Beautiful gems from some our Salaf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Ali ibn al-Husayn said:

يا أهل العراق أحبونا حب الإسلام، ولا تحبونا حب الأصنام، فما زال بنا حبكم حتى صار علينا شينا

"0 people of Iraq, love us as Muslims. Do not love us as idols, for the way you love us has become so bad that it is something we are ashamed of."

- Tahdhib al-Kamal fi asma' al-rijal 20/387

Comment

• ’Uqbah bin Muslim said:

صحبت عبد الله ابن عمر – رضي الله عنه – أربعة و ثلاثين شهراً فكثيرا ما كان يُسأل فيقول : لا أدري ، ثم يلتفت إليَّ فيقول : تدري ما يريد هؤلاء ، يريدون أن يجعلوا ظهورنا جسراً لهم إلى جهنم .

For 34 years I kept Ibn ’Umar's (may Allah be pleased with him) company and he used to often say ”I do not know” (when he was asked about anything) Whereupon he would turn towards me and say: ”Do you know what these people want?” They want to make our backs bridges into the hell fire.

- Jami' Bayan al-'Ilm wa Fadlihi 2/841

Comment

• Shunning desires

Abu Sulaymaan Ad-Daaraani said:

“One who is sincere in shunning fulfilling a desire, Allaah will remove it from his heart, because Allaah is more generous than to punish for a desire which was shunned for His sake.”

Muhammad Al-Munajjid.
        والذين آمنوا أشد حبّا لله

Comment

• Charity before privately consulting Allaah [تعالى]

Ibn al-Qayyim [رحمه الله] said:

«وشاهدت شيخ الإسلام ابن تيمية قدس الله روحه ، إذا خرج إلی الجمعة يأخذ ما وجد في البيت من خبز أو غيره ، فيتصدق به في طريقه سرا ، وسمعته يقول: إذا كان الله أمرنا بالصدقة بين يدي مناجاة رسول الله ، فالصدقة بين يدي مناجاته تعالی أفضل وأولی بالفضيلة»

❝I witnessed Shaykh ul Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah -may Allah purify his soul- when he would go out to the Jumma prayer he would take whatever he could find at home of bread etc and he would give that in charity secretly on his way to the prayer.

I heard him say: 'If Allaah has ordered us to give charity before privately consulting the Messenger of Allaah* [when he was alive], then privately consulting Allaah [تعالى] is better and foremost in excellence.'❞

[Zad By Ibn al-Qayyim, (1/395) | Translated By Abbas Abu Yahya Miraath al-Anbiyya]

http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showp...&postcount=251

والذين آمنوا أشد حبّا لله

Comment

• Ibn al-Qayyim:

فليس العلم كثرة النقل والبحث والكلام, ولكنه نور يميز به بين صحيح الأقوال من سقيمها وحقها من باطلها

"Knowledge is not (measured by) the much relaying (of texts) and searching and of speech. Rather, it is a light by which one distinguishes between correct statements from the faulty/unsound, and truth from the invalid ones."

[Ijtima' al-Juyoosh, p.77]

Comment

Working...
            X