Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > Hadeeth Sciences & Islamic History
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 04:03 PM

Default 70 virgins in the paradise

i have many times that it exists a hadith about the virgins in the jannah, that a man get 70 virgins....my question is, will every man get 70 virgins? Or is this hadith daif?
Old 11-10-2009, 04:58 PM

also there is a hadith which says everytime a wife shouts at her husband the hoorein sing something like 'dont shout at him, he is only on earth for a short time (unlike the women?) , we will look after him blah blah blah' . Is this hadith daeef because the hoorein dont have a clue of what its like living on earth, they dont have any emotions, ups and downs, challenges and drawbacks with having to live with men when all they will do is sleep with them so its abit nonsensical to say that?
Old 11-10-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umm abdullah View Post
also there is a hadith which says everytime a wife shouts at her husband the hoorein sing something like 'dont shout at him, he is only on earth for a short time (unlike the women?) , we will look after him blah blah blah' . Is this hadith daeef because the hoorein dont have a clue of what its like living on earth, they dont have any emotions, ups and downs, challenges and drawbacks with having to live with men when all they will do is sleep with them so its abit nonsensical to say that?

It was narrated from Mu’aadh ibn Jabal that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman offends her husband in this world but his wife among the hoor al-iyn says, ‘Do not offend him, may Allaah kill you, for he is only with you for a short time and soon he will leave you and come to us.’”

[Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1174) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.]

Secondly, in my humble opinion, as these are the words of the Prophet (SAWS), you should not describe the parts which you can't recall as "blah blah blah", which is not considered to be an expression conveying respect. Rather you should type as "..............."

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Abdurrahman* View Post
i have many times that it exists a hadith about the virgins in the jannah, that a man get 70 virgins....my question is, will every man get 70 virgins? Or is this hadith daif?

“The Shaheed is granted seven special favours from Allah. He is forgiven (his sins) at the first drop of his blood. He sees his place in Paradise. He is dressed in the clothes of Iman. He is married to the Hoor al-‘Ain (beautiful women of Paradise). He is saved from the punishment of the grave. He will be protected from the great fear of the Day of Judgement. A crown of honour will be placed on his head, one jewel of which is better than the whole world and what it contains. He is married to seventy-two of the Hoor al-‘Ain (beautiful women of Paradise), and he will be able to intercede for seventy members of his family.”

[Related by Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Hibbaan].

Quote:
It was reported in the hadeeth of al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Karb that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The martyr (shaheed) has seven blessings from Allaah: he is forgiven from the moment his blood is first shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be spared the trial of the grave; and he will be secure on the Day of the Greatest Terror (the Day of Judgement); there will be placed on his head a crown of dignity, one ruby of which is better than this world and all that is in it; he will be married to seventy-two of al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will be permitted to intercede for seventy of his relatives.”

According to another report, the martyr has six blessings from Allaah. According to other reports (the number is) six, or nine, or ten.

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, who said it is a hasan hadeeth. Also narrated by Ibn Maajah in al-Sunan, by Ahmad, by ‘Abd al-Razzaaq in al-Musannaf, by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, and by Sa’eed ibn Mansoor in al-Sunan).

Shaykh Waleed al-Firyaan
(I'm not aware of how these narrations have been graded by the scholars of Hadeeth. Hopefully, someone knowledgeable in Hadeeth can provide the Takhreej.)
...you counted it a little thing, while with All‚h (SWT) it was very great. [24:15]
Old 11-10-2009, 07:56 PM

blah blah blah was just a figure of speach, the prophet saw will not say that but the hoorein will....to be honest no-one can hear them (apart from themselves) so im not sure what the point is to say that

Quote:
It was narrated from Mu’aadh ibn Jabal that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman offends her husband in this world but his wife among the hoor al-iyn says, ‘Do not offend him, may Allaah kill you, for he is only with you for a short time and soon he will leave you and come to us.’”

[Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1174) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
I didnt know they said 'may Allah KILL YOU' thats more than what I expected, everyone argues (even men)....what does 'offend' mean?

was it classed as otherwise (daeef / munkar) by any other scholars?

jzk
Old 11-10-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirmuzaffar View Post
[COLOR=navy][B] He is married to seventy-two of the Hoor al-‘Ain (beautiful women of Paradise), and he will be able to intercede for seventy members of his family.”

[Related by Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Hibbaan].
I thought men had 2 wives in jannah and the rest were hoors? is it different for a shaheed?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Abdurrahman* View Post
only a shaheed gets 72 hoors and i dont know how many wives...

but a normal person gets 2 hoorien (oh well nevermind, i think this will please many women!)

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The first group will enter Paradise looking like the moon on the night when it is full, and those who follow them will be like the brightest shining star in the sky. Their hearts will be as one, and there will be no hatred or jealousy among them. Each man will have two wives from among al-hoor al-‘iyn, the marrow of whose calves can be seen from beneath the bone and flesh.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 3014)

I was wondering if the human wives will be the queens of the hoorien and much more beautiful then why would men want hoorien?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:13 AM

Send a message via MSN to MohammadMufti

Quote:
Originally Posted by umm abdullah View Post
I was wondering if the human wives will be the queens of the hoorien and much more beautiful then why would men want hoorien?
Allah (swt) also made rivers of different types of drink. Eternity is a very long time and when we enter Jannah, inshaAllah, these things like diversity in a possession will make sense instantly.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Eternity is a very long time
Eternity is eternity isn't it! When you say very long time its like after a very long time its going to end. How is that possible?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammadMufti View Post
Allah (swt) also made rivers of different types of drink. Eternity is a very long time and when we enter Jannah, inshaAllah, these things like diversity in a possession will make sense instantly.
jazakumullahu khairan for that answer that makes some sence, but if i had the best pc in the world i wouldnt want a crapper model, i mean how can you beat the best?, i guess if you dont have anything to compare it to you wont know what the best is, maybe......
Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 AM

Send a message via MSN to MohammadMufti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Sa'eed View Post
Eternity is eternity isn't it! When you say very long time its like after a very long time its going to end. How is that possible?
I intended by it "eternity" as well, I should of said "we'll be there for eternity inshaAllah" full stop but I'm used to writing more (too much lit). Sorry for any confusion.

Quote:
jazakumullahu khairan for that answer that makes some sence, but if i had the best pc in the world i wouldnt want a crapper model, i mean how can you beat the best?, i guess if you dont have anything to compare it to you wont know what the best is, maybe......
True, I trust that Allah (swt) will make it enjoyable however He pleases inshaAllah.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Banned

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

I was going to blow out but I remembered that all we do should be to please Allah

Now, Umm Abdullah and Abdurrahman, if you have heard of the hadeeths:
Quote:
He said: فيها ما لا عين رأت ولا أذن سمعت ولا خطر على قلب بشر
In heaven, there are things no eye has ever seen, things no ear has ever heard, and things that no human being has ever thought of.
Trying to understand this by using your brain and examples of this life is a vvain talk. We are not created to ponder about how will we deal with 70 honorable virgins we respect and love, but how you will get to jennah.

Quote:
The Hadith in which the prophet told us that the thing people enjoy most in heaven is seeing Allah.!!!
روى مسلم في صحيحه عن صهيب رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: "إذا دخل أهل الجنة الجنة، قال: يقول الله تبارك وتعالى: تريدون شيئا أزيدكم، فيقولون: ألم تبيض وجوهنا، ألم تدخلنا الجنة، وتنجينا من النار، قال: فيكشف الحجاب، فما أعطوا شيئا أحب إليهم من النظر إلى ربهم عز وجل، ثم تلا هذه الآية: لِّلَّذِينَ أَحْسَنُوا الْحُسْنَى وَزِيَادَةٌ
So after, these two hadeeths your understanding of the subject you
re talking about should be logical.

Muhammad Mufti, Allah (S.A.W.S.) said that each man will have 70 hur ul ayn and 2 wives from this world and every time he returns to which ever wife she will again be pure(virgin). Are you impying that because paradise is eternal, men won't have hoor al ayn all at the same time? If so, I don't think you have evidence to back that up and therefore you shouldn't preach it.

Quote:
Objection to the fact that a man will have hoor ‘iyn who will share her husband with her
What happens in paradise, with a couple who have been married. I have heard that the wife will be with her husband, but that the husband will in addition to her, have 70 women (hoors) at his service.
This to me does not seem like a fair concept for the women, to share their husbands in this way.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The believer must submit to the rulings and decrees of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allaah (His Words, the Qur’aan) and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say: ‘We hear and we obey.’ And such are the successful (who will live forever in Paradise)”

[al-Noor 24:51]

If the believer is confused about anything in the rulings of Allaah, and he does not know what it means or what the reason behind it is, then he must say as those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say:

“We believe in it; the whole of it (clear and unclear Verses) are from our Lord”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:7 – interpretation of the meaning]

It is not permissible for the believer to say that one of the rulings of Allaah is not fair; exalted be Allaah far above that. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And your Lord is not at all unjust to (His) slaves”

[Fussilat 41:46]

There is no rule that is better than the rule of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is not Allaah the Best of judges?”

[al-Teen 95:8]

“Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) Ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allaah for a people who have firm Faith?”

[al-Maa’idah 5:50]

Secondly:

In this question there are two mistakes and a misunderstanding. The first mistake is where the questioner says that in Paradise a man will have seventy hoor ‘iyn. What is proven in the saheeh Sunnah is that the martyr (shaheed) will have seventy-two hoor ‘iyn. The least of the people of Paradise will have two wives, and some will have more than that.

It was narrated that al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Yakrib said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The martyr has six blessings with Allaah: he will be forgiven from the first drop of blood shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be protected from the torment of the grave; he will be safe from the greater terror; a crown of dignity will be placed on his head, one ruby of which is better than this world and everything in it; he will be married to seventy-two wives from al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will intercede for seventy of his relatives.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1663; Ibn Maajah, 2799; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

And more than that has been narrated. Abu Na’eem narrated in Sifat al-Jannah from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man will go to one hundred virgins in one day – i.e., in Paradise.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 367.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The lowest of the people of Paradise in status will be a man whose face Allaah will turn away from the Fire towards Paradise, and make a shady tree appear before him. … Then he will enter his house and his two wives from among al-hoor al-‘iyn will enter after him. They will say: ‘Praise be to Allah Who has created you for us and us for you.’ And he will say: ‘No one has been given the like of that which I have been given.’” Narrated by Muslim, 188.

Al-Haafiz said:

The apparent meaning is that the least that will be given to each of them will be two wives.

Thirdly:

The second mistake is the questioner’s saying that al-hoor al-‘iyn will serve the man. This is not correct, rather the ones who will serve the people of Paradise will be boys of everlasting youth. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And round about them will (serve) boys of everlasting youth. If you see them, you would think them scattered pearls”

[al-Insaan 76:19]

Al-hoor al-‘iyn will be wives of the men in Paradise, in addition to their wives from among the people of this world. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So (it will be). And We shall marry them to Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”

[al-Dukhaan 44:54]

“They will recline (with ease) on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”

[al-Toor 52:20]

Fourthly:

The misunderstanding is when the questioner says: “This to me does not seem like a fair concept for the women, to share their husbands in this way.”

Fairness or justice is to be found in the rulings of sharee’ah, not in what a person thinks who does not know sharee’ah and its rulings, let alone the reasons behind them.

The sister who is asking this question thinks that the jealousy in her heart, and what it leads to of depression and sorrow will remain with her in Paradise, but this is not correct, and this is why there is this misunderstanding in her question.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We shall remove from their breasts any (mutual) hatred or sense of injury (which they had, if at all, in the life of this world); rivers flowing under them, and they will say: ‘All the praises and thanks be to Allaah, Who has guided us to this, and never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allaah had guided us! Indeed, the Messengers of our Lord did come with the truth.’ And it will be cried out to them: ‘This is the Paradise which you have inherited for what you used to do’”

[al-A’raaf 7:43]

There is nothing but joy and happiness in Paradise; there is no room for hatred and rancour in the hearts of the people of Paradise. Al-hoor al-‘iyn are something which Allaah has created to honour the people of Paradise and to increase their delight. Moreover a man will be given the strength of one hundred men for intercourse, so the large number will not have any effect on a woman, and her feelings towards her co-wives and her husband’s concubines will not be like her feelings in this world.

It was narrated that Zayd ibn Arqam said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “A man in Paradise will be given the strength of one hundred men in eating, drinking, desire and intercourse.” A Jewish man said: “The one who eats and drinks will need to relieve himself.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, “The way in which one of them will relieve himself will be by means of sweat which will come out through his pores, and thus the food in his stomach will be digested.”

“Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) Ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allaah for a people who have firm Faith?”

[al-Maa’idah 5:50 – interpretation of the meaning]

Narrated by Ahmad, 18827; classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan, 16/443; and by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1627.

It was narrated from Anas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The believer in Paradise will be given such-and-such strength for intercourse.” It was said, “O Messenger of Allaah, will he really be able to do that?” He said, “He will be given the strength of a hundred (men).”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2536; classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan, 16/413; and by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 8106.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Old 03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Muhammad Mufti,
... said that each(coerrection nedeed) man will have 70 hur ul ayn and 2 wives from this world and every time he returns to which ever wife she will again be pure(virgin). Are you impying that because paradise is eternal, men won't have hoor al ayn all at the same time? If so, I don't think you have evidence to back that up and therefore you shouldn't preach it.
"In this question there are two mistakes and a misunderstanding. The first mistake is where the questioner says that in Paradise a man will have seventy hoor ‘iyn. What is proven in the saheeh Sunnah is that the martyr (shaheed) will have seventy-two hoor ‘iyn. The least of the people of Paradise will have two wives, and some will have more than that."