timing 'isha prayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

Jazakom Allahu khayra, point one is clear. Although one small thing, one third of the night is less then half of it? I mean if you pray it in the first 1/3 you still prayed before midnight.

However I do not have sahih Muslim at home so I resorted to it online, and the only one I found on the authority of 'Aisha radiallahu 'anha (that sort of fits your description) is this:

'A'isha. the wife of the Prophet of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam), reported: The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) deferred one night the 'Isya' prayer. And this is called 'Atama. And the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) did not come out till Umar b. Khattab told (him) that the women and children had gone to sleep. So the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) came out towards them and said to the people of the mosque: None except you from the people of the earth waits for it (for the night prayer at this late hour), and it was before Islam had spread amongst people. And in the narration transmitted by Ibn Shihab the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) is reported to have said: It is not meant that you should compel the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) for prayer. And (this he said) when 'Umar b. Khattab called (the Prophet) in a loud voice.
    Is that the one you were thinking? Also if you could mention a fiqh book ( in arabic is fine insha'Allah) which discusses this in detail, wa barak Allahu feekom. Sorry for to many questions.
    Ibn Mas'ud –(radiallaahu 'anhu) – would advise his students, "If your intention is one of these three, do not seek knowledge: To shame the ignorant, or to argue with the Fuqahaa' (scholars), or to cause people to turn their faces in your direction. Intend with your actions and words that which is with Allaah, for indeed that which is with Allaah shall remain and everything else shall perish".

Comment

I was understanding your words from one perspective only but after thinking about the "third of the night" versus " midnight" I get it perfectly now walhamdullillah. Jazakom Allahu khayra, matter resolved. Mentioning the fiqh book would still be most welcome insha'Allah.
      Ibn Mas'ud –(radiallaahu 'anhu) – would advise his students, "If your intention is one of these three, do not seek knowledge: To shame the ignorant, or to argue with the Fuqahaa' (scholars), or to cause people to turn their faces in your direction. Intend with your actions and words that which is with Allaah, for indeed that which is with Allaah shall remain and everything else shall perish".

Comment

I have two time tables. Maghrib of first one starts on 6:57. On the second one, it starts on 6:46, ....close. I follow the second one for Magrib because the other one, it gets too dark at 6:57, so it becomes obvious. However, I follow the first one for all the other prayers. Should I follow only the second one as it seems it is correct based on Maghrib issue.

The thing is, the second one doesn't seem right for the rest of the prayers. The first one has fajer earlier too.

Comment

Time Limit For The ‘Isha’ Prayer

Al-Albani has a detailed fatwa as to the latest time to pray Isha'. if I can find it, I'll post it here insha Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman bin khaled View Post

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

My respected sister.

Majority of Scholars say that I'shaa "should" be prayed before mid night and they call it the permissible prefered time to pray while after that it is left for those with excuses. Nevertheless, praying at that time is correct but it is disliked for those who do not have valid excuses to delay it to that time.

The correct view that I'shaa time expires at the onset of Fajr based on the Hadeeth:"Neglecting the Salat is not when someone miss it due sleeping but it is when it is neglected until the time of the Salaat expires until the time of the next Salaat begins"

Wallahu A'lam
            Jazaakh'Allaah Khayr

How do you work out when it is Midnight ?

Comment

Calculate the time from the onset of Maghrib to the onset of Fajir then divide that by 2.

Originally posted by Musaafira View Post
              How do you work out when it is Midnight ?
              Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
              [Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.

Comment

Calculate the time from the onset of Maghrib to the onset of Fajir then divide that by 2.
                Jazaakh'Allaah Khayr,

So Fajr here in UK is 6.00 and Magrib at 16.00, so then Midnight works out to be 23.30, Is that correct Sheykh?

Comment

midnight is half way between maghrib and the beginning of fajr. so if maghrib is at 8pm and fajr is at 6am (that's 10 hours, 10 divided by 2 = 5, 8pm + 5 hours = 1am), therefore midnight is 1am

Comment

Originally posted by Musaafira View Post
                    Jazaakh'Allaah Khayr,

So Fajr here in UK is 6.00 and Magrib at 16.00, so then Midnight works out to be 23.30, Is that correct Sheykh?
                    from maghrib to fajr is 14 hours, half of 14 is 7 hours, 16.00 plus 7 hours = 23.00. so midnight in UK is 23.00

Comment

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم والصلاة والسلام على خير المرسلين

It is documenetd in the Sahih that Allah';s Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "Neglecting the Salat is not when someone miss it due sleeping but it is when it is neglected until the time of the Salaat expires until the time of the next Salaat begins"

Based on this Hadeeth, scholars declared that each Salat expires only upon the entering of the next Salaat time except Fajr Salaat. The exception was made based on two Hadeeths that are documented in the Sahih books: Ibn Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: " As long as sun did not rise then it is the time of Salaatu Al-Fajr" and "whoever managed to pray one raka'a of Fajr before sunrise then he prayed Fajir". In addition, this is a matter of Ijma'a amongst scholars.

Ishaa, however has one hadeeth that refer to its time, which is documented in the Sahih as well, that is: "The time of Ishaa is up to midnight". However, scholars understood this Hadeeth that it refers to the preferability time while the time that comes after until Fajr is left for those who have valid excuses based on the hadeeth of ibn Umar that was previously mentioned.

Yet, one might ask why this hadeeth is not understood similarly like the Hadeeths of fajir.

The answer is because the following:

1. Fajr time has Ijmaa on it whereas Ishaa has not

2. It was reported in authentic Hadeeth that Allah's Messenger said exact word of the Hadeeth "Ishaa time is up to misnight" but with another timing that is "third of the night".

3.It was proven that he - صلى الله علهي وسلم - prayed Ishaa at midnight time, which showed his hadeeth was indicating the preferability time since although the hadeeth said " up to one third of time" but he still prayed after that set time.

I hope this can be a clear explanation, inshallah.

Barak Allahu feekum

Akhi Ayman I have been trying to search point 2 for a while now. Are you able to provide the reference for the hadith that says 1/3 of the night?
                      Jzkk!

Comment

It is in Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.

The Arabic text of the Hadeeth is: صلوا فيما بين أن يغيب الشفق إلى ثلث الليل

Originally posted by AbuMuthanna View Post
                        Akhi Ayman I have been trying to search point 2 for a while now. Are you able to provide the reference for the hadith that says 1/3 of the night?
                        Jzkk!
                        Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
                        [Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.

Comment

It is in Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.

The Arabic text of the Hadeeth is: صلوا فيما بين أن يغيب الشفق إلى ثلث الليل

JazakaAllaah khair Ya Shaykh!

Do continue in spreading khair and teaching so many of us. Allaah elevate your status!

Comment

SALAH is the daily ritual prayer enjoined upon all Muslims as one of the five Pillars of Islam. It is performed five times a day by all Muslims. http://prayertimes.dawateislami.net/pk/lahore/866532

Comment

Working...
                            X