Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > Islamic Adab & Tazkiyah
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:15 AM
abunaim abunaim is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 759
Default The book ''Tanbihul Ghafilin''

As salamu alaykum,

Is the book ''Tanbihul Ghafilin'' avaible with a good takhrij ?

Was salaam.
__________________
Hanafi Fiqh Mutaqaddimun Movement
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:42 AM
Ayman bin khaled Ayman bin khaled is offline
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,558
Default

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

You do not need its takhrij, most of what he uses either fabricated or severily weak, thus it is not one of the recommended book considering that there are plenty of alternatives.
__________________
Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
[Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-22-2011, 08:31 AM
abunaim abunaim is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayman bin khaled View Post
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

You do not need its takhrij, most of what he uses either fabricated or severily weak, thus it is not one of the recommended book considering that there are plenty of alternatives.
As salamu alaykum,

Ofcourse we needs its takrij, same counts for Ihya if we read it we needs its takrij. Ofcourse it will contain fabricated and weak ahadith, but i think more than half of the ahadith would be good, so a reason to read it. You claim that most are fabricated/severily weak then its upto you come with numbers.

Was salaam.
__________________
Hanafi Fiqh Mutaqaddimun Movement
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-22-2011, 08:33 AM
abunaim abunaim is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 759
Default

Also one reason more to read it, it contains khutbaat from the author self, so once more a reason to read it.
__________________
Hanafi Fiqh Mutaqaddimun Movement
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Ayman bin khaled Ayman bin khaled is offline
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunaim View Post
As salamu alaykum,
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Quote:
Ofcourse we needs its takrij, same counts for Ihya if we read it we needs its takrij.
Since you compared ijyaa with the tanbih then that means you do not know the difference between the two books. It is like comparing earth with sky [this is while I acknowledge the high status of al-samarqandi rahimuh allah].
Quote:
Ofcourse it will contain fabricated and weak ahadith, but i think more than half of the ahadith would be good, so a reason to read it.
You negated what I advised you about the book but accepted "what you think"!

Quote:
You claim that most are fabricated/severily weak then its upto you come with numbers.
al-dhahbi said in the siyar, "It contains plenty of fabricated hadiths." That is why scholars warn those with no knowledge not to read such books as they will not be able to tell the fabricated from the lie from the weak. I am not here to convince you by the way, I just advised you.
__________________
Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
[Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-22-2011, 12:29 PM
abunaim abunaim is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayman bin khaled View Post
al-dhahbi said in the siyar, "It contains plenty of fabricated hadiths." That is why scholars warn those with no knowledge not to read such books as they will not be able to tell the fabricated from the lie from the weak. I am not here to convince you by the way, I just advised you.
As salamu alaykum,

Therefore i asked for a version with takhrij. The ahadith compilations beside Bukhari and Muslim contain also weak and fabricated ahadith, that does not mean we should not read them. We may read them with a takhrij.

Was salaam.
__________________
Hanafi Fiqh Mutaqaddimun Movement
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Ayman bin khaled Ayman bin khaled is offline
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunaim View Post
As salamu alaykum,
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Quote:
Therefore i asked for a version with takhrij.
If most of it is fabricated and the rest are either very weak and only few that are sound why to waste all effort on it!! I read the book some time ago and to be honest, I think the authentic narrations are just few and known. Further, the topic is repeated in many other better books so there is no need to insist on such book.

Quote:
The ahadith compilations beside Bukhari and Muslim contain also weak and fabricated ahadith,
The book is not a hadith collection book so you compare it with riqaaq books. Also, there is a differnce between a riqaq book that has few fabricated hadeeth and another that most of it is based on fabricated narrations. In any case, that is all what I have as an davice.

Barak Allahu feek.
__________________
Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
[Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:12 PM
abunaim abunaim is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayman bin khaled View Post
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته



If most of it is fabricated and the rest are either very weak and only few that are sound why to waste all effort on it!! I read the book some time ago and to be honest, I think the authentic narrations are just few and known. Further, the topic is repeated in many other better books so there is no need to insist on such book.



The book is not a hadith collection book so you compare it with riqaaq books. Also, there is a differnce between a riqaq book that has few fabricated hadeeth and another that most of it is based on fabricated narrations. In any case, that is all what I have as an davice.

Barak Allahu feek.
As salamu alaykum,

Somebody PM'ed me a PDF with takhrif, looked through the footnotes quickly, i see the grades Sahih many times. Also i see Weak many times.

If the narrations mentioned in Tanbih are of Fadail nature and they're weak, then that's no problem.

Imam Dhahabi said about him in Siyar , "
الإمام الفقيه المحدث الزاهد أبو الليث نصر بن محمد بن إبراهيم السمرقندي الحنفي صاحب كتاب تنبيه الغافلين وله كتاب الفتاوى

"The Imam, Faqih, Muhaddith, Zahid, ...."

Many 'ulema have weak/fabricated ahadith in their books, this doesn't mean we leave them or their works.

If one reads such books with takhrij knowing the status of the ahadith, what the problem then ?
__________________
Hanafi Fiqh Mutaqaddimun Movement
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Ayman bin khaled Ayman bin khaled is offline
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,558
Default

As I said, the author is well respected and esteemed scholar and criticizing the content of one of his books never degarde him though all what I said were just quotes of scholars and not my mere opinion.

Can you please pm me the book with tahqiq? And who did the tahqiq?
__________________
Seeking Knowledge & Learning Fiqh Is Only Praised When It Is For The Purpose Of Acting Upon It, Not For The Sake Of Discussions & Arguments

Why Posts Are Deleted?
[Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-22-2011, 03:59 PM
abunaim abunaim is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 759
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayman bin khaled View Post
As I said, the author is well respected and esteemed scholar and criticizing the content of one of his books never degarde him though all what I said were just quotes of scholars and not my mere opinion.

Can you please pm me the book with tahqiq? And who did the tahqiq?
Here it is with thanks to Um Abdullah M.

http://ia600103.us.archive.org/7/ite...h_ghafleen.pdf

Details are on the cover.
__________________
Hanafi Fiqh Mutaqaddimun Movement
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Abu Salaf Abu Salaf is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 905
Default

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Slight question: What's this book about? (smiling)
__________________
إن مثل الدنيا والآخرة كمثل المشرق والمغرب متى ازددت من أحدهما قرباً ازددت من الآخربعداً


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-23-2011, 07:36 AM
huda huda is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 87
Default

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaah

Please recommend other alternatives and books of riqaaq in english & if possible the links for them

wassalaamu alaykum
Umm Abdullaah
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.