• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted posts..why?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

My beloved brother and respected sisters,

I have recieved many inquiries and messeges inquiring about why some posts are deleted without notifying the poster of the reason. This thread intends to answer this question inshallah:

There are many reasons for which a post or a thread be deleted or closed. The following are some of these cases:

a. Some posts do not abide by the policy of the Multaqa. The policy can be found in the Fiqh section and should be used as a guideline to all members.

b. Some posts include offensive or personal attack against other members, which is also not allowed in the Multaqa even if the one replied to is on different belief.

c. Some posts defame or belittle scholars or known students of knowledge and this is also something that we do not tolerate at all.

d. Political topics as this is place is not set for such topics.

e. Posts that divert the topic of the threads.

f. Exchanged posts that we feel or expect that they will lead to hate, accusations and anger. (We do our best and not we are not always right when it comes to this matter as it is a personal ijtihad)

g. Reported posts by members when such posts turn out to be correctly reported.

h. Posts including personal opinions that are not backed up by statements of people of knowledge.

i. Posts or threads that are irrelevant to the English Speaking Muslim

j. posts in langauges other than English (except posts that include the original text with its english translation).

k. Posts that are related to deleted posts. The reason why delete them even if they are good is so that we do not make anyone look bad and to uproot the problem.

l. posts that may confuse the questioner or other readers (This might happen even if the post include correct statements)

The reason why we no longer send messeges to members is due to our tight time and busyness. Also, because sometimes the reason is too obvious. That said, we ask everyone to bear us with their patience and find us an excuse and give us the benefit of the doubt because everyone can be assured that we do not deal with any post or thread in a personal; manner and hence we request everyone not to take our actions as a personal act.

I would like therefore to ask everyone's help to make this Multaqa better place and increase our level of interpersonal skills and manners while addressing each other even with those who adopt different views than us (This is addressed in particular to those who contribute to the creed section). We may say words that can be offensive without realizing so and I must admit that I was bit harsh with some members in some occasions but my harshness was out of my love and concern for them and because I wanted goodness for them. So, I suggest everyone to remind themselves with the purpose of being on the Multaqa, to learn, improve our manners and be with members who aim for same goals.

Forgive and enjoy the love originated by the Tawheed. For indeed, Tawheed unite us more than other secondary disputes bring us apart.

Jazakom Allah khair for your contribution and I ask Allah to unite us and place us in the shade of His Throne.

Barak Allahu feekum
    Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
    [Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.

Well done ...Ahsant

Bismillah arrahman araheem
    Asalamo alikom
    I have commited most of the above sins and I shall never ask why {admin has to do what admin has to do }
    Well done , Ahsant brother Ayman
    PS : still waiting for your answer about Arabic tuition using this forum
    َاللهم إِني أَعوذ بك أَن أَضِلَّ أَو أُضِلَّ، أو أَزِلَّ أَو أُزِلَّ، أَو أَظْلِمَ أَو أُظْلَم، أَو أَجْهَلَ أَويُجْهلَ عليّ

Comment

agreed

Asalamu alaikoom. Yes. I agree with your moderation on. Post. And. I sincerely. Hope. I never. Offended. Anyone ever Inshallah. Well I come to learn any new things I can from this site. It gives me a way to express I guess. Yes I'm a very sensitive person and leave. This. Site more sad than when I came in here I guess sometimes I don't understand the post and get confused about it. So I am sorry. For. Not being more obediant. I am to blame if I get upset. But. Thanks jazak allah bi khair. For at. Least. Caring. What. The posts. Are. About . And hope. Allah can forgive us if we. Did wrong. Alhamdulehlah irRabil alameen
      BISMILLAHI LADHI LA YADURRU MA ASMIHI SHAY UN FIL ARDI WA LA FIS SAMA. WA HUWAS SAMI UL ALIM.

Comment

Asalamu alaikoom. Let's not forget about those peoples post who speak the truth about daly events in the islamic world. Also be sure to delete those who keep chatting about sick personal issues and perverted mental issues. And the post who you personally hate the topics because people just hate the truth. Only the true traitors post may. Be allowwed. That's why the truth is corrupt in these forums. Don't forget the. Kaffireens postings be sure to allow it and delete muslim posting because. Some moderators don't like the daily events.
        BISMILLAHI LADHI LA YADURRU MA ASMIHI SHAY UN FIL ARDI WA LA FIS SAMA. WA HUWAS SAMI UL ALIM.

Comment

Originally posted by Be Leaf in One View Post
          Asalamu alaikoom. Let's not forget about those peoples post who speak the truth about daly events in the islamic world. Also be sure to delete those who keep chatting about sick personal issues and perverted mental issues. And the post who you personally hate the topics because people just hate the truth. Only the true traitors post may. Be allowwed. That's why the truth is corrupt in these forums. Don't forget the. Kaffireens postings be sure to allow it and delete muslim posting because. Some moderators don't like the daily events.
          wa alaykum assalam

Before you press the "submit reply" button next time, please think about what you have written, because it might be a false accusation against a person or a group of people, or it might be speech without knowledge, or something else that is against Islamic teachings, and it might be a sin.
          And please read the first post in this thread before replying to it.
          Lastly, please remember that we are only human, thus we are not free from making a misjudgement and falling into error when doing our job.

Comment

Shunning is like medicine; it may be used when needed, if it thought most likely that it will be of benefit.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Shunning varies according to the strength or weakness of those who are doing it, and whether they are few or many. The purpose of it is to rebuke and discipline the one who is being shunned, and to put others off from being like him. If that is likely to serve an interest, so that shunning him will weaken and reduce the evil, then it is prescribed, But if neither the one who is being shunned nor anyone else will be deterred by that, rather it will make things worse, and the one who wants to shun him is weak, so that it will do more harm than good, then it is not prescribed to shun, rather softening people’s hearts may be more beneficial in some cases than shunning.

And shunning is more beneficial in some cases then softening hearts. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) softened the hearts of some people and shunned others. End quote from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 28/206.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Some young men – may Allaah guide us and them – are very negligent about prayer, to the extent of neglecting it altogether. These young men may be our relatives such as brothers and the like, and some of them are friends. How should we deal with them in your opinion? Should we shun them as prescribed in Islam or what?

He replied: undoubtedly neglecting prayer is a cause of doom, because if prayer is done properly all one’s deeds will be in order, but if it is not in order, all of one’s deeds will be spoiled. It is like the heart of one's deeds. Hence when the Reckoning comes on the Day of Resurrection, the first thing that will be examined will be one's prayer. If a person neglected it then he is more likely to have neglected other duties, but if he prayed regularly then the rest of his deeds will be examined. And prayer is the pillar (or foundation) of faith; if it falls, the entire structure will collapse. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As‑Salaah (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salaah (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell.

60. Except those who repent and believe (in the Oneness of Allaah and His Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), and work righteousness. Such will enter Paradise and they will not be wronged in aught”

[Maryam 19:59-60].

If people take the matter of prayer lightly, whether they are fathers, sons, brothers, uncles, aunts, other relatives, friends or neighbours, we must advise them, warn them and explain to them what goodness, great reward and good effects there are in prayer, and what evil and doom there is in neglecting it. If they pay heed, this is what we want. If they do not pay heed, then we should look at the matter further. Will shunning them and keeping away from them serve any interest such as making them feel ashamed so that they will repent, or will it only make matters worse and put them off more? If it is the latter, then we should not forsake them. If it is the former, then we should shun them, i.e., if our shunning them will make them feel ashamed and mend their ways, then we should shun them until they mend their ways. But if shunning will not achieve anything, rather it will only make matters worse, then we should not shun them, because shunning is a medicine, and when is medicine used? It is used when needed and when it is thought it will be of benefit. If it is thought that the medicine will not be of benefit, then it should not be used. End quote from Liqa’ al-Baab il-Maftooh (5/209).

Love Each Other - Ibrahim Dremali
            [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgC8_CyzSYw[/YOUTUBE]
            Allah loves the execution of His commands.

When I hurt/attack any of you, it is not because I like oppressing others. It is because of your anti Islamic views. I will attack anyone who likes to oppose Allah and His Messenger for whatever reason. Corrupt people. Shari'ah will never change. I will kiss the Messenger's feet.

Comment

Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmat Allah wa Barakatuh,

I think some of us forgot this rule:
              d. Political topics as this is place is not set for such topics.
              Jazakum Allah khayr Sheikh Ayman, and ukhti Umm Abdullah M for your excellent examples in this multaqa.

ps-sister Be Leaf In One. I was gonna send u a pm on something, but it's somehow disabled. Salam
              SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah, Lailaha illa Allah, Allahu Akbar, La hawl wa la quwat illa billah.
              Allahumma kun ma'a ikhwanina wa akhawatina fee mashariq al arth wa magharibaha!

Comment

Bump...bump
                Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.

Comment

So what is a user to do when their posts were deleted without having fallen into any of the categories above? How can they adjust their posting so as not to have future posts deleted?

My account was activated for less than a day before my posts in a thread were deleted and the thread was closed. I've messaged the moderator of that subforum privately and have sent messages via the "contact us" form, and I did all of that multiple times.

I'm not looking for discussion about my posts themselves; as I said in all of the above mentioned private messages, this is not my forum and I accept that the mods have the right to delete posts as they see fit. I'm just seeking information because I don't know why my posts were deleted. I even mentioned in my private messages that I read this thread and still don't understand, and only want clarification; I don't know how many times I must make clear that I'm not trying to argue about post deletion before anyone official responds to my question.

Really, I shouldn't even have to be writing this message on the forum where others will see it, but I don't know how else to get an answer. This place seems nice and I'd like to contribute in the aqeeda forum, but if I make five posts on the first day of my account's activation and two have already been deleted with zero response from the management of this site, then I'm not sure if I should spend my time reading and contributing here. I'm not the only member of this forum, apparently, who seems to feel that moderation is unbalanced either.

Comment

I think, that is a lot of spam in the posts. So, those have been deleted.

Comment

Salam alaikum. I am not against moder's closing the threads. But is possible at least give brief info on reason, once you closing them?
                      Abu Rumaysa al-Hanafi

Comment

Wa Alaykom Assalam. I have not closed any thread since ages. I think you may would like to pm Sh. Haitham Hamdan about it. Baraka Alalhu feekum

Why Posts Are Deleted?

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman bin khaled View Post
                          a. Some posts do not abide by the policy of the Multaqa. The policy can be found in the Fiqh section and should be used as a guideline to all members.
                          Assalaamu 'Alaikum.
                          I can't find this policy. Can someone link me to the thread?

Comment

Working...
                          X