X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic Manners in Multaqa Ahl Al-Hadeeth

By the name of Allah, Al-Rahman Al-Raheem, I begin with:

All praise to Allah and May Allah exalts the mention of the messenger of Allah (Muhammad bin Abdullah), his family, his companions and whoever loves and supports him, amongst the angels:

Indeed, this Multaqa of Ahlualhadith – May Allah reward those who works on it- is not, in anyway, similar to other forums which have goodness and badness. On the contrary, this Multaqa is not only an outstanding flag rising in the world of Islamic knowledge over the internet but also a bright sun that enlightened the darkness of forums to guide whoever surf the internet.

This Multaqa has collected a wide variety of knowledge that only appreciated and valued by those who chose this knowledge to be their companions in this life.

It has always been advised by scholars to benefit from the guidance of scholars and adopt their characters before benefiting from their knowledge. That is why scholars tend to mention the advise which was given to Imam Malik – The Imam of Madina- by his mother at the time she sent him to learn from Imam Rabi’ea Al-Rai ( may Allah bestows his mercy upon them all), as her advise had the same meaning we have talked about.

Today, we follow the steps of our previous scholars as we aim to benefit from the politeness, nobility and the good character of this blessed Multaqa members’ as much as we aim to follow their steps seeking Islamic knowledge.

My dear brothers, I put in your hands this boutique of manners and etiquettes I have chosen for you so I remind myself and others. Yet, after I finish this article, I welcome any addition, suggestion or corrections, hoping Allah to grant us a the virtue of collecting a good centre for Islamic Manners and etiquettes, which we need in this Multaqa and other forums.

1) From Islamic courtesy to start every post with mentioning the name of Allah. The least can be made by saying (bismillah or Alhamdullah or both together). This is something that knowledge students should never forget because mentioning the name of Allah in the beginning has an amazing affect on hearts softness and facilitate learning knowledge.

2) Reply the greetings by writing it whenever you reply to someone who started his post with saying (Salam Alykom…) because replying back by uttering it is not sufficient since the norm of forums that writings replace uttering. Anyway, I do prefer everyone who replies to greet back the first greeting even if topic is long and has many replies.

3) If no one greeted back a post you begun with saying ( Salam Alykom…) then do not get upset and find excuses for your brothers because it may happen that whoever replies did not notice that and was too busy with reading the topic itself and it may happen that he greeted back by uttering it without writing it.

4) It is proper to maintain and keep saying ( salla Allah a’la Muhammad) as it is one of the features of AhlAlhadeeth- May Allah brightened their faces- that distinguish them from others, furthermore, are proud of as other scholars from others sciences do not have. Thus, this has to be maintained by writing it as it si with using abbreviations as some recent people tend to use like (ص) or ( صلعم ) if they wish to say Salla Alih wa sallam. Besides, it happens that using word the words may change to a Latin letter so it is better to review your work before submitting it to avoid such mistakes.

5) Always, say a Dua’a to whoever is replying to your post or to someone who added something that you benefited from even if this benefit is not up to the level you wanted. Such Dua’a can be like saying for example:: May Allah reward you or may Allah have his mercy on you and etc…. However, keep in mind to avoid being selective with Dua’a as like, for example: making Dua’a to who touched the points correctly while you do not make Dua’a to others who took the trouble to reply but were not having the answers you looked for. This type of behavior may create hardship in the hearts between brothers and Shaytaan always take advantage of such situations to create Fitna.

6) Do not muck or make fun of what others say even if what they say does not seem correct to you or not even a worthy reply. It is important to keep in mind that his rights upon you to respect him and not to make fun of him in anyway form.

7) Always address the one you talk to with what open and soften hearts to break the ice between both of you as by calling him for example: My dear Brother or my respected sheikh and etc… and if you make duaa for him as some brothers do then that it is a good thing to do as well.

8) Always give each person what they deserve and do not underestimate them therefore to talk to each person according to what is suitable to his level. It is a fact that this Multaqa has many scholars who I would kiss their hands and their foreheads if I ever met them as it is their right upon me, to glorify the knowledge they carry in their chests. Yet, since it is not possible to meet them then the least we can do is to be polite with them as it is the norm of all scholars from all times to treat people of knowledge in such manners.

9) Do not get upset or angry if someone addressed you with what do not suit your level that you believe you are in and always observe sincerity and humbleness and deny your self as much as you can. Always try to find excuses for others like excuse them for not being aware of your rank in knowledge and such excuses.

10) Always review your post before submitting it and after submitting it when it is a possible to edit it because it hurts the eyes of knowledge students and scholars to see some fatal mistakes, which should be avoided.

11) The most fatal mistakes that happened due to the fact some do not review their posts before submitting, are the one that happens when someone try to write a verse from Quran or in the spelling of the word Allah or names of the prophets and etc. it is known that moderators sometimes do not notice such mistakes due to the many topics and threads posted every day therefore let every member in this Multaqa to be a moderator on himself.

12) It is good to pay attention to where marks are used like (? And !!!) because if you misplace it you will lose the meaning of the sentence you used. Yet, using it much may give the feeling that you are angry or even mucking which you do not tend to mean.

13) It does not suit the English version as it is about Arabic language used in writings.

14) It is proper to understand the different customs and traditions in other countries to avoid using terms of speech that some not aware of or not familiar with in their countries because you will find some who are tough in their words while others soft yet all gathered by one religion.

15) It is a good idea to search the forum before submitting a new thread since the forum has a very good data base which you can search through. It happens, though, that some thinks that his thread is first time to be posted when it was really posted previously by others. These repeated topics waste time and efforts which can be used in other place and bring out more benefit.

16) Do not post your topic in different section because some may reply to one and others on the other one which will let the benefit wasted and make it hard to tracl all posts related to this topic.

17) Do not post links to websites that advocate innovations or promote suspicion because humans are weak and people fall into the traps of doubts. Besides the fact that such people do not have any good in their nature and if it happens to have some goodness you will find better than this goodness with ahlu Alsunnah. So there is no need to use their sites!! Yet, if it was needed, then just quote what you wish to talk about from these sites without mentioning the link or any details about it

18) Take your time when you read a topic so you can really understand what the writer wants to ask about or to deliver. Do not be too hasty to reply because you do not want to answer things not even related, which will make your contribution in vain.

19) Do not be too hasty to give fatwa if you are not qualified to give Fatwa. It is enough for you to quote what trusty scholars said whether they were from earliest or recent scholars. However, if you could not quote then do not reply too much on your memorization because your memory sometimes may fail you. Furthermore, clarify to the one who asks that you are not giving him a fatwa but rather giving him what you concluded out of your Ijtehad on this question. Needless to say, that you should never rely on what you may tend to believe that yu do not give Fatwa because laymen are usually weak and will take your words as a fatwa and apply it on him and spread it. Thus, always keep reminding yourself of this fact so you do not get tempted by time and fall in this trap.

20) Avoid giving your own personal opinion at the time you answer a question or giving a fatwa by saying : ( however, my personal opinion on this matter is… or what I do anyway is…) because what you practice and follow which has no proof or evidence has no validity especially while you are having a nick name.

21) Avoid giving unrelated comments unless you find there is a benefit behind it like to encourage a writer who did not get enough encouraging or to bring warmth between you and another and etc…

22) If having piety and not to be hasty in fiqh is needed then in terms of Aqeedah we must be more careful. Therefore, I advise not to be hasty with posting what may cause confusion for Muslims because what they may think it is correct can be very much wrong.

23) Courtesy directs us to refer to the known references as much as possible. It is from the virtue of knowledge to refer each saying to whoever said it. This will strengthen your research and give it more credibility.

24) The most important and the greatest manner is to stick to the creed of ahlu alsunnah wa al-jama’a in the way you edit and write, in the way you ask and answer, in the style and the context, and in the way of methodology and results. This is needed so that the creed of innovators vanish by ignoring and neglecting them, And Allah is the helper.

25) Being humble and soft with your brothers in the Multaqa and to have paitance even if they offended you because this is the guidance of our prophet (salla ALlh a’lih wa sallam)

26) Do not talk about others unless it is needed and do not expand on talking. Talk about what concerns the matter without being excessive and always having the intention to advise others for Allah sake

27) Do not be happy when others make mistakes even if they appose your opinion.

28) If you wish to reply to a post then it is good to mention the name of the one who you are replying to. For example do not say a reply to post number 12!!! Say: a reply to brother….

29) Do not post mysterious titles to your post which only aim to attract others so you have more readers like saying: very very important question or saying a very dangerous saying stated by a known scholar!!!

30) It is better not to mention the new of scholars all the time as in; my sheikh has the intention to do hajj then saying my sheikh went to Hajj then after a while saying my sheikh came back from hajj and so on.

31) If you wish to advise then let it be in secret

These advices are compiled from a thread posted Brother Aby Muhammad Al-basheer bin muhammad Issam (1-24) and brother Abdulrahman Al-Sudais(25-27) anmd Brother haitham Hamdan (28-31).

Finsihed Translating by Child of Islam on 14-August-2007 which is the 1st of Sha'baan 1428 H.
    Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
    [Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    الحمد لله و السلام على خير البشر و امام الاتقياء
    جزاك الله عنا خيرا شيخنا الفاضل على الجهود المباركة بإذن الله تعالى
    أنا محمّدي ما حييت فإن أمت **** فوصيتي للناس أن يتحمّدوا
    I am a Muhammadi as long as I breathe....
    ....And if I die, then my will is for people to become Muhammadi

Comment

بسم اله الرحمن الرحيم

الحمد لله و المنة على نعمة الإسلام

عسى الله أن يكتب لك الأجر أخي الفاضل بلال فأنت دائما من السابقين في الخير و ما نحن إلا متتبعين لخطاكم إن شاء الله.

و جزى الله الشيخ هيثم خير الجزاء لجهده في هذا الملتقى, نفع الله بكم المسلمين
      Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.

Comment

Pictures on forums (including smilies)

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
        الحمد لله و السلام على حبيبنا سيد ولد أدم
        جزاك الله خيرا
        جمعنا الله و اياكم في الفردوس
        Question:
        I supervise an Islamic forum. Some members add topics or signatures that include pictures of men, women, animals and cartoons. I actually delete all these pictures, but I need a fatwa to put on the forum, which will help me implement this ruling and correct my intention.

Answer:
        Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Taking pictures of animate beings such as humans, birds and animals, and putting them in forums or keeping them for memory’s sake, is not permissible, because of the general meaning of the evidence that image-making is haraam, and the fact that the one who does that is cursed. See the answer to question no. 22660 and 8954.

No exception is made from that except cases of necessity or urgent needs, such as ID pictures and the like.

Secondly:

The prohibition on picture making also applies to drawing cartoons or distorted images of animate beings, because of the report narrated by Muslim (2107) from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came from a journey, and I had hung over my door a curtain on which there were images of winged horses, and he told me to take it down.

This hadeeth indicates that making images of animate beings is haraam, even if they are imaginary and do not actually exist, because there are no real horses with wings.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (1/479): What makes images forbidden is the fact that they are images of animate beings, whether they are sculptures, or drawings on walls or fabric or paper, or they are woven, and whether they are done with a quill, a pen, or a machine, and whether they represent something real or something imaginary, whether they are small or large, beautified or distorted, or drawn in the form of lines representing a skeleton. What makes them forbidden is that fact that they depict animate beings, even if they are imaginary like pictures of ancient people, Pharaohs, or leaders and soldiers of the Crusades, or like the pictures of ‘Eesa (Jesus) and Maryam (Mary) that are kept in churches, etc., because of the general meaning of the texts, and because that is competing with the creation of Allaah, and because it is a means that leads to shirk. End quote.

Thirdly:

Putting pictures of women in forums is a reprehensible action, because it is using haraam images and because it may cause temptation and provoke desires. You have done well to erase all the images, because denouncing and removing evil is a duty upon everyone who is able to do that.

Every Muslim has to fear Allaah and realize that he will be asked on the Day of Resurrection about everything that he writes and publishes. He should not take any haraam matter lightly; a huge fire can start from a little spark.

We ask Allaah to help us all to do that which He loves and which pleases Him.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Comment

Ettiquittes for female participants

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
          الحمد لله و السلام على حبيبنا امام المتقين
          Question:
          What is the ruling on woman partaking in forums? And women discussing issues with men? Is joking with men on forums haram? What is the ruling on using the different icons of emotions like smiles? Is using private messaging between a man and a woman to enquire something or ask for help permissible? Is it permissible for the woman to write “hahahaha” (laugh)? May Allah reward you, Please answer my questions accurately to assure my heart.

Answer:
          Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

It is permissible for a woman to take part in public forums so long as she adheres to the following conditions:

1 – She should take part only as much as is necessary, so she may put her question or say what she has to say, then leave, and she should not comment except as is essential, because the basic principle is that she should refrain from speaking with men and mixing with them.

2 – Her speech should not include anything that may provoke fitnah, such as jokes, soft speech or laughter, such as writing “hahahahaha” as mentioned in the question, or using emoticons to represent smiles, because that may lead to the one in whose heart is a disease being moved with desire, as in the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep your duty (to Allaah), then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy, or evil desire for adultery) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner”

[al-Ahzaab 33:32].

3 – She should avoid giving her e-mail address or corresponding privately with any of the men, even if that is by seeking help, because such correspondence usually leads to emotional attachment and provocation of fitnah. Please see questions no. 34841 and 82460.

4 – It is better for a woman to take part only in forums for women. This is safer for her. There are many such forums and there is a lot of good in them. If she needs to take part in public forums then it is better for her to choose a username that does not show that she is female.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Comment

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
            الحمدلله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله وعلى آله وصحبه و من ولاه
            I regret not reading these rules earlier.
            One quick question:
            Can whoever is in charge to change something in this forum?
            To keep the edit button incase after a few days someone wants to edit or delete their post. I'm sure you wont have too much trouble to change the default for everyone.
            SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah, Lailaha illa Allah, Allahu Akbar, La hawl wa la quwat illa billah.
            Allahumma kun ma'a ikhwanina wa akhawatina fee mashariq al arth wa magharibaha!

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly that Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth is one of the only forums on which there is most excellent adab. It is a truly a diamond in the rough that is forums. This is the only place where people can give differing opinions from each other, without bickering and insulting.

May Allah [swt] reward those responsible for running this site.

Comment

Barakallahu feek brother Hanbali.
                May Allah SWT the Multaqa and all its members and readers.
                Always remember … without total fluency in the Arabic language, you can only attain basic Islamic knowledge ... but basic knowledge is the path to advanced knowledge
                haitham_hamdan@hotmail.com

Comment

Ameen to all the supllications!

I'd like to ask: Do I have the permission to translate this into Bosnian?

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's servant View Post
                    Ameen to all the supllications!

I'd like to ask: Do I have the permission to translate this into Bosnian?
                    Yes. You are Free to do so and if you could try to refrence it to the Multaqa (smile).

Why Posts Are Deleted?

Comment

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Raheem!

As-Salamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!

Jazak'Allahu khayran, noble brother! In sha Allah, it will be referenced to Multaqa.

Comment

Salamu 3alaikm my respected brother,

MashAllah, I think i've broken a few of those rules =[ inshAllah forgive me everyone i'll try and abide by these.

Comment

Bump!

Evereyone be reminded to abide by these manners.

Do not be drifted by shaytaan steps and temps.

Jazakom Allah khier

Why Posts Are Deleted?

Comment

Bump Again!

For New Posters! And old ones as well.

Why Posts Are Deleted?

Comment

Bump again

For new members as well as myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X