Beautiful gems from some our Salaf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful gems from some our Salaf

A messenger from one of the battles came to Ummar ibn alKhattab(when he was khalifa) and gave him the good news of the victory of the Muslims. So Ummar asked him, "When did the fighting begin?" The man said, "Before the forenoon(duhaa')." Ummar then asked , "When was the victory?" So they said, "Before maghreb(sunset)." So Ummar (May Allah be pleased with him) wept so much till his beard was wet. The people said, "O ameer almu'mineen! We give you the good news of victory and you weep?" He (radiyaAllahu anhu) said, "By Allah, truly falsehood cannot resist before the truth for this long period(of duhaa' till maghreb) except because of a sin you committed or because of a sin I committed." He added, "We are a ummah who are not given victory due to numbers and preparation but we are given victory due to the smallness of our sin and the great amount of sinning of the enemy, so if the sins (from both sides, the camp of Islam and the camp of kufr) are equal (same), they will be given victory over us with their numbers and preparation."

Ummar ibn AbdulAzeez :

"Nothing benefits the heart except what comes from the heart."(ie emaan, sincerity,)

Abdullah ibn al Mubarak would say: "Manners were almost going to be 1/3 of the deen."

Malik ibn Anas: "Whoever wishes to be saved from the pains of death and the horrors of the Day of Resurrection, then let his deeds be more in private(secret) than in public." (ie: let him be sincere in his actions , for Allah swt)

Abu Sulayman AlDaaraani: "Whoever becomes busy with himself becomes becomes busy from others." (look at your faults and become busy in fixing yourself before pointing fingers at others)

Source: A facebook page: أقوال من تراث سلفنا الصالح https://www.facebook.com/torathsalfn...ocation=stream
    وَلَقَدْ صَرَّفْنَا لِلنَّاسِ فِي هَذَا الْقُرْآنِ مِن كُلِّ مَثَلٍ فَأَبَى أَكْثَرُ النَّاسِ إِلاَّ كُفُورًا

And indeed We have fully explained to mankind, in this Qur'an, every kind of similitude, but most mankind refuse (the truth and accept nothing) but disbelief. (al Israa :89)

أحب الصالحين ولست منهم *** وأرجو أن أنال بهم شفاعة
    وأكره من تجارته المعاصي *** وإن كنا سواء في البضاعة

Jazakillah khair ukhti for sharing.
    "and the best speech is the Speech of Allah, and the best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad (sallallhu alahi wa-sallam), and the worst of all affairs are the newly invented matters (in the religion)"
    [Saheeh Muslim]

Comment

Wa iyaak.

Assalamu alaykum

Other gems In sha Allah..

Abdullah ibn 'Amr said:

Leave what does not concern you and do not utter or speak what does not concern you and keep your tongue(hold it) as you keep yo
      وَلَقَدْ صَرَّفْنَا لِلنَّاسِ فِي هَذَا الْقُرْآنِ مِن كُلِّ مَثَلٍ فَأَبَى أَكْثَرُ النَّاسِ إِلاَّ كُفُورًا

And indeed We have fully explained to mankind, in this Qur'an, every kind of similitude, but most mankind refuse (the truth and accept nothing) but disbelief. (al Israa :89)

Comment

CORRECTION: Wa iyaak.

Assalamu alaykum

Other gems In sha Allah..

Abdullah ibn 'Amr said:

Leave what does not concern you and do not utter or speak what does not concern you and keep your tongue(hold it) as you keep your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Muslim View Post
          A messenger from one of the battles came to Ummar ibn alKhattab(when he was khalifa) and gave him the good news of the victory of the Muslims. So Ummar asked him, "When did the fighting begin?" The man said, "Before the forenoon(duhaa')." Ummar then asked , "When was the victory?" So they said, "Before maghreb(sunset)." So Ummar (May Allah be pleased with him) wept so much till his beard was wet. The people said, "O ameer almu'mineen! We give you the good news of victory and you weep?" He (radiyaAllahu anhu) said, "By Allah, truly falsehood cannot resist before the truth for this long period(of duhaa' till maghreb) except because of a sin you committed or because of a sin I committed." He added, "We are a ummah who are not given victory due to numbers and preparation but we are given victory due to the smallness of our sin and the great amount of sinning of the enemy, so if the sins (from both sides, the camp of Islam and the camp of kufr) are equal (same), they will be given victory over us with their numbers and preparation."
          Barakah Allah feekum for sharing

Very beautiful indeed, May Allah be well-pleased with Amir al-Mu'mineen Umar and the companions altogether

Comment

Abdullaah bin Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) heard a person saying,

أَيْنَ الزَّاهِدُونَ فِي الدُّنْيَا الرَّاغِبُونَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ؟

"Where are the people who have no concern for this world and look forward to the Aakhirah?"

فَأَرَاهُ قَبْرَ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَأَبِي بَكْرٍ وَعُمَرَ، فَقَالَ: «عَنْ هَؤُلَاءِ تَسْأَلُ»

Abdullaah bin Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) took the person to the graves of the Prophet (peace be upon him), Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) and Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) and asked him,

"Were you asking about these personalities?"

- Quoted by Abu Nu'aym al-Isfahani in Hilyatul Awliyaa, 1/306

Shamela link: http://shamela.ws/browse.php/book-10...479#page-10248

Note: The narrators in the chain of this narration are thiqa according to the jarh wa taa'deel books available on internet. Wallaahu Aa'lam

Comment

Abu Wa’il narrated that Abdullah ibn Mas'ood once heard a person saying,

"Where are the people who have no concern for this world and look forward to the Aakhirah?"

أَيْنَ الزَّاهِدُونَ فِي الدُّنْيَا، الرَّاغِبُونَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ؟

Abdullah ibn Mas'ood said to him,

أُولَئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الْجَابِيَةِ، اشْتَرَطَ خَمْسُمِائَةٍ مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ أَنْ لَا يَرْجِعُوا حَتَّى يُقْتَلُوا، فَحَلَقُوا رُءُوسَهُمْ وَلَقُوا الْعَدُوَّ فَقُتِلُوا إِلَّا مُخْبِرٌ عَنْهُمْ "

"They are the people of Jaabiya. They were five hundred Muslim men who pledged that they would be martyred in battle and not return home. They shaved off their hair, fought the enemy and were all martyred besides one person who survived and informed about them."

- Quoted by Abu Nu'aym al-Isfahani in Hilyatul Awliyaa, 1/135

Jaabiya is a place in Syria where Muslim army fought the Roman army during the caliphate of Umar ibn Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him).

Shamela link: http://shamela.ws/browse.php/book-10495#page-479

Comment

Aqeel bin Abi Taalib narrated:

When members of the Quraysh approached Abu Taalib (and told him about Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, and his preaching)

Abu Taalib said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), "O son of my brother! By Allah! As you well know, 1 have always listened to what you have to say. Your people have come to me to complain that in their gatherings and at the Kaa'bah you tell them things that hurt them. If you think it appropriate, you should stop doing this."

Looking towards the heavens, Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) replied,

"I DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO STOP DOING WHAT I HAVE BEEN SENT TO DO JUST AS ANY OF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO GRAB HOLD OF A SPARK OF FIRE FROM THE SUN."

- Narrated by Nur al-Din 'Ali ibn Abi Bakr ibn Sulayman, Abu al-Hasan al-Haythami in his Majma' al-Zawa'id wa Manba' al-Fawa'id, no. 9809 and attributed this narration to Imam Tabarani and Abu Ya'la and said that the narrators in the chain of Abu Ya'la are trustworthy; Ibn Taymiyyah in al-Jawab al-Sahih 5/363

http://library.islamweb.net/newlibra..._no=87&ID=2050

Comment

A man came to 'Ali (Allah be pleased with him) and asked,

مَا تَرَى فِي رَجُلٍ أَذْنَبَ ذَنْبًا قَالَ : " يَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ وَيَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ " , قَالَ : قَدْ فَعَلَ , ثُمَّ عَادَ , قَالَ : " يَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ وَيَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ , قَالَ : قَدْ فَعَلَ , ثُمَّ عَادَ , قَالَ : " يَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ , ثُمَّ يَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ " , فَقَالَ لَهُ فِي الرَّابِعَةِ : قَدْ فَعَلَ , ثُمَّ عَادَ , فَقَالَ عَلِيٌّ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ : " حَتَّى مَتَى " ، ثُمَّ قَالَ : " يَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ وَيَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ وَلا يَمَلُّ حَتَّى يَكُونَ الشَّيْطَانُ هُوَ الْمَحْسُورُ "

What do you think about a man who committed a sin? He replied, He must seek Allah’s forgiveness and repent to Him.

[The man] said, He did that, but then sinned again? [Ali] said,He must seek Allah’s forgiveness and repent to Him.

The man again said, He did that, but returned to sin. [Ali] said, He must seek Allah’s forgiveness and repent to Him.

The man said for the fourth time, He did, but then sinned again.ʿAli then said, Until when? Then he said, He must seek Allah’s forgiveness and repent to Him; and not give up until it is Shaytan who is defeated [overcome].

- Narrated by Hannad bin Al-Saari in Kitab Al-Zuhd, no. 911

http://library.islamweb.net/hadith/d...=63061&hid=911

Comment

Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) said:

يا أيها الناس إياكم والكذب فإن الكذب مجانب للإيمان

O people, beware of lying, for lying is contrary to faith.

- Musnad Ahmad, no.16; Isnaad classed as saheeh by Shu'aib Arnaut in his tahqeeq of Musnad; Isnaad classed as saheeh by Ahmad Shakir 1/31

Comment

The prophet (peace be upon him) said:

اتق المحارم تكن أعبد الناس وارض بما قسم الله لك تكن أغنى الناس وأحسن إلى جارك تكن مؤمنا وأحب للناس ما تحب لنفسك تكن مسلما ولا تكثر الضحك فإن كثرة الضحك تميت القلب

"Beware of that which is forbidden and you will be the best worshipper among the people, and be pleased with your share of what Allah has given and you will be the most self-sufficient of the people, and be good to your neighbor and you will be a believer, and love for the people what you love for yourself and you will be a Muslim, and do not laugh too much for too much laughing deadens the heart."

- Saheeh al-Jaami as-Sagheer wa Ziyaadatuh of Shaykh Albani, no. 100

http://shamela.ws/browse.php/book-10757#page-20

Comment

'Ali ibn Abi Talib said, "The person who says something indecent and the person who makes it known are equal as far as the wrong action is concerned."

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدٍ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا وَهْبُ بْنُ جَرِيرٍ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي قَالَ‏:‏ سَمِعْتُ يَحْيَى بْنَ أَيُّوبَ، عَنْ يَزِيدَ بْنِ أَبِي حَبِيبٍ، عَنْ مَرْثَدِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللهِ، عَنْ حَسَّانَ بْنِ كُرَيْبٍ، عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ‏:‏ الْقَائِلُ الْفَاحِشَةَ، وَالَّذِي يُشِيعُ بِهَا، فِي الإِثْمِ سَوَاءٌ‏.‏

Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 324 Grade: Hasan (Al-Albani)
                        Quran-Errors.com

The Etiquette and Manner of Du'a

Comment

The prophet (peace be upon him) said:

ادعوا الله وأنتم موقنون بالإجابة واعلموا أن الله لا يستجيب دعاء من قلب غافل لاه

"Supplicate to Allāh while you are certain that He will answer you, and know that Allāh does not answer supplication from a heart that is heedless of Him."

- Saheeh al-Jaami as-Sagheer wa Ziyaadatuh of Shaykh Albani, no. 245

Comment

Abdullaah bin Umar narrated that some members of the Quraysh once gathered to discuss about Prophet (peace be upon him) as Prophet (peace be upon him) sat in the Masjid (the Masjid al-Haram in Makkah). Utba bin Rabee'ah said to the rest,

"Leave me to speak to him for I shall perhaps be softer on him than the rest of you." Saying this, Utba stood up and sat by the Prophet (peace be upon him). He then said, "0 my nephew! I have no doubts that you are certainly from the best family and enjoy the most honor from all of us. However, you have placed your people in a situation that no other has done to their people. If it is wealth that you want by propagating your message, your people will take the responsibility to ensure that they accumulate their wealth to make you the wealthiest person. If it is position that you want, we shall all honor you until there is none more Honorable than you and we shall do nothing without your approval. If you are doing this because you have been afflicted by evil spirits which you are unable to get rid of, then we shall spend all our fortunes until we grow helpless finding a cure for you. If it is leadership that you want, we shall make you our leader."

The Prophet (peace be upon him) then said, "Have you finished 0 Abu Waleed?" When Utba replied in the affirmative, the Prophet (peace be upon him) recited Surah Fussilat and prostrated in Sajdah when he recited the Sajdah verse (verse 37). However, Utba remained sitting with his hand behind him for support. when Prophet (peace be upon him) completed reciting the Surah, Utba stood up and (was so astounded by the words of the Qur'an) that he did not know what to tell the others.

Seeing him arrive, the others commented, "Utba is returning with a face quite different from the one he left you with." Utba said, "0 gathering of Quraysh! I spoke to him as you instructed but when I had finished, he spoke to me with words that I swear by Allah, my ears have never heard before. I did not know what to say to him. 0 gathering of the Quraysh! Obey me this once even if you disobey me forever afterwards. Leave this man alone to himself because I swear by Allah that he will never forsake what he is doing. Allow him to do as he pleases with the Arabs because if he is dominant over them, his honor would be yours and if they dominate him, your objective would be reached without your intervention." To this the others said, "0 Abul Waleed! You have forsaken your religion."

- Narrated by Abu Nu'aym al-Isfahani in Dala'il al-Nubuwwa, no. 185

http://shamela.ws/browse.php/book-10637#page-225

Comment

Al-Miswar bin Makhramah and Marwan ibn al-Hakam (may Allah be pleased with them) narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"Woe be to the Quraysh! Waging war has certainly consumed them (although previous battles with the Muslims have weakened them, they still intend to fight). Why do they rather not allow me to continue my work among the people without interference? If the other Arabs gain the upper hand over me and finish me off, the heartfelt desire of the Quraysh will be accomplished. On the contrary, if Allah grants me victory over the other Arabs, the Quraysh will also enter the fold of Islam. However, if the Quraysh refuse to accept Isl am and still have the strength to fight me, what do they think? I swear by Allah that I shall fight them for the sake of that (Deen) which Allah has sent me with until Allah grants me victory or this head is separated from my body."

- Subul al-huda wa al-Rashad 5/37, al-Sirah al-Nabawiyya li-Ibn Hisham 3/356, al-Sirat al-Halabiya 3/12, al-Sirah al-Nabawiyya li-Dahlan 2/167, Al-Kamil fi al-Tarikh 2/75, Makatib al Rasool 3/87, Musnad Ahmad 4/323, Tafsir al-Qur'an al-Azim li-Ibn kathir 4/209, Tarikh al-Umam wa-al-Muluk li-Tabari 2/272, Al Bidayah wal Nihayah 4/189, Uyun al-athar fi funun al-maghazi wa-al-shama'il wa-al-siyar 2/115, Mawsuat al-tarikh al-Islami 2/605, al-Sirah al-Nabawiyya li-ibn Kathir 3/313, classed as saheeh by al Albani in his tahqeeq of Fiqh al-Seerah, no.324

Comment

Working...
                              X