Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > Hadeeth Sciences & Islamic History
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008, 05:49 AM

Question Everything in the sea is Halal.

As Salam Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Can anyone please give me hadith is regards to everything being halal in the sea? And, sea water is permissible to be used for wudhu?

Kindly give me hadith references.

Jazak Allahu Khayrn

Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind): "If you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islāmic Monotheism, follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah), Allāh will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Surat al-Imran, 31]
Old 12-11-2008, 01:22 AM
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ { أَنَّ رَجُلًا سَأَلَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَقَالَ : يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ إنَّا نَرْكَبُ الْبَحْرَ ، وَنَحْمِلُ مَعَنَا الْقَلِيلَ مِنْ الْمَاءِ ، فَإِنْ تَوَضَّأْنَا بِهِ عَطِشْنَا ، أَفَنَتَوَضَّأُ مِنْ الْبَحْرِ ؟ فَقَالَ عَلَيْهِ السَّلَامُ : هُوَ الطَّهُورُ مَاؤُهُ الْحِلُّ مَيْتَتُهُ }

Abu Huraira reported that a man asked the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم): "we travel in the sea and we carry with us little water. If we used it for wudu then we would be suffering thirst! so should we still use this water for wudu ? The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) replied: Its [sea] water is pure and its dead meat [fish and whatever lives in sea and die by leaving it] is Halal to eat"

Ref: Sunan Al-Tirmithi: 69

Why Posts Are Deleted?
[Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayman bin khaled View Post
Abu Huraira reported that a man asked the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم): "we travel in the sea and we carry with us little water. If we used it for wudu then we would be suffering thirst! so should we still use this water for wudu ? The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) replied: Its [sea] water is pure and its dead meat [fish and whatever lives in sea and die by leaving it] is Halal to eat"

Ref: Sunan Al-Tirmithi: 69
What about snake and crocodile sheikh? octopus is also halal?
Old 12-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeef View Post
What about snake and crocodile sheikh?
Majority of scholars said it is Haram to eat as the Hadeeth does not apply on it and it has a feature that makes it from the type that is unlawful to eat.

Quote:
octopus is also halal?
It is Halal, wallahu A'lam

Why Posts Are Deleted?
[Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:14 PM

wa 'alaykumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

SubhanAllah! I was unaware that ocean-water is okay to make wudu and ghusl with!! Jazakumullahu khairan!

What about swimming pools? I know the water in a swimming pool is mixed with many chemicals, but so is the tap water we drink nowdays and make wudu and ghusl with. I guess the size of the pool (amount of water) also comes into question?
Old 12-20-2008, 05:54 AM

wa 'alaykum assalaamu wa Rahmatullah.
What about carnivorous sea animals? Are they Halal or Haram? like the shark etc..