Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > Islamic Adab & Tazkiyah
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2011, 02:15 AM

Default The book ''Tanbihul Ghafilin''

As salamu alaykum,

Is the book ''Tanbihul Ghafilin'' avaible with a good takhrij ?

Was salaam.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:42 AM
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

You do not need its takhrij, most of what he uses either fabricated or severily weak, thus it is not one of the recommended book considering that there are plenty of alternatives.

Why Posts Are Deleted?
[Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayman bin khaled View Post

You do not need its takhrij, most of what he uses either fabricated or severily weak, thus it is not one of the recommended book considering that there are plenty of alternatives.
As salamu alaykum,

Ofcourse we needs its takrij, same counts for Ihya if we read it we needs its takrij. Ofcourse it will contain fabricated and weak ahadith, but i think more than half of the ahadith would be good, so a reason to read it. You claim that most are fabricated/severily weak then its upto you come with numbers.

Was salaam.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:33 AM

Also one reason more to read it, it contains khutbaat from the author self, so once more a reason to read it.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunaim View Post
As salamu alaykum,

Quote:
Ofcourse we needs its takrij, same counts for Ihya if we read it we needs its takrij.
Since you compared ijyaa with the tanbih then that means you do not know the difference between the two books. It is like comparing earth with sky [this is while I acknowledge the high status of al-samarqandi rahimuh allah].
Quote:
Ofcourse it will contain fabricated and weak ahadith, but i think more than half of the ahadith would be good, so a reason to read it.
You negated what I advised you about the book but accepted "what you think"!

Quote:
You claim that most are fabricated/severily weak then its upto you come with numbers.
al-dhahbi said in the siyar, "It contains plenty of fabricated hadiths." That is why scholars warn those with no knowledge not to read such books as they will not be able to tell the fabricated from the lie from the weak. I am not here to convince you by the way, I just advised you.

Why Posts Are Deleted?

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
al-dhahbi said in the siyar, "It contains plenty of fabricated hadiths." That is why scholars warn those with no knowledge not to read such books as they will not be able to tell the fabricated from the lie from the weak. I am not here to convince you by the way, I just advised you.
As salamu alaykum,

Therefore i asked for a version with takhrij. The ahadith compilations beside Bukhari and Muslim contain also weak and fabricated ahadith, that does not mean we should not read them. We may read them with a takhrij.

Was salaam.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunaim View Post
As salamu alaykum,

Quote:
Therefore i asked for a version with takhrij.
If most of it is fabricated and the rest are either very weak and only few that are sound why to waste all effort on it!! I read the book some time ago and to be honest, I think the authentic narrations are just few and known. Further, the topic is repeated in many other better books so there is no need to insist on such book.

Quote:
The ahadith compilations beside Bukhari and Muslim contain also weak and fabricated ahadith,
The book is not a hadith collection book so you compare it with riqaaq books. Also, there is a differnce between a riqaq book that has few fabricated hadeeth and another that most of it is based on fabricated narrations. In any case, that is all what I have as an davice.

Barak Allahu feek.

Why Posts Are Deleted?

Old 03-22-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:

If most of it is fabricated and the rest are either very weak and only few that are sound why to waste all effort on it!! I read the book some time ago and to be honest, I think the authentic narrations are just few and known. Further, the topic is repeated in many other better books so there is no need to insist on such book.

The book is not a hadith collection book so you compare it with riqaaq books. Also, there is a differnce between a riqaq book that has few fabricated hadeeth and another that most of it is based on fabricated narrations. In any case, that is all what I have as an davice.

Barak Allahu feek.
As salamu alaykum,

Somebody PM'ed me a PDF with takhrif, looked through the footnotes quickly, i see the grades Sahih many times. Also i see Weak many times.

If the narrations mentioned in Tanbih are of Fadail nature and they're weak, then that's no problem.

Imam Dhahabi said about him in Siyar , "
الإمام الفقيه المحدث الزاهد أبو الليث نصر بن محمد بن إبراهيم السمرقندي الحنفي صاحب كتاب تنبيه الغافلين وله كتاب الفتاوى

"The Imam, Faqih, Muhaddith, Zahid, ...."

Many 'ulema have weak/fabricated ahadith in their books, this doesn't mean we leave them or their works.

If one reads such books with takhrij knowing the status of the ahadith, what the problem then ?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A

As I said, the author is well respected and esteemed scholar and criticizing the content of one of his books never degarde him though all what I said were just quotes of scholars and not my mere opinion.

Can you please pm me the book with tahqiq? And who did the tahqiq?

Why Posts Are Deleted?

Old 03-22-2011, 03:59 PM

Arrow

Quote:
As I said, the author is well respected and esteemed scholar and criticizing the content of one of his books never degarde him though all what I said were just quotes of scholars and not my mere opinion.

Can you please pm me the book with tahqiq? And who did the tahqiq?
Here it is with thanks to Um Abdullah M.

http://ia600103.us.archive.org/7/ite...h_ghafleen.pdf

Details are on the cover.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:40 PM

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Slight question: What's this book about? (smiling)

Old 03-23-2011, 07:36 AM

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaah

Please recommend other alternatives and books of riqaaq in english & if possible the links for them

wassalaamu alaykum
Umm Abdullaah