No Muslim who hears of this Hadeeth should neglect it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Muslim who hears of this Hadeeth should neglect it

Imam Al-Bukhari narrated on the authority of ‘Ubaadah bin Assaamit (RAA) that the Messenger of Allah ASWS said:

"من تعار من الليل فقال: لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له له الملك وله الحمد وهو على كل شيء قدير، الحمد لله وسبحان الله ولا إله إلا الله والله أكبر ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله، ثم قال: اللهم اغفر لي، أو دعا استجيب له، فإن توضأ وصلى قبلت صلاته."

“Whoever happens to wake up in the night and says:

Laa Ilaaha Illallaah, wahdahu la shareeka lah, lahul mulku walahulhamd, wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer. Al-hamdulillah, wa Subhanallah, walaa ilaaha illallaah, wallahu akbar, wa laa hawla wala quwwata illa billah,

Then asks for forgiveness, or make Du’a,

Allah will answer him.

Then if he performs Wudu’ and prays, Allah will accept his prayer.”

Ibn Hajar (ra) said: “No Muslim who heard of this Hadeeth should neglect it. He should teach it to his family and act upon it.”
    Always remember … without total fluency in the Arabic language, you can only attain basic Islamic knowledge ... but basic knowledge is the path to advanced knowledge
    haitham_hamdan@hotmail.com

A virtue that many either have not heard of or underestimate it.

Jazakom ALlah khair Sh. Haitham.
    Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
    [Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I remember recently coming across this hadeeth for the first time a few months ago whilst reading shaykh al-Albaanee's Saheeh al-Jaami' and I highlighted it and went ahead and memorized. But I forgot to implement it so know I have to refresh my memory. Barakaallaahu feek.

Comment

i came across this hadeeth but with "allaahumaghfirlee" at the end after laahawlawalaquwwataillaahbillaah. is this addition saheeh or not?

Comment

salam aleikum

Is there any other naration of this hadith that says every time you wake up from sleep at the time of fajar prayer and you say this words .....

not just at the night time .

Comment

salamo aleykom,

Yes, muhaxir raised a point i always wanted to know about, is this restricted to the qiyamol-lail or can it also be said before fajr? BarakAllaho feekom

Comment

BarakAllahu feekum shaykh!!!

Can't wait to implement this piece of knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by fulaan View Post
                i came across this hadeeth but with "allaahumaghfirlee" at the end after laahawlawalaquwwataillaahbillaah. is this addition saheeh or not?
                Bismillâh

the hadîth in Arabic says *Allâhomma-aghfir-lî*. I wonder if the two-rak`ah salât has a specific name.
                Beware of writing something that will be against you on the Day of Judgment. Always ask yourself why am I posting to this particular thread and what if I just do not post, what will happen and what change will it brings forth! Try not to socilize alot with people and focus on improving yourself. Set for yourself a daily portion of dhikr or Quran to do. Do a good deed that no one will ever know about but Allah and save this hidden deed, even if it is small, in hope it will save you from the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Haitham Hamdan View Post
                  Imam Al-Bukhari narrated on the authority of ‘Ubaadah bin Assaamit (RAA) that the Messenger of Allah ASWS said:

"من تعار من الليل فقال: لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له له الملك وله الحمد وهو على كل شيء قدير، الحمد لله وسبحان الله ولا إله إلا الله والله أكبر ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله، ثم قال: اللهم اغفر لي، أو دعا استجيب له، فإن توضأ وصلى قبلت صلاته."

“Whoever happens to wake up in the night and says:

Laa Ilaaha Illallaah, wahdahu la shareeka lah, lahul mulku walahulhamd, wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer. Al-hamdulillah, wa Subhanallah, walaa ilaaha illallaah, wallahu akbar, wa laa hawla wala quwwata illa billah,

Then asks for forgiveness, or make Du’a,

Allah will answer him.

Then if he performs Wudu’ and prays, Allah will accept his prayer.”

Ibn Hajar (ra) said: “No Muslim who heard of this Hadeeth should neglect it. He should teach it to his family and act upon it.”

وَذَكِّرْ فَإِنَّ الذِّكْرَىٰ تَنفَعُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

"And remind, for verily the reminding profits the believers."

Comment

This is from Hisnul Muslim:

2. Laa 'illaha 'illallahu wahdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer Subhaanallahi, walhamdu lillaahi, wa laa 'ilaha 'illallahu, wallaahu 'akbar, wa laa hawla wa laa Quwwata 'illaa billaahil-'Aliyyil-'Adheem, Rabbighfir lee.

There is none worth of worship but Allah alone, Who has no partner, His is the dominion and to Him belongs all praise, and He is able to do all things. Glory is to Allah. Praise is to Allah. There is none worth of worship but Allah. Allah is the Most Great. There is no might and no power except by Allah's leave, the Exalted, the Mighty. My Lord, forgive me.

Reference: Whoever says this will be forgiven, and if he supplicates Allah, his prayer will be answered; if he performs ablution and prays, his prayer will be accepted. Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 3/39, among others. The wording here is from Ibn Majah 2/335.
                    Hanafi Fiqh Mutaqaddimun Movement

Comment

where in bukhari is it

Comment

Originally posted by salam View Post
                        where in bukhari is it
                        Sahih al-Bukhari 1154

http://www.sunnah.com/bukhari/19/35
                        Quran-Errors.com

The Etiquette and Manner of Du'a

Comment

Originally posted by ThatMuslimGuy View Post