Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > The Multaqa Library
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Salaf View Post
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Does anyone know where I can download Islamic Books for the Kindle? Azw files? or PDFs which are made for it? Barak Allah Fikum
wa alaikum-us-salaam wa rahmatullaah

Grab any PDF from Waqfeya, Kalamullah, IslamFuture, and crop the margins using any PDF editor and it'll display perfectly on the Kindle DX.

If you want Kindle (AZW) format, download a program called Calibre which can convert to this as well as other format. It will only convert books with text, not scanned PDFs which aren't OCR'd.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn Saeed View Post
Does anyone have the Biography of Prophet Muhammad sallahu alaihi wasallam in Kindle format ?

a non-muslim is asking for it
Grab any good seerah book in English, like the Sealed Nectar (text not scan) and convert it to AZW using Calibre.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu emaan View Post
Where can I download this from:

Buloogh-us-Sa`aadah,
by Shaykh Salaah al-Budair
Imaam of al-Masjid-un-Nabawee, and Judge in the High Court of Madinah
This is a useful compilation of nearly 1200 ahaadeeth about Tawheed, neatly classified under precise chapter headings.
From here
Old 07-01-2011, 09:59 AM

Jazaak Allaahu Khair brother Rasheed =) The information is greatly appreciated. I move house quite a lot and it's cumbersome packing/unpacking my books. Especially since I'm guilty of not even reading most of them.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to MeemHamza Send a message via Yahoo to MeemHamza Send a message via Skype™ to MeemHamza

Here is more sample photos:

http://alkindle.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_4749.html
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 PM

It seems to be good in pdf files
but can you tell us how arabic fonts appear in browsing internet or in text files
and if it can read doc files of ms word?
Gazak Allah Khayra
Old 12-30-2011, 06:30 PM

As-salaamu `alaykum

Jazaak Allaahu khayra for sharing these. I have a question. As you know, many pdf scans are hefty in file size. How well does the Kindle cope in loading pages. Even a decent computer can be sluggish (using Acrobat) when loading PDFs. So how do you find these?

Apologies if this was asked already, I done a quick search to see if this had been asked and didn't find anything.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:30 AM

asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakaatuh

Don't buy any yet, color screen ones going to be released soon inshaa' Allah.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:26 AM

Wa`alaykum us-salaam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh

Akhi Qatadah, to me that's not a reason to not buy. One of the reasons I would like a kindle is because I have loads of PDF books which a) I don't intend to print due to price, binding etc. and b) I can't stand reading on an lcd or even crt screen. Kindle's e-ink is the perfect alternative, it looks like paper and doesn't have that hideous effect on the eyes that displays tend to give.

The Kindle Fire and other colour version do away with the e-ink display. That to me, makes it like any other tablet and if I'm going to be reading, I want to consider the effect on my eyes, and would rather then go for an iPad since Apple's displays are usually solid!
Old 12-31-2011, 12:32 PM

I know akhi. I desperately want one too with eink, and they will be releasing eink color ereaders inshaa' Allah in 2012.

I will tell you another thing; eink readers if dropped from like 2 foot distance will not work permanently. This i think is because they have glass deep on the inside, but in the future they will be using pure plastic so that is a better and inshaa' Allah more firmer even if dropped or punched in the future.

Another thing; the kindle dx bro Rasheed has does not view arabic text on web format as far as i am aware. It just shows squares, and this is because kindle dx has kindle 2 software (you can view arabic pdf but not on web).

Kindle 3 does allow you to see arabic letters, but they are left to right. (i.e. Not understandable because it doesn't have bidi [bidi= both directional text - meaning no right to left text = no arabic reading.]

So i am waiting, even though our eyes can get worse i know. Its also better to wait because the black/white ones will drop in price, and also they will get more tougher inshaa' Allah.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:52 AM

The reason I am seeking a Kindle is because as my first language is english, unless one is wealthy the best source for ilm seems to be places like kalamullah who have many ebooks, however a lot of them are scanned image PDFs.

And this is the heart of the matter. Will reading a scanned PDF book on a Kindle be an easy-to-do pleasant experience or a disappointing experience complete with 'go to next page' and 're-sizing' frustrations?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Moderator of Aqeedah Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatadah View Post

I know akhi. I desperately want one too with eink, and they will be releasing eink color ereaders inshaa' Allah in 2012.
Is it going to be released very soon insha Allah? or will we have to wait several months ?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:17 AM

Sister Um Abdullah, It might take a few months but its worth the wait, because color e-ink will be important if you surf the internet on it (nearly all new ereaders support wireless internet (wifi) nowadays). So your eyes won't hurt no more inshaa' Allah when you surf the net.

Also remember the new ereaders might be more stronger (the ones nowadays if dropped from a low height will stop working), which is really important (because we know they are really expensive, so they should last for a long time.) So waiting is really the only safe option.

Bro abu turaub, the kindle dx is ok for scanned pdfs i think. But i've told you before (on another forum) that they're fragile (smile).
Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatadah View Post

Sister Um Abdullah, It might take a few months but its worth the wait, because color e-ink will be important if you surf the internet on it (nearly all new ereaders support wireless internet (wifi) nowadays). So your eyes won't hurt no more inshaa' Allah when you surf the net.
Is there another company that has an ereader with color e-ink that is not fragile? or are there none available right now?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 AM

That's what we're all desperately waiting for.. There are some in Russia but they're created only for schools (so you can't buy them unless you pay around 500$ US).

Because the technology is new, waiting is the only option really.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:56 AM

If you want to read about the Russian ones, search:

Black ink:
Plastic Logic 100 e-Reader

Color:
Ectaco JetBook Color

They're strong, eink type of technology (eyes dont hurt) and can fall and still work. But they're hard to get hold of, and really expensive.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:28 PM

I have a kindle 3 now alhamdulillah, it does support arabic (you can read arabic websites and pdf books on it even if it has arabic font writing in (i.e. Non scanned arabic books can be read).)

It's really good for eyesight.

You CAN'T take any arabic notes on it.

http://translate.google.com works but sadly you can't type arabic, so it's abit worthless unless you're doing an english to arabic search. (you can't copy and paste on the web browser.)

Sadly it doesn't have any notepad on it either.

It's really good for reading things, but pdfs are it's weak point because if you make the font zoom bigger, you can't see the whole line (you have to keep pressing side). Which makes it hard to read.

The solution to that would be the kindle dx because it's bigger. But sadly kindle dx doesn't support arabic font.

Also you can't download pdfs directly from your wireless internet onto it. You have to send them with usb from your computer.

Ebay in the uk sells the kindle 3 keyboard wireless second hand ones for about 70 nowadays, or you can wait and their price might keep dropping.

I'll try to see if i can make a video or photos.

Any questions? Please ask.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:27 PM

Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatu Allaahi wa barakatuh,

I'm thinking about getting the Onyx M91S. its allot cheaper the then amazon kindle DX for me. because I live in the Netherlands it cost 400 euro's here. and this one 250. My question is if anyone knows if it is as capable as the amazon kinde DX in reading books, arabic fonts etc. Someone said to me its not about the device you use (as long as it supports PDF files), something with the PDF file itself. something with embedded font or something.

Baraka Allaahu feekum

wa aleikum assalaam wa rahmatu Allaahi wa baraktuh
Old 04-16-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamdy View Post
Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatu Allaahi wa barakatuh,

I'm thinking about getting the Onyx M91S. its allot cheaper the then amazon kindle DX for me. because I live in the Netherlands it cost 400 euro's here. and this one €250. My question is if anyone knows if it is as capable as the amazon kinde DX in reading books, arabic fonts etc. Someone said to me its not about the device you use (as long as it supports PDF files), something with the PDF file itself. something with embedded font or something.

Baraka Allaahu feekum

wa aleikum assalaam wa rahmatu Allaahi wa baraktuh
Wa alaykum assalam wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Why don't you get Onyx M92 since it is the latest, and they are constently working on its updates (firmware updates). I bought an Onyx M92, and recieved it about a week ago, and it works well alhamduilllah.

In E Reader plaza website M92 cost about 291 Euros, and it has touchscreen with stylus pen, which I believe that M91s does not have, or at least I didn't see it in its specifications when I read about it.