Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > 'Aqeedah & Refutation of Deviant Sects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 04:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to Abu Turab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris Hammam View Post
Abu Turab, can you please analyse for us the reports on 15th Sha`ban from the following personalities:

1. `Umar bin `Abd 'l-`Aziz
2. `Abd 'llah bin `Umar
3. `Ata' bin Yasar

These three have been touted as potential Madani people who supported the virtues of the night. Any research on this would be much appreciated. If you can think of anyone else, please let us know.

This is so we can verify or criticise the report from AR bin Zayd bin Aslam from a Dirayah viewpoint.

Let me make it very simple for you , it seems you are having difficulty understanding what is going around or what the discussion is about

1) You came up with "take further heed of the other opinion...Abdurrahman bin Zayd bin Aslam sais: 'I have not met any Sheikh or jurist of ours pay any attention to the 15th of Sha'ban.......'
.......Now if a fanatic like you doesn't want to accept this opinion, then that's fine. But when you go around like a warrior bashing others for holding legitimate opinions, you deserve all what you get. Exercise some humility." end of quote

2) It was shown to you from the Statements of Sunni Scholars that AbdurRahman ibn Zayd ibn Aslam is a person accused of making up stuff ( ie., lying/fabricating/forgery) and ascribing it to the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam

3) Then you were asked :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Turab Ali Rida
so why did the scholars of hadeeth said that he was weak ? can you explain, certainly scholars of hadeeth had a reason to say Abdur Rahman ibn Zayd ibn Aslam was weak was it due to him accused of making up stuff and reporting fabrications or making many mistakes or like having defective memory or some other reason ?

What is the guarantee that he is reporting the state of affairs correctly since we already saw his reliability concerning what he reports regarding sayings of the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam ?
4) but instead of answering it you came up with
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris hammam
This is all to do with Hadith particulars.

The report from Ibn Zayd is more of a historical account of what happened in Madinah. Besides, he is the end of the chain reporting a Matn, not reporting from someone else who was stating the Matn.

Hadith verification and criticism isn't as black and white as you are making it out to be. A few quotes in Arabic regarding the Jarh of a narrator is not enough.

By the standards you are laying down, a weak narrator reporting something about even himself or his own family would not be taken into consideration.
5) You were replied : http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showp...4&postcount=59

here is the relevant text
Quote:
Originally Posted by abu turab ali rida
Was this historical event related to Deen or not ? and do you accept historical events from those who have been criticized by scholars of Islam for their reliability ? How did you come to the conclusion that whatever you quoted from Abdur Rahman ibn Zayd ibn Aslam is infact a historical even and not made up stuff ?

The point is simple, you failed to explain the reasons why Abdur Rahman ibn Zayd ibn Aslam was declared weak by scholars of Islam but rather you continued with your rhetoric "A few quotes in Arabic regarding the Jarh of a narrator is not enough. " , not enough for you, but why should anyone worry, if it is enough for you --

May be:- people accused of making up stuff and lying upon the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam could be hujjah , evidence and proof for you , but not for others.

I find it really strange , the absurd reasoning, a person accused of making mistakes and even accused for making up stuff but this is regarding religion - deen - hadith but for everything else , he is expected to be honest, and truthful because "Hadith verification and criticism isn't as black and white as you are making it out to be" ?

So, basically a person could be truthful, honest about other religious matters but the most serious religious matters which is ascribing statements to Prophet ( sallallahu alayhi wa sallam ) it really doesn't matter if he was truthful or liar ?

for example, few people lie upon the sahaba, but their lies have nothing to do with fiqh, they can lie upon sahaba but when it comes to fiqh, they become authority ? weird reasoning..... i have yet to find scholars who subscribed to such absurd methodology , Harris Hammam can you help me out ?
6) We can look at your other requests after we finish with your claims first which were not answered by you and you came up with something new, which in my language is called diversion, distraction and digression :
Quote:
Abu Turab, can you please analyse for us the reports on 15th Sha`ban from the following personalities:

1. `Umar bin `Abd 'l-`Aziz
2. `Abd 'llah bin `Umar
3. `Ata' bin Yasar
"They do not mention it to you but for argument; But no, they are a contentious people." [ Read more ]

Abu Umamah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “No people go astray after being guided except that they indulge in arguments.” Then he recited the verse, “They strike an example for you only to argue; rather, they are a quarrelsome people.” (43:58)

[Sunan At-Tirmidhi, Book of Exegesis, Number 3253, Sahih]

عَنْ أَبِي أُمَامَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَا ضَلَّ قَوْمٌ بَعْدَ هُدًى كَانُوا عَلَيْهِ إِلَّا أُوتُوا الْجَدَلَ ثُمَّ تَلَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ هَذِهِ الْآيَةَ مَا ضَرَبُوهُ لَكَ إِلَّا جَدَلًا بَلْ هُمْ قَوْمٌ خَصِمُونَ

3253 سنن الترمذي كِتَاب تَفْسِيرِ الْقُرْآنِ بَاب وَمِنْ سُورَةِ الزُّخْرُفِ

قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ صَحِيحٌ
Disclaimer: Imam Malik (d. 179 AH) said, “Everyone after the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam will have his sayings accepted and rejected - not so the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam.” [Irshaad al-Saalik 227/1, Jami Bayaan al-Ilm 91/2]
Old 06-23-2013, 05:39 PM

I really can't be bothered reading your long-winded posts.

I simply asked you, as part of an academic discussion, whether it is authentically reported of any Madani inhabitant pre-300 A.H. that he/they deemed the night to be virtuous.

If you can't respond to this basic request, you have issues.

Jazakallah

because returning to the truth is better than remaining in falsehood,
and the one who remains in falsehood will increase only in remoteness from the truth

(29/471, Tadheeb 'l-Kamal)
Old 06-24-2013, 05:26 AM

Quote:
you don't need to worry if I have issues or not, and there isn't any need for you to display preemptive posing , look, it seems you have comprehension problems or you can't understand simple and plain english, you came up with a claim from Abdur Rahman ibn Zayd ibn Aslam, you were rebuked and disapproved, instead of accepting the truth or attempting to refute by replying to the queries relating to your claim on Abdur Rahman ibn Zayd ibn Aslam you came up with smoke screen, digression, diversion and then you end abruptly by saying "I really can't be bothered reading your long-winded posts....If you can't respond to this basic request, you have issues." ;
Maybe you should avoid discussing such complicated topics, just a suggestion.

As for you claim of {if...then} statement "If you can't respond to this basic request, you have issues" then you were told that your requests would be looked after we finish the issue of Abdur Rahman ibn Zayd ibn Aslam. We cannot keep jumping from one issue to another and you keep evading and coming up with new stuff.

Quote:
I really can't be bothered reading your long-winded posts.

I simply asked you, as part of an academic discussion, whether it is authentically reported of any Madani inhabitant pre-300 A.H. that he/they deemed the night to be virtuous.

Jazakallah

قال الإمام ابن القيم-رحمه الله-: أَعلَى الهمم فِي طلب علم الْكتاب وَالسّنة والفهم عَن الله وَرَسُوله نفس المُرَاد وَعلم حُدُود الْمنزل وأخّس همم طلاب الْعلم قصر همته على تتبع شواذ الْمسَائِل وَمَا لم ينزل وَلَا هُوَ وَاقع أَو كَانَت همته معرفَة الِاخْتِلَاف وتتبع أَقْوَال النَّاس وَلَيْسَ لَهُ همة إِلَى معرفَة الصَّحِيح من تِلْكَ الْأَقْوَال وقلّ أَن ينْتَفع وَاحِد من هَؤُلَاءِ بِعِلْمِه

Disclaimer: Imam Malik (d. 179 AH) said, “Everyone after the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam will have his sayings accepted and rejected - not so the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam.” [Irshaad al-Saalik 227/1, Jami Bayaan al-Ilm 91/2]
Old 06-24-2013, 08:01 PM

I posted this elsewhere and thought I'd share on the Multaqa:

Al-Shafi'i in al-Umm about the 15th night of Sha'ban:

الأم للشافعي (1/ 264)
(قَالَ الشَّافِعِيُّ) : وَبَلَغَنَا أَنَّهُ كَانَ يُقَالُ: إنَّ الدُّعَاءَ يُسْتَجَابُ فِي خَمْسِ لَيَالٍ فِي لَيْلَةِ الْجُمُعَةِ، وَلَيْلَةِ الْأَضْحَى، وَلَيْلَةِ الْفِطْرِ، وَأَوَّلِ لَيْلَةٍ مِنْ رَجَبٍ، وَلَيْلَةِ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ أَخْبَرَنَا الرَّبِيعُ قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا الشَّافِعِيُّ قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا إبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ قَالَ رَأَيْت مَشْيَخَةً مِنْ خِيَارِ أَهْلِ الْمَدِينَةِ يَظْهَرُونَ عَلَى مَسْجِدِ النَّبِيِّ - صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ - لَيْلَةَ الْعِيدِ فَيَدْعُونَ وَيَذْكُرُونَ اللَّهَ حَتَّى تَمْضِيَ سَاعَةٌ مِنْ اللَّيْلِ، وَبَلَغْنَا أَنَّ ابْنَ عُمَرَ كَانَ يُحْيِي لَيْلَةَ جُمَعٍ، وَلَيْلَةُ جُمَعٍ هِيَ لَيْلَةُ الْعِيدِ لِأَنَّ صَبِيحَتَهَا النَّحْرُ (قَالَ الشَّافِعِيُّ) : وَأَنَا أَسْتَحِبُّ كُلَّ مَا حُكِيَتْ فِي هَذِهِ اللَّيَالِيِ مِنْ غَيْرِ أَنْ يَكُونَ فَرْضًا.

He states, "It has reached us that supplications are answered on five nights: the night of Jumu'ah, the night of al-Adha, the night of al-Fitr, the first night of Rajab, and the middle night of Sha'ban."

He then afterwards comments, "And I prefer [acting on] what that has been reported concerning these nights without deeming it an obligation."

It seems - and Allah knows best - that al-Shafi'i was aware that there are no specific authentic reports about singling out the 15th of Sha'ban for worship but he preferred it nonetheless in light of the general reports concerning its virtue. It seems al-Shafi'i felt it is good to take advantage of this blessed time to worship Allah. It could be for this reason that he does not cite any specific evidence for this act, but only vaguely mentions that it is said that du'a is answered on this night.

One might jump to the conclusion that this is no evidence, but I'm pretty sure al-Shafi'i, rahimahullah, was not in need of any lessons in Usul al-Fiqh!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Bakr b. Nasir View Post

الأم للشافعي (1/ 264)
(قَالَ الشَّافِعِيُّ) : وَبَلَغَنَا أَنَّهُ كَانَ يُقَالُ: إنَّ الدُّعَاءَ يُسْتَجَابُ فِي خَمْسِ لَيَالٍ فِي لَيْلَةِ الْجُمُعَةِ، وَلَيْلَةِ الْأَضْحَى، وَلَيْلَةِ الْفِطْرِ، وَأَوَّلِ لَيْلَةٍ مِنْ رَجَبٍ، وَلَيْلَةِ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ أَخْبَرَنَا الرَّبِيعُ قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا الشَّافِعِيُّ قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا إبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ قَالَ رَأَيْت مَشْيَخَةً مِنْ خِيَارِ أَهْلِ الْمَدِينَةِ يَظْهَرُونَ عَلَى مَسْجِدِ النَّبِيِّ - صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ - لَيْلَةَ الْعِيدِ فَيَدْعُونَ وَيَذْكُرُونَ اللَّهَ حَتَّى تَمْضِيَ سَاعَةٌ مِنْ اللَّيْلِ، وَبَلَغْنَا أَنَّ ابْنَ عُمَرَ كَانَ يُحْيِي لَيْلَةَ جُمَعٍ، وَلَيْلَةُ جُمَعٍ هِيَ لَيْلَةُ الْعِيدِ لِأَنَّ صَبِيحَتَهَا النَّحْرُ (قَالَ الشَّافِعِيُّ) : وَأَنَا أَسْتَحِبُّ كُلَّ مَا حُكِيَتْ فِي هَذِهِ اللَّيَالِيِ مِنْ غَيْرِ أَنْ يَكُونَ فَرْضًا.

He states, "It has reached us that supplications are answered on five nights: the night of Jumu'ah, the night of al-Adha, the night of al-Fitr, the first night of Rajab, and the middle night of Sha'ban."

He then afterwards comments, "And I prefer [acting on] what that has been reported concerning these nights without deeming it an obligation."

It seems - and Allah knows best - that al-Shafi'i was aware that there are no specific authentic reports about singling out the 15th of Sha'ban for worship but he preferred it nonetheless in light of the general reports concerning its virtue. It seems al-Shafi'i felt it is good to take advantage of this blessed time to worship Allah. It could be for this reason that he does not cite any specific evidence for this act, but only vaguely mentions that it is said that du'a is answered on this night.

One might jump to the conclusion that this is no evidence, but I'm pretty sure al-Shafi'i, rahimahullah, was not in need of any lessons in Usul al-Fiqh!
Would it be safe to say that this matter is then a valid difference of opinion and the side that views this as being legitimate has a sound basis?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 AM

السلام عليكم يا أبا بكر، بارك الله فيكم أخي

I'm attracted to your ikhlas, honesty, and manners here.

As you correctly point out, people tend to carry themselves away over non essentials by misplacing their conceptions, and a lot of it is due to a lack of usoolul-fiqh wallahul-alim.

People generally have a misconception of what the basic usooli principle is on "no worship unless there is a proof". What people fail to realize is that while this principle is corrct, it does not mean that someone who does a particular form of worship as they so desire becomes a violation of this principle. This principle is not a means to block someone from performing a specific worship at a specific time.

In short, it can be argued that an action is bid'a if a person specifies a time, place, form, of worship as a uniform interval. On the other hand, simply partaking in worship on what you understand to be a virtuous day is not a bid'a. This is where ignorant salafis display their lack of fiqh.

May Allah guide us towards His Pleasure.

السلام عليكم

"I have debated with the Ash'aris
and it has become clear to me that they believe that Allah does not exist"

May Allah hasten the Muslims back to the path
that granted victory to them before.

http://islamthought.wordpress.com/

http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/
Old 06-25-2013, 10:07 AM

Brother, I don't think it's correct for you to comment on my "ikhlas". Only Allah knows if we truly have ikhlas, but I appreciate the husn al-zann.

May Allah grant us all ikhlas and righteous deeds.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:40 PM

Default The Amal of People of Makkah on night or 15 Shabaan

I wonder if those who view the superiority of night of shaban had come across al-Fakahi ( [1] [2] in his book Akhbar Makkah ?

Amal of People of Makkah // Practice or action of people of Makkah on the night mid of [month] Shabaan that they used to strive , go out and perform tawaf ............

http://shamela.ws/browse.php/book-22579
Volume 3

Quote:

[أخبار مكة في قديم الدهر وحديثه]ـ
المؤلف: أبو عبد الله محمد بن إسحاق بن العباس المكي الفاكهي (المتوفى: 272هـ)
المحقق: د. عبد الملك عبد الله دهيش
الناشر: دار خضر - بيروت
الطبعة: الثانية، 1414
عدد الأجزاء: 6 أجزاء في 3 مجلدات
[ترقيم صفحات وأحاديث الكتاب موافق للمطبوع، وهو ضمن خدمة تخريج الأحاديث، وفي الهامش قطوف من كلام المحقق]

ذكر عمل أهل مكة ليلة النصف من شعبان واجتهادهم فيها لفضلها وأهل مكة فيما مضى إلى اليوم إذا كان ليلة النصف من شعبان، خرج عامة الرجال والنساء إلى المسجد، فصلوا، وطافوا، وأحيوا ليلتهم حتى الصباح بالقراءة في المسجد الحرام، حتى يختموا القرآن كله، ويصلوا

-----

الفاكهي وروايته:
قال التقي الفاسي : " وللإمام الأزرقي والفاكهي فضل السبق والتحرير والتحصيل ، فإن ما ذكراه هو الأصل الذي انبنى عليه هذا الكتاب وفي كتاب الفاكهي وهو محمد بن إسحاق بن العباس المكي أمور كثيرة مفيدة جداً ليست من معنى تأليف الأزرقي ولا من المعنى الذي ألفناه ،وكان في المائة الثالثة ، والفاكهي تأخر عن الأزرقي قليلا في غالب الظن ، ومن عصرهما إلى تاريخه خمسمائة سنة ونحو أربعين سنة وأزيد لم يصنف بعدهما في المعنى الذي صنفا فيه أحد .." .
ولقد أكثر الفاسي النقل عن الفاكهي والاعتماد عليه في كتابيه العقد الثمين وشفاء الغرام ، وكلاهما مخصص لتاريخ مكة وما يتعلق بها من تراجم وأخبار .
وقال التقي الفاسي أيضاً عنه : " وكتابه في أخبار مكة كتاب حسن جدا لكثرة ما فيه من الفوائد النفيسة ، وفيه غنية عن كتاب الأزرقي ، وكتاب الأزرقي لا يغني عنه ؛ لأنه ذكر فيه أشياء حسنة مفيدة جدا لم يذكرها الأزرقي . وأفاد في المعنى الذي ذكره الأزرقي أشياء كثيرة لم يفدها الأزرقي ، وإني لأعجب من إهمال الفضلاء لترجمته ، فإن كتابه يدل على أنه من أهل الفضل، فاستحق الذكر، وأن يوصف بما يليق به من الفضل والعدالة أو الجرح وحاشاه من ذلك ، وشابهه في إهمال الترجمة الأزرقي صاحب أخبار مكة الآتي ذكره . وهذا عجب أيضا، فإنه بمثابة الفاكهي في الفضل ، وما هما فيما أحسب بدون الجندي صاحب فضائل مكة . فإن له ترجمة في كتب العلماء والله أعلم بتحقيقة ذلك" .

(22) ركعتي الطواف

-عن سعيد ابن أبي بردة عن أبيه ٌقال : أنَّ ابْنَ عُمَرَ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُمَا طَافَ، ثُمَّ صَلَّى خَلْفَ الْمَقَامِ رَكْعَتَيْنِ، ثُمَّ قَالَ: " أَلَا إِنَّ كُلَّ رَكْعَتَيْنِ تُكَفِّرُ مَا بَيْنَهُمَا "، أَوْ قَالَ: " قَبْلَهُمَا "، أَوْ كَلِمَةً نَحْوَهَا
as per Abdullah al-Sa'ad :
26- أخرجه الفاكهي ورجاله ثقات

Apparently, both Ibn Hajar Asqlani and Badr al-Din Ayni had access to Akhbar Makkah of Faakahi ( died around 272 AH )

----
الشيخ أبي الحسن عبيدالله بن العلامة محمد عبدالسلام المباركفوري :
ورد في فضيلة ليلة النصف من شعبان أحاديث أخرى ، وقد ذكر المصنف بعضها في الفصل الثالث ، وسنذكر بقيتها هناك إن شاء الله تعالى. وهي بمجموعها حجة على من زعم أنه لم يثبت في فضيلتها شيء (
وأضاف قائلا بعد ذكر الروايات الواردة في فضل ليلة النصف من شعبان : وهذه الأحاديث كلها تدل على عظم خطر ليلة نصف شعبان وجلالة (مرعاة المفاتيح : باب قيام شهر رمضان: "الفصل الثالث ")

قال العلامة زين الدين بن إبراهيم بن نجيم ، المعروف بابن نجيم المصري الحنفي (المتوفى : 970هـ)
ومن المندوبات إحياء ليالي العشر من رمضان وليلتي العيدين وليالي عشر ذي الحجة وليلة النصف من شعبان كما وردت به الأحاديث (البحر الرائق : الصلوات المسنونة كل يوم )

وقال محمد بن فراموز الشهير بملا خسرو الحنفي (المتوفى : 885هـ)
ومن المندوبات إحياء ليال العشر الأخير من رمضان وليلتي العيدين وليالي عشر ذي الحجة وليلة النصف من شعبان (درر الحكام شرح غرر الأحكام : تحية المسجد )

قال شرف الدين موسى بن أحمد بن موسى أبو النجا الحجاوي(المتوفى : 960هـ)
وأما ليلة النصف من شعبان ففيها فضل وكان في السلف من يصلي فيها (الإقناع في فقه الإمام أحمد بن حنبل: 1/154)

وقال الشيخ محمد بن صالح بن محمد العثيمين (المتوفى : 1421هـ)
ومن هذا الباب ليلة النصف من شعبان روي في فضلها أحاديث ومن السلف من يخصها بالقيام ومن العلماء من السلف وغيرهم من أنكر فضلها وطعن في الأحاديث الواردة فيها، لكن الذي عليه كثير من أهل العلم أو أكثرهم على تفضيلها (مجموع فتاوى ورسائل ابن عثيمين: 7| 156)

Old 06-25-2013, 04:55 PM

Mubarakpuri conlcudes :

أبو العلاء محمد بن عبد الرحمن بن عبد الرحيم المباركفورى (المتوفى : 1353هـ)
اِعْلَمْ أَنَّهُ قَدْ وَرَدَ فِي فَضِيلَةِ لَيْلَةِ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ عِدَّةُ أَحَادِيثَ مَجْمُوعُهَا يَدُلُّ عَلَى أَنَّ لَهَا أَصْلًا ، فَمِنْهَا حَدِيثُ الْبَابِ وَهُوَ مُنْقَطِعٌ ، وَمِنْهَا حَدِيثُ عَائِشَةَ قَالَتْ : قَامَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مِنْ اللَّيْلِ فَصَلَّى فَأَطَالَ السُّجُودَ حَتَّى ظَنَنْت أَنَّهُ قَدْ قُبِضَ ، فَلَمَّا رَأَيْت ذَلِكَ قُمْت حَتَّى حَرَّكْت إِبْهَامَهُ فَتَحَرَّكَ فَرَجَعَ ، فَلَمَّا رَفَعَ رَأْسَهُ مِنْ السُّجُودِ وَفَرَغَ مِنْ صَلَاتِهِ قَالَ : " يَا عَائِشَةُ أَوْ يَا حُمَيْرَاءُ أَظَنَنْت أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَدْ خَاسَ بِك ؟ " قُلْت : لَا وَاَللَّهِ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَلَكِنِّي ظَنَنْت أَنْ قُبِضْت طُولَ سُجُودِك ، قَالَ " أَتَدْرِي أَيَّ لَيْلَةٍ هَذِهِ ؟ " قُلْت : اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَعْلَمُ ، قَالَ : " هَذِهِ لَيْلَةُ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ يَطَّلِعُ عَلَى عِبَادِهِ فِي لَيْلَةِ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ فَيَغْفِرُ لِلْمُسْتَغْفِرِينَ وَيَرْحَمُ الْمُسْتَرْحِمِينَ وَيُؤَخِّرُ أَهْلَ الْحِقْدِ كَمَا هُمْ " ، رَوَاهُ الْبَيْهَقِيُّ . وَقَالَ هَذَا مُرْسَلٌ جَيِّدٌ وَيُحْتَمَلُ أَنْ يَكُونَ الْعَلَاءُ أَخَذَهُ مِنْ مَكْحُولٍ . قَالَ الْأَزْهَرِيُّ : يُقَالُ لِلرَّجُلِ إِذَا غَدَرَ بِصَاحِبِهِ فَلَمْ يُؤْتِهِ حَقَّهُ قَدْ خاس بِهِ ، كَذَا فِي التَّرْغِيبِ وَالتَّرْهِيبِ لِلْحَافِظِ الْمُنْذِرِيِّ . وَمِنْهَا حَدِيثُ مُعَاذِ بْنِ جَبَلٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ : " يَطَّلِعُ اللَّهُ إِلَى جَمِيعِ خَلْقِهِ لَيْلَةَ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ فَيَغْفِرُ لِجَمِيعِ خَلْقِهِ إِلَّا لِمُشْرِكٍ أَوْ مُشَاحِنٍ " ، قَالَ الْمُنْذِرِيُّ فِي التَّرْغِيبِ بَعْدَ ذِكْرِهِ : رَوَاهُ الطَّبَرَانِيُّ فِي الْأَوْسَطِ وَابْنُ حِبَّانَ فِي صَحِيحِهِ وَالْبَيْهَقِيُّ ، وَرَوَاهُ اِبْنُ مَاجَهْ بِلَفْظِهِ مِنْ حَدِيثِ أَبِي مُوسَى الْأَشْعَرِيِّ وَالْبَزَّارِ وَالْبَيْهَقِيِّ مِنْ حَدِيثِ أَبِي بَكْرٍ الصِّدِّيقِ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ بِنَحْوِهِ بِإِسْنَادٍ لَا بَأْسَ بِهِ . اِنْتَهَى كَلَامُ الْمُنْذِرِيِّ . قُلْت : فِي سَنَدِ حَدِيثِ أَبِي مُوسَى الْأَشْعَرِيِّ عِنْدَ اِبْنِ مَاجَهْ عَنْ لَهِيعَةَ وَهُوَ ضَعِيفٌ .
وَمِنْهَا حَدِيثُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَمْرٍو رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمَا أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ : " يَطَّلِعُ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ إِلَى خَلْقِهِ لَيْلَةَ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ فَيَغْفِرُ لِعِبَادِهِ إِلَّا اِثْنَيْنِ مُشَاحِنٍ وَقَاتِلِ نَفْسٍ " ، قَالَ الْمُنْذِرِيُّ : رَوَاهُ أَحْمَدُ بِإِسْنَادٍ لَيِّنٍ اِنْتَهَى.
وَمِنْهَا حَدِيثُ مَكْحُولٍ عَنْ كَثِيرِ بْنِ مُرَّةَ عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فِي لَيْلَةِ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ : " يَغْفِرُ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ لِأَهْلِ الْأَرْضِ إِلَّا مُشْرِكٌ أَوْ مُشَاحِنٌ " ، قَالَ الْمُنْذِرِيُّ : رَوَاهُ الْبَيْهَقِيُّ وَقَالَ هَذَا مُرْسَلٌ جَيِّدٌ قَالَ : وَرَوَاهُ الطَّبَرَانِيُّ وَالْبَيْهَقِيُّ أَيْضًا عَنْ مَكْحُولٍ عَنْ أَبِي ثَعْلَبَةَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ : أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ : " يَطَّلِعُ اللَّهُ إِلَى عِبَادِهِ لَيْلَةَ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ فَيَغْفِرُ لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَيُمْهِلُ الْكَافِرِينَ وَيَدَعُ أَهْلَ الْحِقْدِ بِحِقْدِهِمْ حَتَّى يَدَعُوهُ " ، قَالَ الْبَيْهَقِيُّ : وَهُوَ أَيْضًا بَيْنَ مَكْحُولٍ وَأَبِي ثَعْلَبَةَ مُرْسَلٌ جَيِّدٌ اِنْتَهَى . وَمِنْهَا حَدِيثُ عَلِيٍّ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : " إِذَا كَانَتْ لَيْلَةُ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ فَقُومُوا لَيْلَهَا وَصُومُوا نَهَارَهَا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ يَنْزِلُ فِيهَا لِغُرُوبِ الشَّمْسِ إِلَى السَّمَاءِ الدُّنْيَا فَيَقُولُ أَلَا مِنْ مُسْتَغْفِرٍ فَأَغْفِرَ لَهُ أَلَا مُسْتَرْزِقٌ فَأَرْزُقَهُ أَلَّا مُبْتَلًى فَأُعَافِيَهُ أَلَا كَذَا أَلَا كَذَا حَتَّى يَطْلُعَ الْفَجْرُ " ، رَوَاهُ اِبْنُ مَاجَهْ وَفِي سَنَدِهِ أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ أَبِي سَبُرَةَ الْقُرَشِيُّ الْعَامِرِيُّ الْمَدَنِيُّ ، قِيلَ اِسْمُهُ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ وَقِيلَ مُحَمَّدٌ وَقَدْ يُنْسَبُ إِلَى جَدِّهِ رَمَوْهُ بِالْوَضْعِ كَذَا فِي التَّقْرِيبِ . وَقَالَ الذَّهَبِيُّ فِي الْمِيزَانِ : ضَعَّفَهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ وَغَيْرُهُ . وَرَوَى عَبْدُ اللَّهِ وَصَالِحُ اِبْنَا أَحْمَدَ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا قَالَ : كَانَ يَضَعُ الْحَدِيثَ ، وَقَالَ النَّسَائِيُّ : مَتْرُوكٌ اِنْتَهَى . فَهَذِهِ الْأَحَادِيثُ بِمَجْمُوعِهَا حُجَّةٌ عَلَى مَنْ زَعَمَ أَنَّهُ لَمْ يَثْبُتْ فِي فَضِيلَةِ لَيْلَةِ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ شَيْءٌ وَاَللَّهُ تَعَالَى أَعْلَمُ . (تحفة الأحوذي : بَاب مَا جَاءَ فِي لَيْلَةِ النِّصْفِ مِنْ شَعْبَانَ)

Old 06-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Bakr b. Nasir View Post

الأم للشافعي (1/ 264)

see also:

https://twitter.com/abulhasan1390/st...558721/photo/1
Old 06-26-2013, 12:29 AM

As a general reminder to all, please try providing a translation -brief one at the very least- of the Arabic quotes you bring (refer to items i and j).

Keep in mind that this is an English forum and many of the readers may not be benefiting much from what is being posted.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:58 AM

Brother Faqir,

I visited Abul Hasan's twitter page and one of his tweets gave a link with his recommendation of "AWESOME" site on ibn Taimiyah.

But the site contains, all anti Ibn Taimiyyah Material. I was surprised.

Anyways this is just a attempt to report what I found on 'as is' "where is" basis.

Since I do not have any ilm to counter what was posted on that blog, I will not even try to comment on it.

May Allaah Grant Shifa to your Mother and May Allaah make you from those of his servants who served their parents well. Ameen.

Was salaam alaikum
Old 06-26-2013, 06:16 AM

Summary of what was posted in post #68 and #69

The argument that ABC scholar "was not in need of any lessons in Usul al-Fiqh" is a very weak argument as the naysayers could bring the same from Hatem al-Awni, Ibn Arabi and others and say the same that they were "not in need of any lessons in Usul al-Fiqh" ;

Al-Albani quoting Jamal al-Din al-Qasimi, said in Islah al-Masajid " that the scholars of tadil and tajrih say that there is no authentic narration regarding the excellence of the night of the middle of Shaban, then this statement is not to be relied upon. Moreover, if any of them did say this statement, then it was said only from their haste and lack of effort in tracing the numerous channels (of the narration) as has been done here in front of you, and Allah is the One who grants success." (Silsilah al-Aḥadīth aṣ-Ṣaḥiḥah)

عن أهل التعديل و التجريح أنه ليس في فضل ليلة النصف من شعبان حديث صحيح ، فليس مما ينبغي الاعتماد عليه ، و لئن كان أحد منهم أطلق مثل هذا القول فإنما أوتي من قبل التسرع و عدم وسع الجهد لتتبع الطرق على هذا النحو الذي بين يديك . و الله تعالى هو الموفق

Abul Alaa Mubarakpuri examined different routes and narrations on the subject - and both Mubarakfuris ( Abul Alaa Mubarakpuri and Abul Hasan Mubarakpuri ) concluded that there are narrations in the excellence of mid shaban night -- - and this is a proof against those who reject the excellence by claiming there isn't anything narrated in this subject.

So, it is not just Al-Albani who said this but many scholars, including ibn Taymiyyah ..... infact if you read al-fakahi who said -- rough translation --

The practise/action/amal of people of Makkah -- night of mid shaban -- their ijtihad (striving) in it for it's excellence -- and people of Makkah from past upto this date (fakahi died around ~272 AH )-- if it was night of mid shaban -- men and women went out to mosques , to pray and do tawaf and read [Quran] whole night till the morning in the Masjid al-Haraam in order to finish the whole quran, and pray , and some from them, prayed 100 rakats and in each rakat they prayed 10 times [surah] al-fatiha and [sura] al-ikhlas and they drank zamzam water during that night ..... seeking barakah during this night and many ahadeeth are narrated in the [excellence] of this night. --end of rough translation

in Islam we do have a concept of Sharf al-Makan waz Zaman (excellence of place and time)
Old 07-22-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
The argument that ABC scholar "was not in need of any lessons in Usul al-Fiqh" is a very weak argument as the naysayers could bring the same from Hatem al-Awni, Ibn Arabi and others and say the same that they were "not in need of any lessons in Usul al-Fiqh" ;
before refuting something, you should understand the point that is actually being made...
Old 07-22-2013, 08:54 PM

Is this such a big deal. No. Let those who want to do it, do it. Those who dont just dont.
Their will come leaders who will not follow my guidance and not follow my Sunnah. Their will be among them men who will have hearts of devils in the bodies of humans. He (the companion of the prophet) asked, "what shall I do, O messenger of Allah, if I reach that?" He replied, "you should hear and obey the ruler even if he flogs your back and takes your wealth, then still hear and obey."
(Saheeh Muslim)

HANBALI FIQH MOVEMENT