No announcement yet.

Fiqh of combining prayer during rain...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiqh of combining prayer during rain...

Originally posted by Fiqh As Sunnah
    Volume 2, Page 117: Combining two prayers during rain

Al-Athram records in his Sunnan that Abu Salamah ibn 'Abdurrahman said: "It is a sunnah to combine the maghrib and 'isha prayers when it is raining." Al-Bukhari records that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam combined the maghrib and 'isha prayers on a rainy night.

A summary of the opinions of the different schools of fiqh on this point follows:

The Shaf'i school says that it is allowed for the resident to combine the zuhr and 'asr or the maghrib and 'isha, praying each pair in the time of the earlier salah only, given that it is raining when one begins the earlier prayer and it is still raining by the time one begins the second prayer.

According to the Maliki school, it is allowed to combine the maghrib and 'isha in the mosque at the time of the maghrib due to rain or expected rain, if there is mud and darkness along the way, or if there is a lot of mud and it prevents the people from wearing their shoes. Nevertheless, he dislikes that the zuhr and 'asr should be combined due to rain.

According to the Hanbali school, it is only allowed to combine the maghrib and 'isha in the time of the former or the latter due to snow, ice, mud, severe cold, or rain which soaks the clothes. This concession is allowed only for one who prays with a congregation in the mosque and who comes from a distance over which he could be harmed by the rain. However, for one who prays in a congregation in his house or whose path to the mosque is covered or protected, or for one whose house is right next to the mosque, it is not allowed to combine the salah.
    • Which one is strongest?
    • Do we take the Dhahir approach to the hadith and just pray anytime it rains?
      Does it have to be heavy rain? or can be light rain as well?
      It has been raining light/heavy on/off for a week where I live, does this count if it is the norm?
    • Is this only applicable to one who is praying in Jama'a at the Masjid? (vs combining in the luxury of one's home)?

Originally posted by Yusuf Khan View Post
    • Which one is strongest?
    Not to combine Tadeeman at all.

Do we take the Dhahir approach to the hadith and just pray anytime it rains?

Scholars refer to rain that make people's clothes wet. Sh bin Uthimeen as I recall said: "wetness mean that when you squeeze your clothes water comes out of it"

Does it have to be heavy rain? or can be light rain as well?
    Answered above

It has been raining light/heavy on/off for a week where I live, does this count if it is the norm?
    You act based on the current situation not on the expected one.

Is this only applicable to one who is praying in Jama'a at the Masjid? (vs combining in the luxury of one's home)?
    Schoalrs who permitted it, only allowed it when it is prayed in masjid.

Wallahu A'lam
    Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
    [Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman bin khaled View Post
      Not to combine Tadeeman at all.
      This is interesting...how so? (when viewing the narration in Bukhari above?) If it's too complex and over my head I understand, just curious...

You act based on the current situation not on the expected one.
      Could you please explain this a little bit more?

JAZAKALLHUKHAIR for your fast response!

Comment

Originally posted by Yusuf Khan View Post
        This is interesting...how so? (when viewing the narration in Bukhari above?) If it's too complex and over my head I understand, just curious...
        This is very lentghy topic that I ahve no time to explain. However, you can rest assured that the majority view that it is allowed in case you follow that view.

Could you please explain this a little bit more?

JAZAKALLHUKHAIR for your fast response!
        One of the conditions according to scholars who accept combining Taqdeeman is that rain is to be heavy at the time you start the first Takbeer of Ihraam of the first Salah and at the time of the Takbeer of the Ihraam of the second Salah. So, you have to have such conditions fullfiled so that you can pray that way.

Wallahu A'lam
        Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
        [Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.

Comment

This is very lentghy topic that I ahve no time to explain. However, you can rest assured that the majority view that it is allowed in case you follow that view.

[COLOR=Red][B]

One of the conditions according to scholars who accept combining Taqdeeman is that rain is to be heavy at the time you start the first Takbeer of Ihraam of the first Salah and at the time of the Takbeer of the Ihraam of the second Salah. So, you have to have such conditions fullfiled so that you can pray that way.

Wallahu A'lam
          You the man. JAk.

Comment

Working...
          X