Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > Fiqh of Ahlulhadeeth & Comparative Fiqh
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2009, 04:06 PM

Default Reading Quran laying down

Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabrakatuhu,

Is it a form of disrespect to the words of Allah to lie down and read the Quran? ie. reading it in bed before sleeping?

Jazaakum Allahu khair.
When my heart became constricted and my paths became narrow - I took my hope in Your pardon and forgiveness as an opening and an escape - My sins seemed very great to me but when I compared them to Your forgiveness My Lord, I found Your forgiveness to be greater - Imam Shafi'i (Rahimahullah)
Old 03-25-2009, 12:32 AM

Wa Alaikum Assalaam,There is no harm in reading from the mushaf according to the people of knowledge.Ash Shaykh Ibn Jibreen[hf]said,one is allowed to read the Qur'an in any position be it walking, lying, riding a car etc.Nonetheless,it is better to read the Quran when seated,facing the Qiblah in order to understand and to contemplate it meanings in this way one completely benefit from his recitaton.Aishah[ra]said,the Prophet[saw] would recline in my lap and recite the Quran.And Allah[swt] knows best.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:21 AM

Barak Allahu feek brother.
When my heart became constricted and my paths became narrow - I took my hope in Your pardon and forgiveness as an opening and an escape - My sins seemed very great to me but when I compared them to Your forgiveness My Lord, I found Your forgiveness to be greater - Imam Shafi'i (Rahimahullah)
Old 04-26-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam_OurWayOfLife View Post
Barak Allahu feek brother.
There is a Hadith where Muhammed (Saw) reads the Qur'an while lying on Aisha's(Ra) lap, while she was menstruating, so dont worry, you can lie down and read.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:20 PM

Alhamdulilah. Brother, do you have the reference to that hadeeth? Jazaak Allahu khair.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:42 PM

Adding to that, Is it permissible to listen to the Quran while in bed, and if you fall asleep while listening to it? Is that a form of disrespect?
Old 04-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwayda Mustafah View Post
Adding to that, Is it permissible to listen to the Quran while in bed, and if you fall asleep while listening to it? Is that a form of disrespect?
there is nothing wrong in doing that. Actually it is preferable.

Wallahu A'lam

Why Posts Are Deleted?
[Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.