Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > Multaqa Media
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 02:42 AM

Lightbulb Knowing and Living by the Qur'an - Sh. Uthman Khan

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

اللهم اجعلنا من الذين يتلون القرآن حق تلاوته آناء الليل و أطراف النهار
Ameen.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:05 PM

Default Alamanah

Assalamo alikom wajazki Allaho khayran
Allah said in surat Alahzab v.72
إِنَّا عَرَضْنَا الْأَمَانَةَ عَلَى السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَالْجِبَالِ فَأَبَيْنَ أَنْ يَحْمِلْنَهَا وَأَشْفَقْنَ مِنْهَا وَحَمَلَهَا الْإِنْسَانُ إِنَّهُ كَانَ ظَلُومًا جَهُولًا (72)
Alamanah does not mean AlQuran as the Shaykh mentioned it means the dos and donts and the orders that Allah swt wanted from us
إِنَّا عَرَضْنَا الْأَمانَةَ أَيِ التَّكْلِيفَ وَهُوَ الْأَمْرُ بِخِلَافِ مَا فِي الطَّبِيعَةِ، Amanah as explained in Tafseer books as to do and be adhered to certain system that is not in the nature of the person to do voluntarily as salat , fasting etc

Baraka Allahou feekom
Asssalamo alikom
Old 06-10-2012, 08:54 PM

Assalamo alikom
I do not like to seem like I am gloating about that Shaykh , but to be dead sure , we had a free question time in the mosque last Friday and I asked the Imam if the Ammanah means Quran and he specifically said it means " takleef " which I explained before as the duties that Muslims should do as prayers , zkat. haj .fasting etc.and that is also the opinion of all Mufasseroon
Allahou Alalm
Assalamo Alikom
Old 06-12-2012, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed frihy View Post
Assalamo alikom
I do not like to seem like I am gloating about that Shaykh , but to be dead sure , we had a free question time in the mosque last Friday and I asked the Imam if the Ammanah means Quran and he specifically said it means " takleef " which I explained before as the duties that Muslims should do as prayers , zkat. haj .fasting etc.and that is also the opinion of all Mufasseroon
Allahou Alalm
Assalamo Alikom
Walaykumusalam warahamtullah wabarakatuh Respected Brother,
JazakAllahu khayran for pointing that out and looking for the right answer. Yes, I checked too only in Tafseer ibn Katheer and the majority of the Sahaba and Tabi'een (may Allah SWT be pleased with all of them, ameen) have understood it as obligations, prohibitions and prescribed punishments. I don't know what the speaker in the video meant when he said the Quraan but perhaps he referred to what's contained in the Quraan which is nothing but obligations, prohibitions and punishments. Allah SWT knows best and I have no knowledge regarding Sciences of Tafseer. It's very odd that whenever I've heard the explanation of this, the speakers always specifically mention in reference to the Quraan and more literally the burden of 'bearing of the Quraan'. I don't know so I hope Allah SWT grants me understanding of the Quraan to one day say with confidence regarding this. But jazakAllahu khayran once again!