever contradicts the Sahaabah and their followers are in error, whoever they may be.

Comment

Abul Hasan al-Ash'aree was a Kullaabee, then he realised his error, changed his aqeedah and became a sunni/ atharee/ hanbalee.

If you are a follower of al-Ash'aree, then tell us boldly
                  whether you are
                  in a earlier Ash'aree (i.e. kullaabee) aqeedah,
                  or, in

Don't hide behind the mistakes of those noble imaams.
                  Don't try to evade.

Dead people can't correct their mistakes, but living people like you can, inshaa'Allaah!

Yes, you can!

inshaa' Allaah.

Comment

To chitownmuslim
                    to every muslim

To err is human;
                    to correct it is eemaan!

abandon being an ash'aree;
                    instead become an atharee!

In aqeedah, become a hanbalee;
                    inshaa'Allaah, you may become Allaah's walee!

Comment

Originally posted by chitownmuslim View Post
                      yes they are no doubt the highest of our Imams and we refer to their words and positions..
                      Although he is on record as differing with 'Imaam 'Ahmad when it suits him....

This guy does more taqeeyah than the Raafidhee Shee'ah...be careful...

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Najm Muhammad View Post

I didnt say that, this is tadlis.. I said we are upon the same aqidah of Imam Ahmad (raa) but differ with him on a few issues; which are minor issues where ikhtilaf is permissable.. Imam Ahmad is definitely our Imam, alhamdulillah

Comment

Imam Ahmad (raa) permitted tawassul through the Prophet (pbuh) as his student Al-Marwazi has transmitted, do you agree with Imam Ahmad or no?

Comment

Depends on the form of Tawassul- though I do not denigrate those who perform the acceptable form of it, I myself do not practice it...

By the way- tadlees? Are we narrators in a chain...? Was what I said wrong without your 'Ta'weel'...?

Am I committing tadlees by presenting your best side here with this quote from you:

Originally posted by Chitown
                            Anyone who believes that Allah (swt) is up above "bi dhaatihi" on His Throne "bi dhaatihi", has fallen into anthropomorphism, tajsim..
                            http://forums.islamicawakening.com/s...t=22796&page=9

After you just declared many of the 'Ulamaa' of the Hanaabilah as kuffaar, then you want me to accept anything you say....?

Comment

1) dont attribute the book to Imam Barbahari
                              2) dont use the book since it is written by a fabricator
                              3) you call yourselves 'Ahlul Hadith', yet rely on a book which is written by a liar
                              4) use other books and drop this book, since you have other sources
                              5) chill out with all the bashing of Ash'aris because some of them mention the Athar of Sayyiduna Ali (raa).
                              6) chill out with all the Ashari/Sufi bashing threads you have
                              typical stalinist mutazilite theological tyranny

Nameless Heretic,

Are you calling into question the authorship in order to admit al-Barbahaaree back into the fold of Islam....?
                              double lol

Im a Ash'ari who follows the tariqa of Ahlul Hadith (Bayhaqi, Nawawi, Ibn Hajar, Suyuti, etc)
                              what a spinless heretic

even when we say ahlul-jhadeeth, we won't reference 5th 6th and th or 10th century aimah unless it is preceded with those figures who are the asl of ahlul-hadeethISM

yes they are no doubt the highest of our Imams and we refer to their words and positions.. I mentioned the later imams like Nawawi, Bayhaqi, Ibn Asakir, etc because they expanded in detail and explained the positions of the Earlier Imams (radiya Allahu Anhum)
                              wrong you stupid heretic

they are not the ones who codified the creed of ahlul-hadeeth you moron. Im tired of your no shame satanic deception to the muslims that they were the codifiers of the islamic creed. WRONG

those who cofidied the creed were the likes of Haafidh al-Laalikaa'ee, Haafidh Ibn Abdul-Barr, Shaykhul-Islam al-Ansaaree. Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Qudamah. Actually the codification process was in two part dimwit. the first phase who were the representation of the salaf and they were all the hufaadh of the six books as all of them explained the issues of creed and laid down the asl of our madhaab. The second phase are those shiyookh I listed above who came after the salaf.

We don't even affirm such grandeur for Ibn taymiyyah which is reflected when the shaykh of Wasit told him to make a tract on creed, and the initial reply of Allah's servant and the peoples shaykhs was "there are already plenty of other creeds available"

I didnt say that, this is tadlis.. I said we are upon the same aqidah of Imam Ahmad (raa) but differ with him on a few issues; which are minor issues where ikhtilaf is permissable.. Imam Ahmad is definitely our Imam, alhamdulillah
                              can you explain to us how can such a paradox can take place considering the nature of our polemic is regarding Allah.

Imam Ahmad (raa) permitted tawassul through the Prophet (pbuh) as his student Al-Marwazi has transmitted, do you agree with Imam Ahmad or no?

that was an acceptable fiqh opinion which didn;t harm the aqida in that time. Had Ahmad witnessed the shirk yall do in his students name (al-Jilaanee), we would already know how his ruling would have change as part of issuing verdicts takes into account the nature of the times.

Listen CHIT

your on record for having said what Abu Najm pointed out

Anyone who believes that Allah (swt) is up above "bi dhaatihi" on His Throne "bi dhaatihi", has fallen into anthropomorphism, tajsim..
                              i.e.
                              Ahmad bin Hanbal (and by that account all the hufaadh of hadeeth along with all of those who came before him)
                              Ibn Abi Zayd who literally stated the term to clarify the dhaahir meaning of the ayaah to you numbskulls
                              Ibn Abi Shaybah who your mushrik Imaam, Kawthari al-Jahmi called a pagan.
                              ابو نعيمة علي البريكي

"I have debated with the Ash'aris
                              and it has become clear to me that they believe that Allah does not exist"

May Allah hasten the Muslims back to the path
                              that granted victory to them before.

http://islamthought.wordpress.com/

http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/

Comment

It seems mister Chit was exposed to have c/ped the argument from the 'Arabic multaqa and the argument is invalid since he omitted important details about how much of the text was preserved by Abu Ya'la (so he fell back on asking for isnaad again). His intellectual dishonesty was exposed on several counts, and it's to be expected that he's simply a troll looking to argue - may Allah (swt) give us all hidaya and may Allah (swt) continue to expose and humiliate ahlul bid'a...

Imaam (rah) allowed it by the formula to the effect of, "I beseech you (Allah) by (tawassul) the honor of..." This is different from your, "Ya Rasulallah", "Ya Muhammad", etc. And even though usually when I meet people who do this (I honestly saw nothing wrong with it if it was done with proper aqeedah like in poetry or something) they explained "well we are just asking that they pray for us" - but it turns out your party lied on that matter. I'm afraid your ilk don't even do it with the proper aqeedah:

The messengers, Prophets and the Awliyā have [the ability to] assist after their death because the miracles of the Prophets and Awliyā are not severed following their death. As for the Prophets, then they are alive in their graves praying and doing hajj as it has come in the reports. So assistance from them will be a miracle on their behalf; and the martyrs are also alive, and have been seen, openly killing the kuffār.
                                http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=327848

So don't try and spoil the name of Imaam (rah) to support the sins and filthy beliefs you made up after him (rah).

who follows the tariqa
                                I don't believe that the method of those mashaykh (rah) was to indulge in the deceptiveness you participated in, not just in copying this rubbish in spite of the refutation, but also in the method in which you tried to collect information for this task. You clearly need help because apparently Islaam is nothing more than argument to you, wassalaam.

Comment

Working...
                                X