Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth

Go Back   Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth > Hadeeth Sciences & Islamic History
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2009, 04:07 PM

Default Extracting lessons from the Seerah

Assalamu alaykum

1. Extract important lessons that contemporary Muslims can benefit from the expedition to Khaybar.

2. Compare and contrast, in your own words, the reaction and response of the following rulers to Prophet Muhammad’s (SAW) invitation to Islam: Heraclius, Chosroes, Negus and Muqawqis. In your answer describe briefly the political, geographical and economical atmosphere surrounding each ruler.

I have been asked these two questions in an assignment, I am struggling with where to start- The book which I am using is 'Muhammad (saw) The Last Prophet A model for all time' by Sayyed Abul Hasan 'Ali Nadwi for the seerah, but it kind of just gives facts, rather describing what benefit we can take from the events.

I would appreciate any help that can be given in this topic please?

JazakAllah
Old 12-31-2009, 04:21 PM

Salam Alaykum,

There is a Book published by Darussalam, you can find it here ( http://store.dar-us-salam.com/Eng_Pr...ammad/202.html ). I have yet to come across another book like this in the english language. I like because it is very well researched and towards the end of each section in the seerah, the author lists Lessons and Legal points. Towards the end of the Khaybar chapter the author listed 23 points of benefit, and I am sure there are many more. I can list them for you if you want but give me some time.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:09 PM

Assalamu alaykum.
Thank you Thank you..I am going to check the link now, and if you could also list some, that would be great too, and if you manage to post them in time for me to use them, then Alhamdulillah...and if not in time, then at least I can have the knowledge myself, InshaAllah.

thank you again!
Old 12-31-2009, 05:40 PM

Assalamu alaykum.
It's a hard book to find- I cannot seem to find it in UK? The DarusSalam.co.uk isn't working- I have found a similar book
{ http://www.al-hidaayah.co.uk/the-lif...ophet-muhammad }

Has anyone read this book? Is it similar to the other link?
Old 12-31-2009, 07:32 PM

I will list few of the benefits that are listed in the book.

1. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) Prohibited any dishonesty in matters of teh spoils of war. He said that whoever decieved and died will be in the Fire. It is reported that his companions said about a man that he was a martyr. He (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said, "Never. I saw him in the Fire because of a cloak that he had kept back from the spoils" (Sahih Muslim)

2. Prohibited meat of the Mule

3. He (صلى الله عليه و سلم) Prohibited loot of the spoils before they are distributed

4. A few miracles came to be shown through him (صلى الله عليه و سلم) for people to draw lessons. In addition to his spitting in Ali's eyes, that removed his ailment, and the sheep's shoulder speaking to him, it is also reported that he blew threee times on Salamah bin Akwa's Knee which had recieved a blow, and thereafter Salamah never reported any pain. (Bukhari)

5. It is allowed for the Commander of the Faithful to enter into a temporary treaty and then declare it null and void when he wishes.

6. It is also allowed to make a peace deal conditional, as did the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) on condition that the jews would not conceal anything. The case involving the treasure of Huyaiy bin Akhtab represents a precedence.

7. The legality of exiling the non-muslims from an Islamic country when one can do without them, as did Umar (radiallah anhu) after the death of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم).

8. If someone kills another by poison, his or her life will be taken away in rataliation as the Jewish woman was killed for causing the death of Bishr bin Bara'.

9. Legality of accepting slaughtered anima's food from the People of the Book, legality of its consumption, and the legality of accepting gifts from them-as was the incident involving the Jewish Woman.

These are just the ones that I could type up out of the 23 listed. Hope that Helps!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:26 PM

Assalalmu alaykum!
JazakAllah for your posts and help- I managed to go and buy the book today. It's been an amazing help so far Alhamdulillah!

Thank you
Old 01-02-2010, 05:09 PM

Which book did you get?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:30 AM

Assalamu alaykum.
I got the book which you recommended- 'A biogrpahy of the Prophet of Islam In the Light of the Original Sources. An analytical study'. Vol 1 and 2.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:50 PM

asalaam alaikum

abit of it is online;

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=G...age&q=&f=false