X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILM AL -RIJAL

ilm al rijal,

assalam alikum.

This is a humble request , I have two questions to the learned and students of knowledge.:-

first:-

When learning rijal (narrators) how or where do you start. Excluding jarh wa tadil aspects. for example do you first learn about all of the sahaba and the tabi and so for or do you learn the narrators of a specific book eg rawis of bukhari then muslim then abu dawood etc. Do learn narrators from the muhaddith to the prophet or do you start with sahab first or do you learn leading narrater eg abu hurrar, ibn masud etc

Second:-
    when learning biography of narrator what things must you know are the any other things that need to know excluding jarh wa tadil eg

full name
    kunnaya/laqab
    date of birth/death
    teachers/students
    parents/children
    place traved

wasslam

Anybody on this forum knows about a Book on Ilm ul Rijal in English language

Comment

Anybody on this forum knows about a Book on Ilm al Rijal in English language

Comment

Not really Akhi ... the only series i know of is Men of Madinah [ if that is considered ilm al rijal ] a translation of Muhammad ibn Sa'd by Aisha Bewley Publisher: Ta-Ha Publishers Ltd in 3 or 4 vols now i think...
        The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:
        Verily,Allaah veils the tawbah from every innovator until he leaves his innovation'' [As Sunnah#37 and Shaykh Al Albaani رحمه الله said, Saheeh ]
        Shaykh al Islam Ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله commented,'' This indicates that the innovator will not repent from his Bid'ah,because he thinks that he is rightly guided.''
        [ Majmu al Fataawa 11/685]

Comment

Hey, My advice is to begin with the transmitters who the majority of transmission revolve around in each generation. I recommend learning about the ones mentioned by 'Ali b.Al-Madini in the beginning of his 'Ilal.

Comment

Working...
          X