More books from the: Islamic Library:
http://www.library.mohdy.com/abooks_lib.aspx?m_var=NEWE
Old 09-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Administrator

From Multaqa ahl alHadeeth:
http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35110
Old 09-25-2007, 04:38 PM

ASsalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

I have a question regarding some books that are being promoted here. Is it okay that I ask them in open or should I send a PM to brother haitham?
Old 09-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Waalykum Assalam Warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh.
- Feel free to ask in open.
- Haitham is not the only one worth asking here. The Multaqa has many knowledgeble members.

Barakallhu feek brother Nail.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:36 PM

barakallahu feek, my question is in reference to some books of Sayyid Qutb, may Allah have mercy on him, and also book of Yusuf Qaradawi. Is it proper to promote such books due to what is found in them?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:16 PM

Izhar al-Haq (the Truth Revealed) by Sheikh Rahmatullah al-Kiranvi al-Hindi
http://www.4shared.com/file/23750047...ified=6ea128eb

This is an abridged version, not the complete book .. useful though!
In Uhud, when the polytheists attacked the Prophet (saws), he asked, "Who will sell his life to us?" Ziyad ibn al-Sakan with five of al-Ansar got up. They kept on fighting to defend the Prophet (saws) and all were killed one after the other.....
Abu Dujanah shielded the Prophet (saws) with his body. Arrows were hurled at his back as he leaned over him, until many struck him. [Sirat Ibn Hisham]

May you be ransomed with my father and my mother and my whole life, O Messenger of Allah!
Old 10-18-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Bismillah wassalaatu wassalaamu 'ala rasulillah

Akhi,

I am not sure how I can use this book in light of what I asked.

jazakallah khayr
Old 10-20-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haitham Hamdan View Post
ASA

Dear Brother Haitham

I would like to personally thank you for this thread
It is the best contribution I have ever seen
I was looking for such books to read to mprove my vocabulary in English religious translation . I believe with this thread and this generous contribution of Abu Mohamed I would be able to do more translation speedily and professionally

MAY ALLAL REWARD ABU MOHAMED & YOU FOR SUCH CARE to SERVICE ISLAM & MUSLIMS

I admit : with the help of these books I can start comfortably translating & publishing my series of :

Slanders Refutation

For Ahalhaddeth and Atba3 Al Morsaleen execlusively

All Respect
Old 10-20-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bint Nail View Post
barakallahu feek, my question is in reference to some books of Sayyid Qutb, may Allah have mercy on him, and also book of Yusuf Qaradawi. Is it proper to promote such books due to what is found in them?
no it is not, but this hukm is in regards to the laymen. As the senior scholars pointed out that they can be reviewed by the mashaikh and the general studnts of knowledge who can weigh the error and filter it out from the benefit in them. Some of the brothers here are of this calibur (not bragging though) wal-hamudillah

its kinda like reading tafseer az-Zamakshari, or the tafseer of Fakru-Deen ar-Razee, one being a mutazili philosopher, the latter being a jahmified Ash'ari Mutakalim, yet, especially in Zamakshari, the ulema agree to the superiority he hammered in lugha in his tafseer, and there are much benefit from ar-Razi's tafseer, and these are considered mubtadiah in our sight, much worse in the scale of innovation than merely a jounalist who was ignorant (as al-Albanee points out regarding Qutb) and no one from our salafi side contest to the fact that these two are much greater in the scale of bida than that of qutb.

anyhow I hope that answers your queestion bi ithnillah

asalamu alaikum

"I have debated with the Ash'aris
and it has become clear to me that they believe that Allah does not exist"

May Allah hasten the Muslims back to the path
that granted victory to them before.

http://islamthought.wordpress.com/

http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/
Old 10-20-2007, 03:17 PM

It should be useful
http://www.al-mostafa.com/
Old 10-20-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-boriqee View Post
no it is not, but this hukm is in regards to the laymen. As the senior scholars pointed out that they can be reviewed by the mashaikh and the general studnts of knowledge who can weigh the error and filter it out from the benefit in them. Some of the brothers here are of this calibur (not bragging though) wal-hamudillah

its kinda like reading tafseer az-Zamakshari, or the tafseer of Fakru-Deen ar-Razee, one being a mutazili philosopher, the latter being a jahmified Ash'ari Mutakalim, yet, especially in Zamakshari, the ulema agree to the superiority he hammered in lugha in his tafseer, and there are much benefit from ar-Razi's tafseer, and these are considered mubtadiah in our sight, much worse in the scale of innovation than merely a jounalist who was ignorant (as al-Albanee points out regarding Qutb) and no one from our salafi side contest to the fact that these two are much greater in the scale of bida than that of qutb.

anyhow I hope that answers your queestion bi ithnillah

asalamu alaikum
wa'alaykumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Yes walhamdulillah, jazakumullaahu khayran for the clarification.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
wa'alaykumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Yes walhamdulillah, jazakumullaahu khayran for the clarification.
I'll give you one super weopen

SInce the asharis like to lay claim to the legitiamacy of tawassul espoused by the sufis, then you can source them back to one of their own ash'ari,s ar-Razi himself where he said

{ وَيَعْبُدُونَ مِن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ مَا لاَ يَضُرُّهُمْ وَلاَ يَنفَعُهُمْ وَيَقُولُونَ هَـٰؤُلاۤءِ شُفَعَاؤُنَا عِندَ ٱللَّهِ قُلْ أَتُنَبِّئُونَ ٱللَّهَ بِمَا لاَ يَعْلَمُ فِي ٱلسَّمَاوَاتِ وَلاَ فِي ٱلأَرْضِ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ }

ورابعها: أنهم وضعوا هذه الأصنام والأوثان على صور أنبيائهم وأكابرهم، وزعموا أنهم متى اشتغلوا بعبادة هذه التماثيل، فإن أولئك الأكابر تكون شفعاء لهم عند الله تعالى، ونظيره في هذا الزمان اشتغال كثير من الخلق بتعظيم قبور الأكابر، على اعتقاد أنهم إذا عظموا قبورهم فإنهم يكونون شفعاء لهم عند الله

“And they worship besides Allâh things that hurt them not, nor profit them, and they say: "These are our intercessors with Allâh." Say: "Do you inform Allâh of that which He knows not in the heavens and on the earth?" Glorified and Exalted be He above all that which they associate as partners with Him!”[10:18]

Imaam Razi said in his tafseer

“They(the polytheists) made these idols in the likeness of their prophets and elders. and they claimed that when they busy themselves with worship of these statues ,the elders will become their intercessors with Allah .Similar to them in this time are the actions of many people who busy themselves with glorification of graves of the elders(/great men) with the belief that when they glorify their graves(of the righteous) they will be their intercessors with Allah"[Tafseerul Kabeer

likewise when they ignorantly claim that Ibn Abdul-Wahhab was the first to espouse the idea that the mushrikeen in he prophets time affirmed tawheed of rububiyyah, and that he innvoated in dividing tawheed into three categories then

Say, "Who provides for you from the heaven and the earth? Or who controls hearing and sight and who brings the living out of the dead and brings the dead out of the living and who arranges [every] matter?" They will say, " Allah ," so say, "Then will you not fear Him?" [10:31]

Imam Razi said in the tafseer of the above verse

إذا سألهم عن مدبر هذه الأحوال فسيقولون إنه الله سبحانه وتعالى، وهذا يدل على أن المخاطبين بهذا الكلام كانوا يعرفون الله ويقرون به، وهم الذين قالوا في عبادتهم للأصنام إنها تقربنا إلى الله زلفى وإنهم شفعاؤنا عند الله وكانوا يعلمون أن هذه الأصنام لا تنفع ولا تضر، فعند ذلك قال لرسوله عليه السلام: { فَقُلْ أَفَلاَ تَتَّقُونَ } يعني أفلا تتقون أن تجعلوا هذه الأوثان شركاء لله في المعبودية، مع اعترافكم بأن كل الخيرات في الدنيا والآخرة إنما تحصل من رحمة الله وإحسانه، واعترافكم بأن هذه الأوثان لا تنفع ولا تضر ألب

"If it is asked to them about the controller of these things(mentioned in the verse) they will say Allah swt, this is proof the that they knew about Allah and admit it (that Allah was the sole controller of things mentioned in the verse) .They said about their worship of the idols, that it draws us closer to Allah and they are our intercessor with Allah and they knew that these idols cannot harm or benefit by themselves .

Next Allah said to his messenger {فَقُلْ أَفَلاَ تَتَّقُون }

Meaning: Do u not fear Allah('s punishment) to set up partners with him in worship (Ma'budiyyah) after recognizing that all things good in dunya and the akhira that happen are from the mercy of Allah and his favour and recognizing that these idols neither benefit nor harm

as you can see, that and more are very beneficial to us, more so than to them

asalamu alaikum

Old 10-21-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Bismillah

may Allah reward you for the effort put in to further clarify.

I realize that such books can be read by the scholars and students of knowledge for a specific purpose, but I am from the common folk so I when I saw those books there I felt uneasy in my heart.

I did not realize that ashari's hold this type of tawassul legitimate, I thought they only have deviation in regards to Names and Attributes.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:13 AM

Quote:
may Allah reward you for the effort put in to further clarify.

I realize that such books can be read by the scholars and students of knowledge for a specific purpose, but I am from the common folk so I when I saw those books there I felt uneasy in my heart.

I did not realize that ashari's hold this type of tawassul legitimate, I thought they only have deviation in regards to Names and Attributes.

they don't hold tawassul.Ash'arism is just ash'arism, and sufism is just sufism.

its just that nowadays, the common ash'ari is as well a sufi. UNlike before in the older days you find imams who were ash'ari were opposed to sufism, and you find even mushrik apostates like ibn arabi as-sufi who were staunch opposers to ash'arism

asalamu alaikum

Old 10-22-2007, 04:49 AM

Default bismillah

aha, that is kinda what i understood. All clear now.