Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadith about chains on kafirs' necks

As salamu alaykum.

I hope you're all in good health and iman. Could anyone provide me with the interpretation of this hadith.

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Verse:--"You (true Muslims) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind." means, the best of peoples for the people, as you bring them with chains on their necks till they embrace Islam.
    (Sahih Al-Bukhati, Book 60, hadith 80)

May Allah reward you.

Was salamu-alaykum.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم و الصلاة و السلام على النبي الأمي الأمين

Al-Hafith Ibn Hajar said about this Hadith:

"the best of people for the people refers to people who are the most beneficial to others and the reason behind this is because they were the reason for them to enter islam" [ Fat-h Albari - Sharh saheeh Al-Bukhari]

So as you can see, the Hadith means that Muslims got disbelievers as priosners and they became the resaon behind those priosners to enter Islam.

Wallahu A'lam
    Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
    [Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.

Comment

Thanks brother, jazaak-Allahu khayran.

Comment

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Wa Iyakom inshallah ( smile)
        Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
        [Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.

Comment

This hadith could also be read in light of this one: Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Allah wonders at those people who will enter Paradise in chains." [Bukhari] Imam Zakaria al-Ansari and Imam al-Qastalani in their commentaries on al-Bukhari said that this refers to the prisoners of war who eventually accept Islam, do righteous deeds, and then go to paradise.
          www.call-to-monotheism.com

Comment

Working...
          X