Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > 'Aqeedah & Refutation of Deviant Sects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2009, 02:04 PM

Default Are 'non practising muslims' - Muslims?

Asalam alykum

Whats the ruling on people who say they are muslim, who dont pray the 5 prayers, they sometimes read Quran without knowing what it is about (at all, in meaning etc.), they fast in Ramadan, and know a few basic beliefs like the pillars of eman and islam in the basics. They've hardly read the biography of Allah's Messenger, so they are unaware of who he is except by name.

This is the situation of the majority of (non practising) muslims today around the world.

So generally, what do the scholars say about such people who fit that description?
Old 12-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

My beloved brother,

They are obviously Muslims and that is the view of the majority of scholars.

Wallahu A'lam

Why Posts Are Deleted?
[Subscribe] Oasis.of.Serenity

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:12 PM

asalam alykum

Whats the basic minimum thats required to be within the fold of islam, and be saved from eternal punishment in the fire?

Jazak Allah khayr.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatadah View Post
asalam alykum
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
Quote:
Whats the basic minimum thats required to be within the fold of islam, and be saved from eternal punishment in the fire?
to beleive in Allah alone as a God to wosrhip and that Muhammad is the last Messenger.

Believe in day of judgment, angles, books, fate and destiny and Messengers and the five pillars of Islam (i.e. Salaat, sawm , Zakaat and etc)

To believe in the Quran and not to believe in anything contradictoy to the Quran or basics of Islam

Wallahu A'lam

Why Posts Are Deleted?

If I do not greet back in writing then know I do it verbally because sometimes I am too busy and just want to answer the question.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:55 PM

asalam alykum

I really dont mean to cause any offense by continuing the questions, so plz forgive me..

I've read that to believe in the heart alone without practise is a characteristic of the murji'a. So people who dont practise the pillars, but believe in the heart - how can they still be muslims, especially when we hear examples of Abu Bakr (radhiy Allahu anhu) fighting people who left zakah while following the other pillars, but being called apostates/murtadeen?
Old 12-06-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Asalam alykum

Whats the ruling on people who say they are muslim, who dont pray the 5 prayers, they sometimes read Quran without knowing what it is about (at all, in meaning etc.), they fast in Ramadan, and know a few basic beliefs like the pillars of eman and islam in the basics. They've hardly read the biography of Allah's Messenger, so they are unaware of who he is except by name.

This is the situation of the majority of (non practising) muslims today around the world.

So generally, what do the scholars say about such people who fit that description?
Salam alaikum.

Muslim scholars agreed that whoever leaves the prayer (the obligatory prayer) while rejecting of its obligation, that person becomes infidel (Kafir). But they disagreed about the person who acknowledged the prayer as obligatory, but he leaves it because of laziness:
- Abu Hanifa says that the person doesn't become infidel, but he should be imprisoned until he starts to pray.
- Malik and Al-Shafi'e see that he is not infidel, but he should be executed by "hadd" (because the violation of Allah's boundaries, in this case leaving the prayer).
- The common opinion is the teaching of Ahmad Ibn Hanbal who says that the person becomes infidel, and should be executed because of apostasy. This opinion is transmitted from the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) with authentic texts. al-Mundhiri in his al-Targheeb wa al-Tarhib and others reported that Ishaq said: 'There is a consensus of opinion among Sahaba on the last opinion'.
And what indicates that opinion we find in Hadith which is reported by Muslim , Abu Dawood , al-Tirmizi , Ibn Majah , from Jabir (Radiya Allahu Anhu) that he said: "The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: Between the man and the disbelief is abandoning the prayer (obligatory prayer)" . It is reported by Ahmad from Hadith Umm Ayman which is scaled up (to the words of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam): "Whoever abandons the prayer, Allah's and Prophet's (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) protection is removed from him" .
It is reported by Ashab al-Sunan from Hadith Burayda Ibn al-Hussin , that he said: "The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "The pledge (treaty) between us and them (infidels) is the prayer, so whoever abandons it he is an infidel" .
It is reported by al-Tirmizi from Abdullah Ibn Shaqeeq that he said: "The companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) didn't see anything from the deeds, that could be a disbelief except leaving the prayer" .
Al-Imam Muhammad Ibn Nasr al-Mirouzi said: 'I heard Ishaq saying: 'It is authentic from the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) that whoever leaves the prayer is Kafir. And it was also the opinion of the knowledgeable people of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) that whoever leaves the prayer with intention, without excuse until the prayer's time ends, he is an infidel'.
Imam Ibn Hazm said: 'It is transmitted to us from Umar Ibn al-Khattab (Radiya Allahu Anhu), Muadh Ibn Jabal , Ibn Masoud and the group of the companions (Radiya Allahu Anhum) and from Ibn al-Mubarak Ahmad Ibn Hanbal and Ishaq Ibn Rahaweh (Radiya Allahu Anhum) and from exactly 17 men from the companions and ancestors, that whoever abandons the obligatory prayer with the intention and its remembrance until its time expires he is an infidel and apostate.
Abdullah Ibn al-Majishoun , a student of Malik, and Abdul Malik Ibn Habib al-Andalousi and others have the same opinion.
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/fatwa/S...Option=FatwaId

And see also this
http://www.qss.org/publications/hudaa/2.2/abandon.html
http://www.islamicawakening.com/view...rticleID=1174&
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10094

Guard yourself against temptations.
Call people to truth and the way!
Of Sunnah, don't lead them astray!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
asalam alykum
wa'alaykum as-salam

Quote:
I've read that to believe in the heart alone without practise is a characteristic of the murji'a.
akhee, as far how I understood, this has to do with abandoning all actions of limbs. Ahlus Sunnah say it is not possible that a believer has faith in his heart but he does nothing. If he doesn't have the required amount of belief to stop himself from every single sin and to do good deeds then it is same as saying he has no belief in the heart. Because murjis' understanding of imaan has to do with belief in the heart so they don't regard a person with no actions of limbs as kafir.

Some say well even if a person does nothing but he greets other Muslims and smiles at them then it is sign that he has imaan and is a Muslim. In response to this, Ahlus Sunnah say these are not action of limbs which prove that he is a Muslim because action of limbs have to be specifically only from Shari'ah of Prophet (sal-allahu alahyhi wa sallam).

Quote:
So people who dont practise the pillars, but believe in the heart - how can they still be muslims, especially when we hear examples of Abu Bakr (radhiy Allahu anhu) fighting people who left zakah while following the other pillars, but being called apostates/murtadeen?
in terms of obligatory actions, as far how I understood, majority of our scholars make takfir of the person who abandons the salah (completely) regardless of his belief in the heart. Whereas for a person who prays and leaves, I have read that some salaf made takfir of him. As far one abandoning other obligatory actions, i.e., Zakah, Siyam, etc., then they don't consider him a kafir. They say it was ijtihad of Abu Bakr (radiAllahu anho). Allahu A'lam!
Bringing Da'wah back..to life!

Alee bin al-Madini (rahimahullah) said: "When someone says so and so is an anthropomorphist we come to know he is a Jahmi". [Sharh Usool ul-I'tiqaad (no.306)]
Old 01-13-2011, 12:27 PM

Cool

Quote:
asalam alykum

I really dont mean to cause any offense by continuing the questions, so plz forgive me..

I've read that to believe in the heart alone without practise is a characteristic of the murji'a. So people who dont practise the pillars, but believe in the heart - how can they still be muslims, especially when we hear examples of Abu Bakr (radhiy Allahu anhu) fighting people who left zakah while following the other pillars, but being called apostates/murtadeen?
Bismill‚h

That's what I would say. When Abu Bakr as-SiddÓq fought against those who left zakaah, were they apostates? I know that the sah‚bas agreed with the actions of Abu Bakr as-SiddÓq radhiyAll‚hu 'anhu so what about those who left sal‚t? Are they apostates even if they didn't know that leaving sal‚t is kufr. It's the ijm‚' of the sahabas that the one who abandoned the sal‚t is a kaafir. And you are right about the characteristic of the murji'ah. What strongly bothers me is that basically all mosques expect everyone to behave in the best way after jumu'ah prayer. But how can the youths follow islam when TAWHEED is NOT being taught. I love Tawheed, it made me understand isl‚m. It made me stand firm!
Beware of writing something that will be against you on the Day of Judgment. Always ask yourself why am I posting to this particular thread and what if I just do not post, what will happen and what change will it brings forth! Try not to socilize alot with people and focus on improving yourself. Set for yourself a daily portion of dhikr or Quran to do. Do a good deed that no one will ever know about but Allah and save this hidden deed, even if it is small, in hope it will save you from the fire.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
They are obviously Muslims and that is the view of the majority of scholars.
what about the saying of Umar ibn al khattab where he says that the one who deliberately misses a prayer becomes a kafir?is it an authentic saying?
Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefendingSunnah View Post
what about the saying of Umar ibn al khattab where he says that the one who deliberately misses a prayer becomes a kafir?is it an authentic saying?
A tons of other authentic ones.

What I concluded is: people can still make the testimony of the faith when about to die, but Allah knows if they will be able to.

And I know Resool, sall-Alalhu alyhi wa salam, missed his prayer, not intentionally.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:51 PM

Asalamu alaikum

God knows what's in the hearts of people, it is not our place nor position to place tikfir on people.

read verses 99:7-8

furthermore we don't know the capacity of God's mercy. People could do acts of kindness and good deeds which could lead them to great rewards. a person could pray 5 times a day every day of their life. this doesn't necessarily guarantee Jannah.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Asalam alykum
Wa'alykum-us-salaam dear brother.

Quote:
The basic thing is that they are still considered Muslims as they believe in the pillars of Islam and Eemaan. They only commit kufr and go beyond the pale of Islaam if they reject that which is obligatory ie As-salaah.

HOWEVER, i am slightly confused on this issue as well because Allaah (SWT) says in the Qur'an: "O those who believe! Enter in Islaam fully (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islaamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitaan. Verily! He is to you a plain enemy." (surah baqarah, aayah 208)

So does this mean that the Muslims have to follow Islaam fully/completely by obeying all of what Islaam teaches, and the one who does not have followed the footsteps of Shaitaan?
After all, being Muslim means to fully submit to the Allaah (SWT)... so those who don't try to fully submit, are they true Muslims or 'Muslims by name' as they say, they'll still go to Jannah if Allaah (SWT) wills of course... any ideas?

Quote:
Sadly, this is the situation. May Allaah (SWT) make us firm in our deen. Aameen.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Allaah View Post
Wa'alykum-us-salaam dear brother.

The basic thing is that they are still considered Muslims as they believe in the pillars of Islam and Eemaan. They only commit kufr and go beyond the pale of Islaam if they reject that which is obligatory ie As-salaah.
this is not absolute. Those who are viewed as "murjia" are charged by others precisely because those who were charged with irjaa make these matters absolute, and they are not.

Yes, denial of an obligation ( or kufr al-Istihlaal) is an example of apostasy, but is NOT the only route to apostasy. It can occur by employing a mere act which entails the nullification of Islam. The one who goes to the kaahin (magician) for any issue of magic is left the fold of Isalm without doubt.

I remember i was in a theme park, i think it was sea world or something, and I asked a kaafir "where is the restroom". So after that, I came to my wife and she told me to look at who I asked, and it was a psychic magic type place. I almost made takfeer of myself because i remember that we are not even to ask of anything from such indivduals, even if it was not a real magic place. May Allah forgive me from this simple incident.

Sorry about, just had to get it off my chest. Anyways, the point being is that there are certain actions that do entail the nullification of Islam regardless of the intent or denial of obligation or prohibition (i.e. istihlaal).

Quote:
HOWEVER, i am slightly confused on this issue as well because Allaah (SWT) says in the Qur'an: "O those who believe! Enter in Islaam fully (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islaamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitaan. Verily! He is to you a plain enemy." (surah baqarah, aayah 208)

So does this mean that the Muslims have to follow Islaam fully/completely by obeying all of what Islaam teaches, and the one who does not have followed the footsteps of Shaitaan?
After all, being Muslim means to fully submit to the Allaah (SWT)... so those who don't try to fully submit, are they true Muslims or 'Muslims by name' as they say, they'll still go to Jannah if Allaah (SWT) wills of course... any ideas?

this is because we need to learn what is "m'alum min ad-deen bi duroora" or what is already known by necessity in the religion.

lastly. We are not to make takfeer for the generality of sins and the average person and this should be the normal state of the muslim, especially the one who is ignorant, and we only affirm the takfeer of someone upon clear evidence on issues that we know takes one out the fold. if they don;t make salaah, then you know. If they deal with magic, then we know.

If however you see someone who is half hearted, they make salah bu they are weak, then their issue is with Allah and not with no one else.

We can only affirm what is apparent to us and the reality of anybody is dealt with by Allah.

asalamu alaikum

"I have debated with the Ash'aris
and it has become clear to me that they believe that Allah does not exist"

May Allah hasten the Muslims back to the path
that granted victory to them before.

http://islamthought.wordpress.com/

http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/
Old 01-14-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
I remember i was in a theme park, i think it was sea world or something, and I asked a kaafir "where is the restroom". So after that, I came to my wife and she told me to look at who I asked, and it was a psychic magic type place. I almost made takfeer of myself because i remember that we are not even to ask of anything from such indivduals, even if it was not a real magic place. May Allah forgive me from this simple incident.
Did you really almost think you made Takfeer of yourself?As most Students of Knowledge know that merely asking a sooth sayer and not believing him is Miinor Kufr and his prayer is not accepted for 40 days but if you believe him then you have left the fold of Islam.So asking him about something of the unseen just for curiousity while not believing him is Minor Kufr and not major Kufr.refer to any explanation of Kitaab At-Tawheed.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:45 AM

Brother Qatada

Read eefendi's answer.Shaikh Ibn Utaimeen says that the one who does not pray at all is a Kaafir unlike the one who prays sometimes who is a Major sinner(May Allah keep us firm)

As For our Brother Ayman's answer where he said:

Quote:
to beleive in Allah alone as a God to wosrhip and that Muhammad is the last Messenger.

Believe in day of judgment, angles, books, fate and destiny and Messengers and the five pillars of Islam (i.e. Salaat, sawm , Zakaat and etc)

To believe in the Quran and not to believe in anything contradictoy to the Quran or basics of Islam
This is incorrect by Noble brother.The scholars say that th least one must have to be free from the eternal punishment is the belief(Which includes internal submission,love,sincerity and the rest of the actions of the heart)statement of the toungue(The Shahadatyan) and atleast some actions of limbs because the one who abandons actions as a whole)Which some scholars refer to as (Jinsul'amal)is not a muslim and our brother Ayman also forget to include that one must not nullify his Tawheed with a statement or an act negates faith completely

So the one who does not pray according to the majority of the Salaf(which is diffrent from saying the majority the scholars)is apostate.

I am pretty sure the gentlemen who qatada described as not praying must atleast pray Jumu'ah or some obligatory prayers even if it is in the privacy of his own home.Who are we to say this person does not pray?
Old 01-14-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-boriqee View Post
We can only affirm what is apparent to us and the reality of anybody is dealt with by Allah.

asalamu alaikum
Wa'alaykum-us-salaam dear brother,

True, as Allaah (SWT) says: "He knows what is concealed in the hearts."

Quote:
"m'alum min ad-deen bi duroora"
Can you expand on this? What does it mean?

Jazakallaah Khairun for your help.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuMusa_Al-leeby View Post
I am pretty sure the gentlemen who qatada described as not praying must atleast pray Jumu'ah or some obligatory prayers even if it is in the privacy of his own home.Who are we to say this person does not pray?
Assalaamu'alaykum-warahmatullaah dear brother,

Yes, this is what brother Qatadah is talking about - the people who pray occasionally (Jumu'ah, taraweeh, Eid and some prayers), not 5 times a day.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:15 AM

Well he he didnt say that he prayed jumu'ah .eid or taraweeh but if this is the case then scholars like Ibn Uthaimeen say whoever abandons the prayer completey is a Kaafir not the one who prays sometimes.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Multaqa Fiqh Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuMusa_Al-leeby View Post
As For our Brother Ayman's answer where he said:....This is incorrect by Noble brother.

My beloved brother,

I always ask laypeople and even those who consider themselves as students of knowledge not to negate or object to what they do not know.

Quote:
and our brother Ayman also forget to include that one must not nullify his Tawheed with a statement or an act negates faith completely
I have mentioned it, if you read my post. It is the last line of my post.

Quote:
So the one who does not pray according to the majority of the Salaf(which is diffrent from saying the majority the scholars)is apostate.
Who said this?

Majority of scholars and Majority of the Salaf say not praying while believing in it does not nullify one's Islam. The view that you adopt by Taqleed is the view of some of Hanabilah scholars but not the official view of Hanbali Madhab. Yet, this minority view has been advocated by recent Hanabilah scholars, May Allah preserve them.

That said, I hope you are intending to impose a view of minority on Muslims despite what we believe regarding its validity.

Please do not take this reply as an attempt to convince you or discuss it with you. I neither have the time nor the desire to do so as all I wanted to clarify is that you are free to do Taqleed of any shaykh you like but do not impose it on others. And if you are looking for real discussion, please post it in the Arabic section and I will be more than happy to detail the matter for you, though if you search it there you will find my replies about this topic.

Barak Allahu feekum

Why Posts Are Deleted?

Old 01-14-2011, 08:52 AM

Shaykh Ayman how would you respond to this:

1 - Mujahid bin al-Hajjaj (the noble Tabi’i) asked Jabir bin ‘Abdillah (the noble Companion): “What actions did you use to differentiate between belief and disbelief during the time of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him)?” He replied: “The prayer.”

[al-Marwazi in 'Ta'dhim Qadr as-Salah' (2/877) and al-Lalaka'i in 'I'tiqad Ahl as-Sunnah' (4/829), by way of Ya'qub bin Ibrahim, who is known as a trustworthy narrator]

2 - The noble Tabi’i ‘Abdullah bin Shaqiq al-’Aqili said: “The Companions of Muhammad did not see the abandonment of any actions as consituting disbelief except for the prayer.”

[at-Tirmidhi (2622) and al-Hakim (1/1248) by way of Bishr bin al-Mufaddal. al-Hakim declared it to be authentic on the conditions of al-Bukhari and Muslim]

al-Mubarakfuri commented on this in ‘Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi’ (7/370) by saying: “This saying of ‘Abdullah bin Shaqiq – in its apparent meaning – proves that the Companions of the Messenger of Allah believed the abandoment of prayer to be disbelief. What is apparent from this statement is that the Companions were all agreed in this, since he said: “The Companions of Muhammad…,” which is a collective attribution.”

3 - The noble Tabi’i al-Hasan al-Basri said: “It has reached me that the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) used to say: “Between a servant and his falling into polytheism and disbelief is that he leaves the prayer without a valid excuse.”

[al-Lalaka'i (4/829, 1539), Ibn Battah in 'al-Ibanah' (p. 87), and al-Khallal in 'as-Sunnah' (4/124 and #1372)]

4 - Hammad bin Zayd narrated from Ayyub (a well-known Tabi’i) that he said: “To leave the prayer is disbelief. There is no difference of opinion on this.”

[al-Marwazi in 'Ta'dhim Qadr as-Salah' (2/925 and 978)]

5 - al-Marwazi also mentions that he heard Ishaq bin Rahwiyah (the well-known trustworthy narrator, the companion of Ahmad bin Hambal) say: “It has been authentically narrated from the Prophet (peace be upon him) that the one who leaves the prayer is a disbeliever. Likewise, this has been the opinion of the people of knowledge since the time of the Prophet up until our times: that the one who leaves the prayer beyond its proper time – intentionally and without a valid excuse – is a disbeliever.”

6 - al-Marwazi also mentioned in ‘Ta’dhim Qadr as-Salah’ (2/925): “We mentioned the reports narrated from the Prophet (peace be upon him) regarding the disbelief of the one who leaves the prayer, and his leaving the creed of Islam, and the permissibility of fighting the one who refuses to establish it. Then, we received similar reports from the Companions, and we did not come across any difference from this opinion from a single one of them. However, the people of knowledge began differing in this afterwards…”

And it is well-known that Muhammad bin Nasr al-Marwazi was famous for his vast knowledge of the sayings and opinions of the people of knowledge in the area of agreement and differing on various legal issues, as was mentioned by al-Khatib al-Baghdadi in ‘Tarikh Baghdad’ (3/315): “He was from the most knowledgable of people of the differences of opinion amonst the Companions and those who came after them.” Also, adh-Dhahabi supported this saying in ‘Siyar A’lam an-Nubala” (14/34): “It is said: “He was by far the most knowledgable of the scholars regarding the differences of opinion between the scholars.”"

7 - Ibn Taymiyyah mentioned in ‘Sharh al-’Umdah’ (2/75), as did Ibn al-Qayyim in ‘as-Salah’ (p.67), that this is the consensus of the Companions, due to the saying of ‘Umar, in the presence of the Companions, without any of them opposing his saying: “There is no share of Islam for the one who leaves the prayer,” or: “There is no Islam for the one who does not pray.”

8 - With all of this, nobody who says that the one who does not pray is not a disbeliever can find a single Companion who holds their opinion. In fact, they cannot find even a single Tabi’i except az-Zuhri, who was himself a minor Tabi’i.

Ibn Hazm says in ‘al-Muhalla’ (2/242): “We do not know of what we have mentioned from the Companions any difference of opinion amongst them, and the followers of the four madhahib are very eager to hold onto the difference of opinion from a Companion if this is in accordance with their desires. And it has been narrated from ‘Umar, ‘Abdur-Rahman bin ‘Awf, Mu’adh bin Jabal, Abu Hurayrah, and other than them from the Companions that the one who leaves a single obligatory prayer – intentionally and beyond its proper time – then he is a disbelieving apostate.”

And al-Mundhiri mentioned in ‘at-Targhib wat-Tarhib’ (1/393) additional Companions who reported this: “…’Abdullah bin Mas’ud, ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas, Jabir bin ‘Abdillah, and Abu ad-Darda’ – may Allah be pleased with them all.” And from other than the Companions: “…Ahmad bin Hambal, Ishaq bin Rahwiyah, ‘Abdullah bin al-Mubarak, Ibrahim an-Nakha’i, al-Hakam bin ‘Utaybah, Ayyub as-Sakhtiyani, Abu Dawud at-Taylasi, Abu Bakr bin Abi Shaybah, Zuhayr bin Harb, and other than them.”

And this is the saying of the majority of the people of Hadith, and this was the opinion of Sa’id bin Jubayr, al-Hasan al-Basri, al-Awza’i, and Muhammad bin al-Hasan. It is the authentically narrated opinion of ash-Shafi’i, as Ibn Kathir mentioned in his ‘Tafsir’ (in his explanation of verse 59 in ‘Maryam’) and at-Tahawi narrated from ash-Shafi’i personally.

Final benefit: Ibn al-Qayyim said, in ‘as-Salah’: “The Muslims do not disagree that the intentional abandonment of the obligatory prayer is from the greatest and most major of sins, and that the sin of such a person is greater in the Sight of Allah than the sin of the one who commits murder and steals wealth, and commits fornication, and drinks alcohol, and that he is exposing himself to the punishment and anger of Allah, and humiliation in this life and the next.”

Original Arabic: http://www.ibnamin.com/salat_zakat.htm

المرأة المسلمة تهز المهد بيمينها و تزلزل عروش الكفر بشمالها
The muslimah rocks the cradle with her right hand and shakes the thrones of kufr with her left.

mogreen88.wordpress.com
abubakrassiddeeq.wordpress.com
arbaeen.wordpress.com
ummahatulmumineen.wordpress.com
imambukhaari.wordpress.com
rasoolulallah.wordpress.com
tafseerjuzzamma.wordpress.com
matnabishujaa.wordpress.com
http://marriageislam.wordpress.com/
http://tafseersurahalfatiha.wordpress.com/