Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > Fiqh of Ahlulhadeeth & Comparative Fiqh > Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i and Hanbali Fiqh
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2017, 06:03 PM

Default Studying Hanbali-Madhab

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

i didn't find anything about this topic here. i would like to ask, inshaAllah, how should a muslim start to study the hanbali madhab?

i heard that one should first start study a madhab. so which english books on hanbali fiqh are recommended?

i have a fiqh book from shaykh as-sanqitiyy rahimahullah, but the shaykh mentioned different opinions, not just the hanbali-view..

can someone help my inshaAllah?

plese excuse my bad english, jazakAllahu khayran.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:55 AM

If you cannot read Arabic your choices are very limited. I would say virtually none. It would be best to find a Shiekh. The books you would need to study are all in Arabic.

You can read this.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslam View Post
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

i didn't find anything about this topic here. i would like to ask, inshaAllah, how should a muslim start to study the hanbali madhab?

i heard that one should first start study a madhab. so which english books on hanbali fiqh are recommended?

i have a fiqh book from shaykh as-sanqitiyy rahimahullah, but the shaykh mentioned different opinions, not just the hanbali-view..

can someone help my inshaAllah?

plese excuse my bad english, jazakAllahu khayran.
Wa'alaykumusalaam wa rahmatullah,
Arabic is key to our deen akhi, let us focus on that before commencing any real journey upon knowledge. After this, I'll just surmise what one of the great Shami Hanbali scholars of the 20th century advised in following a course of learning the madhhab:

1. Commence with Ibn Balban's primer, Akhsar al-Mukhtasarat, or al-Buhuti's 'Umdat al-Talib.
2. Progress to Ibn Qudamah's al-'Umdah; if unavailable, then Mar'i ibn Yusuf al-Karmi's Daleel al-Talib.
3. Follow this with intermediary level: Al-Buhuti's Rawd al-Murbi'
4. Final level of progression with Al-Bahuti's Sharh Muntaha al-Iradat.

He further writes that upon completion of the first two levels, one should study a primer in usul al-fiqh. The text he recommends is al-Juwayni’s Waraqat. And that while studying Sharh al-Muntaha at the final level, Ibn Qudamah’s Rawdat al-Nazir in legal theory is also studied.

Of course, this is not the only Hanbali curriculum that can or should be followed. What is crucial is that one is guided by a qualified teacher in this matter, and that a step-by-step curriculum is actually adhered too. Do not in any circumstance, try and do-it-yourself. This only results in confusion and chaos. May Allah bless you and us with knowledge that benefits.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:00 AM

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

jazakAllahu khayran, useful replies. Yes, Arabic is indeed very necessary.. SubhanAllah. In Germany, there are some online-courses for learning the Arabic tongue, walhamdulillah. You are right.. after that, i can try to focus on fiqh, inshaAllah

BarakAllahu feekum