Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > Islamic Adab & Tazkiyah
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 04:18 AM

Default DUA IN CONGREGATION

Is it sunnah to perform dua in congregation after Id prayers. In my country after Id prayers Imam starts making dua loudly and all people starts saying ameen behind him. What is prophetic tradition in this matter can some one elaborate.
thanks in advance
Old 07-18-2012, 04:19 AM

any advice pl.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:05 AM

Ruling on saying Du`a' after Salah with the Imam (Fatwas of Nur `Ala Al-Darb
)

Q: Tell us about the supplication after performing Salah (Prayer) with the Imam (the one who leads congregational Prayer), may Allah reward you with the best!

A: Each person must supplicate individually during or after Salah, during Sujud (Prostration) and after reciting Tashahhud (testification recited in the sitting position in the last unit of Prayer), for himself and for other Muslims, and for his Muslim parents, etc. All these are states in which Du`a' (supplication) is permissible: during Sujud, before Taslim (salutation of peace ending the Prayer), after invoking Allah's Blessings and Peace upon the Prophet, and between the two prostrations. The worshipper can ask Allah in these states to forgive him and his parents, or say any possible good supplications, especially those that have been authentically reported. He can invoke Allah's Forgiveness between the two prostrations, saying: O Allah forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, assist me and provide me with sustenance; during Sujud, he can say any supplication that he wishes, because the Prophet (peace be upon him) said in the authentic Hadith: The nearest a servant comes to his Lord is when he is prostrating himself, so say as many supplications as possible (in this state).
He also said
(Part No. 9; Page No. 184)
(peace be upon him): As far as Ruku` (bowing) is concerned, glorify in it the Lord, and while prostrating yourselves say as many supplications as possible, for it is likely that your supplications will be answered. The Prophet (peace be upon him) also used to say during Sujud: O Allah, forgive all my sins; the small sins and the big ones, those I committed in the past and those I will commit in the future, and those I commit in public and those I commit in secret. This is one of the best supplications. When the Prophet (peace be upon him) taught his Companions the Tashahhud, he said: “Then let him choose from the supplications what he loves best and let him supplicate (with it),” that is, at the end of Salah, before Taslim, after reciting the Tashahhud. Then the worshipper should invoke Allah's Blessings and peace upon the Prophet (peace be upon him) and seeks refuge with Allah, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to do, from four things, saying: O Allah, I seek refuge with You from torment in Hellfire, from punishment in the grave, from the Fitnah (temptation) of life and death, and from the evil of the Fitnah of Al-Masih-ul-Dajjal (the Antichrist). The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to seek refuge with Allah from these four things and to order people to seek refuge with Allah from them. It is, therefore, Sunnah (supererogatory act of worship following the example of the Prophet) for the worshipper, whether in the obligatory or the supererogatory Salah, to say: I seek refuge with Allah from the torment of Hellfire, from the punishment of the grave, from the Fitnah (trial) of life and death, and from the evil of the Fitnah of Al-Masih-ul-Dajjal (the Antichrist); or:
(Part No. 9; Page No. 185)
"O Allah, I seek refuge with you", both ways are narrated in the Hadith; then to ask Allah for Jannah (Paradise) and to seek refuge with Him from Hellfire, saying: O Allah, grant us what is good during our life and in the Hereafter, and protect us from torture in Hellfire, O Allah forgive me and my parents - if they are Muslims - O Allah I have been greatly unjust to myself, and there is no one who forgives sins but You, so grant me forgiveness from You and have mercy upon me, O You the Most Forgiving, the Most Merciful; O Allah, help me to remember You and thank You, and enable me to worship You properly. These are all good supplications. Also from Jawami` Al-Kalim (concise yet most comprehensive expressions) that the Prophet (peace be upon him) told Mu`adh (may Allah be pleased with him): Do not miss supplicating after every Salah saying: (Allahumma a‘inni ‘ala dhikrika wa-shukrika wa-husna ‘ibadatika (O Allah, help me to remember You and thank You and enable me to worship You properly) When the Prophet (peace be upon him) finished reciting the Tashahhud, he used to seek refuge with Allah from the torture of Hellfire, punishment in the grave, the Fitnah of life and death, and the Fitnah of Al-Masih-ul-Dajjal. Then, O you servant of Allah, whether man or woman, you can say any Du`a' that you wish, during Sujud, at the end of Salah before Taslim; and if you recite the invocations that are to be said after Salah, you can also supplicate after Taslim in secret, between you and your Lord, without raising your hands after the obligatory Prayer, because the Prophet never raised his hands while supplicating after the obligatory Prayer. However, there is no problem with raising your hands while supplicating after supererogatory Prayers at home, or
(Part No. 9; Page No. 186)
any other time, because supplicating and raising the hands are reasons of fulfillment of Du`a'. But you should not raise your hands when the Prophet (peace be upon him) did not. The Prophet never raised his hands after the obligatory Prayers; he used to supplicate but without raising his hands. You can also supplicate between the two prostrations, but without raising the hands; and during the Friday Khutbah (sermon) too. If the Imam supplicates during the Friday Khutbah or the `Eid Khutbah, he should not raise his hands, unless he is performing Salat-ul-Istisqa' (Prayer for rain).
Old 07-18-2012, 05:06 AM

Q: The inquirer asks: Is it permissible to supplicate in a loud voice after praying? That is, the Imam (the one who leads congregational Prayer) says the Du`a' (supplication) and the worshippers say: Amen?
A: Saying Du`a' by the Imam in a loud voice and then the Ma'mums (people being led by an Imam in Prayer) saying: "Amen" is considered a Bid`ah (innovation in religion). Each worshipper must supplicate to Allah individually after the invocations, or, even better, before Taslim (salutation of peace ending the Prayer), after seeking refuge with Allah from the punishment of Hellfire and of the grave, and from the Fitnah (temptation) of life and death, and the Fitnah of Al-Masih-ul-Dajjal (the Antichrist); the worshipper can say any supplications that are reported in Shari`ah (Islamic law), such as: O Allah, I seek refuge with You from miserliness, and I seek refuge with You from cowardice, and I seek refuge with You from reaching old age,
(Part No. 9; Page No. 187)
and I seek refuge with You from the Fitnah of life and the punishment of the grave; O Allah, help me to remember You and thank You and enable me to worship You properly; O Allah, I have done injustice to myself greatly and there is no one who forgives sins but You, so grant me forgiveness from You and have mercy upon me, O You are the Most-Forgiving, the Most-Merciful. O Allah forgive the sins that I have committed in the past and those I will commit in the future, those I committed in secret and those I committed in public, and all I have exceeded in, and what You know about me more than I do, You are the Advancer and the Deferrer, there is no God who deserves worship but You; O Allah, You are the Pardoner, You love pardoning, so pardon me; O Allah, make my heart and my actions righteous; O Allah, forgive me and my parents (if they are Muslims), etc.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:18 PM

jazak Allah but it doesnt answer my question. The imam of my mosque says on two Ids it is permissible rather sunnah to make dua in congregation after prayer.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:40 PM

he needs to prove it as the burden of proof is on him. There are certain cases congregational dua is permissible as explained above however what is the evidence.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:43 PM

*what is his evidence
Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 AM

His evidence is the hadith in which prophet(saws) ordered even menstruating women to come for Id prayer so that she can join in dawatul mislimeen.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:51 AM

The hadith is in reference to the dua made during the khutbah, not after the salah (when you say after salah do you mean during the khutbah after the salah???) Making dua during the khutbah has been proven through many hadith however dua after the salah has not.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:19 AM

jazak Allah
Old 08-23-2012, 12:26 PM

Default Assalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed Ibn Amr View Post
Q: The inquirer asks: Is it permissible to supplicate in a loud voice after praying? That is, the Imam (the one who leads congregational Prayer) says the Du`a' (supplication) and the worshippers say: Amen?
A: Saying Du`a' by the Imam in a loud voice and then the Ma'mums (people being led by an Imam in Prayer) saying: "Amen" is considered a Bid`ah (innovation in religion). Each worshipper must supplicate to Allah individually after the invocations, or, even better, before Taslim (salutation of peace ending the Prayer), after seeking refuge with Allah from the punishment of Hellfire and of the grave, and from the Fitnah (temptation) of life and death, and the Fitnah of Al-Masih-ul-Dajjal (the Antichrist); the worshipper can say any supplications that are reported in Shari`ah (Islamic law), such as: O Allah, I seek refuge with You from miserliness, and I seek refuge with You from cowardice, and I seek refuge with You from reaching old age,
(Part No. 9; Page No. 187)
and I seek refuge with You from the Fitnah of life and the punishment of the grave; O Allah, help me to remember You and thank You and enable me to worship You properly; O Allah, I have done injustice to myself greatly and there is no one who forgives sins but You, so grant me forgiveness from You and have mercy upon me, O You are the Most-Forgiving, the Most-Merciful. O Allah forgive the sins that I have committed in the past and those I will commit in the future, those I committed in secret and those I committed in public, and all I have exceeded in, and what You know about me more than I do, You are the Advancer and the Deferrer, there is no God who deserves worship but You; O Allah, You are the Pardoner, You love pardoning, so pardon me; O Allah, make my heart and my actions righteous; O Allah, forgive me and my parents (if they are Muslims), etc.

Just a little confused. How about saying ameen in Du'a of Qunut in Witr Prayer. Also, I just want to clarrify, if the Imam are not allowed to raise their hands in saying du'a on after Khutbah, how about the ma'mum? Because, this is really what I observe in several Masjids even in Masjid Nabawi or in Makkah. The ma'mum are raising their hands when the Imam is saying the du'a for khutbah.

Jazakumullahu Khayr..
Old 08-24-2012, 01:10 AM

Bismillah
The ulemah say regarding the qunut that there is inshaAllah no harm in saying amen after the imaam when he supplicates however when he glorifies Allah then don't.

It is sunnah for the khateeb to supplicate in the khutbah while pointing his index finger and not by raising the hands. He should invoke Allah without raising his hands, following the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). If the worshippers say Amen (i.e. O Allah Accept) inaudibly, then, inshaAllah,there is no sin in this. Similarly, worshippers may not raise their hands in supplication except during invocation for rain when the Imam raises his hands. As for regular Friday sermon and 'Eid sermon, the hands should not be raised during supplication, by the Imam and the worshippers. Raising the hands is approved in the supplication for rain as stated above, which is reported in the practice of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).
This is what I summarized from the scholars.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:12 AM

Jazakallahu Khayr for the respond...

Another question, still about raising hands.

What about the Du'a in gatherings. Most of the times in thanks giving gathering or even lectures, seminars, the Imaam will make du'a and what i observe with the people even ima'ams are raising their hands? Is this also Bid'a?

And talking about Friday, I'm very confused. Because, what I learned is accordingly there is NO Qabliyatan in Friday prayer after the First Adzan only Ba'diyatan. But again what I see is most of the muslims are doing Qabliyatan. Although it is not required for Female to attend the congregational prayer even friday still we are going to Masjid Nabawi because we want to pray there as the Hadith says that Every prayer we are doing there will be multiplied inshaallah. Besides, we can also do the Ziyara in Rawdha.

Sorry for too much questions.. Barakallahu Fiyk...
Old 08-27-2012, 01:12 PM

BaarakAllahu Feeki

Yes this is a bida' as congregational dua' can only be made in the cases mentioned above.

The sunnah should be done after the friday prayer. It is authentically reported from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that he enjoined the person who wanted to pray a Sunnah Salah after Jumu`ah to offer four Rak`ahs. Maybe the people you see are doing the Nafl? Allahu Alam
Old 08-28-2012, 06:05 AM

Is that 4 Rakaas is continuous or 2 Rakaats each prayer? And is it with Ayat/Surah or just Fatiha alone to read?

Ah, so there's Nafl after the Adhan of Friday? How many Rakaat does it has?

And last, Nafl is different from Qabliyatan and Ba'diyatan?

Jazakallahu Khayr Ustadz..
Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 PM

Ah, so there's Nafl after the Adhan of Friday? How many Rakaat does it has?

And last, Nafl is different from Qabliyatan and Ba'diyatan?

Jazakallahu Khayr Ustadz..[/QUOTE]

You can pray as much as you wish.
قبلتين

Is Masidal Aqsa Masjidal Haram but i dont understand ba'diyatan? Can you write it in arabic maybe. And what do you mean is it the same as Nafl?

And im not a Ustadz BaarakAllahFeeki i just look for the answers from the scholars and put them here. JazaakAllahu Khayra
Old 08-29-2012, 02:52 PM

Is Qabliyatan and Ba'diyatan some kind of salah? If it is then I have never heard of it.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:10 AM

Qabliyatan and Ba'diyatan means Before and After Prayer (Nawafil Prayers).
It's a sunnah prayer.

Like for example, in 5 daily obligatory prayers there are sunnah prayers that are done before and after the obligatory prayer.
Like, in Zuhr - 4 Rakaats Before (Qabliyatan) and 2 Rakaats After (Ba'diyatan)
Asr - NO BEFORE AND AFTER
Magribh - 2 Rakaats After (Ba'diyatan)
Eisha - 2 Rakaats After (Ba'diyatan)
Subh -2 Rakaats Before (Qabliyatan)

That's why I'm confused in Friday prayer because according to the Narrations, there is no Qabliyatan (Sunnah Prayer Before) the Jumu'ah Prayer. But there is Ba'diyatan (After Sunnah Prayer)....

About your Question (Masjidal Aqsa)...

Allahua'lam, but according to the Narrations, there are only two called Masjid Haraam. (Masjid Nabawi and Baytullah - Makkah), that's why they are called Haramain (The Two Haraam Masajeed). Allahua'lam Bissawab...

Ah, Jazakallahu Brother, Barakallahu Fiyk..
Old 08-30-2012, 12:09 PM

My sister I am sorry we have a misunderstanding. I didn't ask you if aqsa was haraam I said the word qaabliyataan meant that.

Yes sister you are right there is no sunna before the prayer only after. I stated this earlier as I had a feeling you were talking about that. Asalamu alaykum
Old 08-30-2012, 12:29 PM

Salaam alykum ikhwa,

Are these Urdu words or something? I'm confused