Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > Hadeeth Sciences & Islamic History
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 AM

Default authenticity of this hadith

assalaam walaikum brothers...

this is my first post on multaqa...alhamdulillah... brother i wanted to know the authenticity of the hadith which is cited in TALHIS UL HABIR of hafiz ibn hajr .... the meaning of the hadith stated that the prophet s.a.w used to raise hands in prayer in the ruku and bowing after ruku and he used to do this till he met allah....this hadith is narrated by ibn umar r.a ...pls if anyone has its chain and proper txt provide me thx. may allah shower his blessing on all of you.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 AM

Hafiz Ibn Hazar quoted the narration in Talkhis al-Habir. In its chain, there are 2 (if not more) narrators whose status might be problematic.

Asama bin Muhammad is criticized for his bad memory, however this criticism might not be correct coz the narrator of this Hadith is Asama bin Muhammad bin Fuzala, not Asama bin Muhammad bin Hisham.

Abdurrahman bin Quraysh's status is disputed, subject to further scrutiny. AND ALLAH KNOWS THE BEST.

There are plenty of other Ahadith that are undoubtedly Sahih stating about Rafu' al-Yadayin at the commencement of the Salah, bowing for Ruku & raising head from Ruku (and while standing for the third Rakah). So, even if this very Hadith is inauthentic, the original issue remains unaffected. And Allah knows the best.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:09 AM

I was unaware of, and just came across this: http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showthread.php?t=15050 Allah knows the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Abdullah View Post
Hafiz Ibn Hazar quoted the narration in Talkhis al-Habir. In its chain, there are 2 (if not more) narrators whose status might be problematic.

Asama bin Muhammad is criticized for his bad memory, however this criticism might not be correct coz the narrator of this Hadith is Asama bin Muhammad bin Fuzala, not Asama bin Muhammad bin Hisham.

Abdurrahman bin Quraysh's status is disputed, subject to further scrutiny. AND ALLAH KNOWS THE BEST.

There are plenty of other Ahadith that are undoubtedly Sahih stating about Rafu' al-Yadayin at the commencement of the Salah, bowing for Ruku & raising head from Ruku (and while standing for the third Rakah). So, even if this very Hadith is inauthentic, the original issue remains unaffected. And Allah knows the best.